Jinteki.net discussion

Some cards aren’t finished per say, but are rather easy to do manually - exile for example. Some cards, on the other hand, need to be done so badly you basically can’t play with them (test run/virus breeding ground/next design)

• Virus Breeding ground is problematic indeed.
  • Test Run is fully automated.
  • For Next Design simply add yourself clicks. install ICEs and draw cards before starting the game.
2 Likes

Oops, I meant scavenge.

Really enjoyed the few games I’ve played with Jinteki.net! The two biggest annoyances I’ve had with it so far, though: 1) manually clicking credits when using Blue Sun ability and/or Oversight AI are a nightmare; 2) can’t manually add virus tokens (e.g. adding a token to Datasucker because I had to jack out when doing a Security Testing run, in order to not actually access anything.)

I’d like to use Jinteki.net to introduce my friend to the game. Ideally, I would start with 2 beginner level decks that are reasonably balanced and fully implemented. The decks need not be limited to the core set. Any suggestions? It would be especially helpful to see these decks pre-loaded in Jinteki.net.

1 Like

Mtgred has put together an amazing platform. Respect.

I believe he’s worried about how FFG would react, but there needs to be a way for the J.net regulars to donate a few $$ here and there.

1 Like

Speaking of disconnects… seems like I’ve been getting a lot more octgn disconnects in the last few days… usually several per game. Anyone else noticing that?

I second this.

I third it. Two more of my brothers want to learn, but that Level 2 Stimhack Learning Corp deck literally cannot win a game, especially not against that Kate list with huge breaker redundancies and MOpus…

I assume this is probably a server load issue. I have a copy of his platform running on my own server and never have any problems with it.

Had my first few games on Jinteki tonight, shout out to @mtgred it was a smooth experience, easy to pick up after a couple of games and a nice interface. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I hope some streamers showcase it soon.

1 Like

I’m still fairly new around here, so forgive me if I missed someone else posting this…

It appears that they’ve SIGNIFICANTLY reduced lag, and they’ve implemented a TON of important features, recently.

3 Likes

I plan to stream using it this evening, fwiw.

3 Likes

Are you “mendax” on there, too? I don’t think I’ve played you, yet.

I am, yes. I’ve been playing all kinds of random things.

Generally, I’m a pretty critical person and not easily pleased. Jinteki.net has always been barely usable, until recently.

It’s much faster and simpler to use recently and I very much appreciate the work, @mendax and others. I’d be more than willing to move my Patreon donation away from OCTGN to jinteki.net. Is there anywhere to donate?

Lastly, there is one major feature that the game really needs to simulate an actual game of Netrunner:

• When accessing more than one card, the game engine should let you access one by one instead of showing you in the log all the cards that you accessed. This is especially important in Archives and remotes, but really important in all servers.

If you’d like any help with a flowchart or something to get this feature started, let me know @mendax.

Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

That point is probably the biggest problem i have with it right now. I should note that I’m not a coder, it’s @mtgred that actually runs the thing, I’m just using a lot right now.

1 Like

Here’s a blurb from the About page.

1 Like

Tried it out again recently…you’ve made a lot of progress since your “EARLY” days…it was actually pretty enjoyable! Will definitely find myself using it more now.

Keep up the good work, I’ll have to donate too. CHEERS