[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

Also encourage your opponents to play fast.

4 Likes

A frequent note of mine:

“Hey, we’ve got 40/30/20/10 minutes left.”

5 Likes

So that they forget to have 4 creds for NAPD.
Playing fast has some disadvantages - in SSCI after ending my match with Calimsha in 20 minutes I had to wait an hour before knowing if I made the cut. I wish I had played glacier.

I mean the whole point of playing corp cards like NAPD, traps, face down ice etc are to give your opponents tough decisions they must make within a reasonable amount of time.

If my opponent has an infinite amount of time to think, then of course they are going to make close to optimal decisions, I would too. But… even if my board state is complicated taking 2 minutes to click kati, draw 2 cards, and play sure gamble is way too long. We just don’t have tons of time in netrunner.

If I slowed down as runner then sure I would probably win slightly more, but I would go to time more as well(something I’m proud to say I’ve very rarely done in physical netrunner). I don’t hold a double standard where I get tons of runner time and they get none :).

Just my .02$

2 Likes

Sounds like a perfect argument for chess clocks…

5 Likes

And thus we enter into a time loop.

The portal on this end: Revising the Tournament System Post-Worlds - #52 by bayushi_david

2 Likes

Yes, that was my joke. I know it will never happen, and people, for lame reasons, think it’s unfeasible. However, it’s the best solution to any card game. People will stall, intentionally or not, and there’s not a damn reasonable thing to be done about it. I was hoping that an online version, like OCTGN, Jinteki.net, etc., would implement it.

2 Likes

All stimhack threads are now about clot, chess clocks or memstrips.

23 Likes

Only the ones I follow, which are the only ones that matter.

5 Likes

A joke? A lame joke by you?! That’s not you… :wink:

1 Like

Man, who made you Captain of the Spags Police? :wink:

1 Like

Just trolling the Troll!

3 Likes

Oh, I know. I just wanted to provide easy access to the time portal! I’m an enabler.

I’m going to try to mentally categorize all new topics along these lines :slight_smile:

1 Like

OCTGN is slow. I think playing IRL we’d finish yesterday’s match on time, though probably with not much left as we both had glacier corps.

In my experience, Jinteki.net is even more slow than OCTGN due to frequent lag issues. But didn’t mtgred (Minh) say he might be willing to implement chess clocks?

How on earth is OCTGN slow? It’s faster than playing IRL if both players are familiar with it.

I am much quicker irl personally, but I guess I don’t play tons of OCTGN compared to some people.

1 Like

When I played buttloads of OCTGN and had hotkeys working it was a lot faster for me than it is now. Also I think the server got shittier or the program got laggier. IRL was always faster though.

2 Likes

Try playing against Keyhole decks, I know I’m a good shuffler, but some people just cry the moment they see a keyhole because their fingers will bleed at the end of the match

1 Like

I don’t think you should be a judge for what counts as “fast”, mr TurboFast :smile:

1 Like