[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

Well, maybe not. If they Femme a sentry of strength 2 and 2 subroutines I think I have to be ok with that. In all honesty though, it’s probably not making it into my next RP deck.

2 Likes

I mean, the quality Eater Keyhole MaxX decks run 2 Femme, and 3 Retrievals. They’ll have one early, to protect and break. Worth 3-4 creds just to break that Swordsman, and you prob. won’t even rez at that point.

1 Like

I always wanted to try out CVS, how did you find its usefulness throughout the tourney?

1 Like

It’s becoming a necessity, maybe even multiple copies. There are very few decks that is completely dead in.

3 Likes

Only 2 Caprice and no Batty. Going against the grain here!

Have you tested with Batty at all, and what where your thoughts on the card?

I’ve always ran 2 caprice, I think with interns and 2 DBS that 2 is all you need. Batty is probably better I was just trying out corporate troubleshooter and couldn’t find room for both. I also think if you run Batty that you also should run Ichi and for some reason every time I play Ichi it’s the only ice I draw

1 Like

Won a local ANR:PC tourney (18 players) and went 4-1 with the following list yesterday. Played against 3 Kate, Ed Kim, and Leela. Took @pacer 's advice on trying out the CVS instead of a third Caprice or second Batty. I actually do like it, and probably would’ve went undefeated if I didn’t forget to rez and purge Leela’s datasucker (4 counters) against my HQ tollbooth. That cost me the game as the runner only had a Zu.13 and only 5 credits. Pilot errors :frowning:

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
1x Fetal AI
3x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
2x The Future Perfect

Asset (12)
1x Daily Business Show •
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
2x Snare!
3x Sundew

Upgrade (4)
2x Caprice Nisei
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite
1x Marcus Batty

Operation (7)
3x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns

Barrier (4)
3x Eli 1.0 •••
1x Himitsu-Bako

Code Gate (5)
2x Crick
1x Lotus Field
2x Tollbooth ••••

Sentry (8)
1x Architect ••
1x Cortex Lock
1x Ichi 1.0 ••
3x Pup
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto
1x Tsurugi

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

1 Like

I’ve definitely been feeling the return of tsurugi. Even though parasite is everywhere I think it’s a great call since it doesn’t die flat out. 2 caprice and 1 cvs is what I’m playing right now. 2 snare as well. I’ve slotted a cerebral static due to the amount of noise and MaxX in my meta. I like your list and ice choices.

I tried out @mediohxcore 's agenda suite and liked it a bunch. Though it was a bit too heavy on psi games at times. I have crappy R&D luck. I wanted to have more snares, but could only reasonably fit 2 like Pacer’s. The snares are for flatlining, and more as HQ deterrent, and R&D defence against Faust. Mediums really wreck face against RP.

My list is a mish mash of Dan’s and everyone else’s plus my own likings from the past few months. I used two run double Fetals, but I’m trying out the current agendas in preparation for Film Critic. I feel that might compromise TFP a bit more.

I would’ve kept double Ichi 1.0 if I had room for double Batty still. As for Tsurugi, I still do love it as a great tax, but definitely am hesitant to Rez it or put in more than one if the meta is Anarch heavy. It dies super quick and could probably be an Enigma if ya wanna keep it cheap.

Maybe this is too much theorycrafting but with D&D fast approaching whats peoples thoughts on the following agenda suite?

1x Chronos Project
1x Global Food Initiative •
2x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
2x The Future Perfect

Not sure about a 1 pointer and global food in the same deck, seems odd to spend influence on an agenda that’s worth less to the runner then put in an extra one for them to steal! 8 agenda spread seems better for global food.

3 Likes

100% agree. 8 agenda GFI is pretty baller.

Yeah, not feeling TFP and NAPD as much in the Film Critic world. Would prefer:

3 Nisei MK II
1 Fetal
3 GFI
1 TFP

Influence hit sucks, but, outside of that 1 TFP, they need 4 agendas to win. You need three.

2 Likes

Well, 8 agendas needs all 3 tfp or a hades shard or similar? The agenda spread i suggested means the runner needs normally 4 agendas to win, unless my math is way off?

3 TFP 1 Food 3 Nisei 1 NAPD Needs 4 of the 5 non TFPs to win, compared to 4/6 for yours.

1 Like

I think Film Critics think The Future Perfect is a bad rip off of Dr Who and don’t care much for silly games. That said, I think that by the time D&D comes around Film Critic will be a 1 of in 20% of decks so this point might be moot.

1 Like

Just curious why you think it will die down that hard. From what I’ve played, Film Critic is amazing, especially against RP

It’s pretty narrow. You have to take something out to fit it in. It’s quite an expensive way to avoid playing a psi game. It will look like a good cut when you want to put other toys in the deck. I might be wrong.

2 Likes

1 INF. Perfect in Shaper. Avoids two ubiquitous problems in NAPD and TFP. Also, helps v. Midseasons tremendously. Finally, can help v. PE and Punitive.

Seems alright. Like Clot, I’m sure only a few, brave souls will run it, and they’ll do well with it. Unlike Clot, it may see more play as it’s more useful, more easily playable, and is only 1 INF.

7 Likes

RP has been my fave for a long time and Film Critic is a major hit. Centrals were so secure when TFP and NAPD could protect themselves…it was what made RP work against the best runners who all put extreme pressure on your centrals. In recent testing it’s very clear that FC is devastating to current RP builds…

4 Likes