[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

Film critic also gets around a lot of the D and D agendas that might be troublesome. I think it’s going to see a lot of play myself.

I’m happy that a reasonable counter to TFP bustedness is available. I like Film Critic, as someone who is like 18-4 with RP in tournaments and leaned heavily on psi games for those numbers.

(My runner game always is my downfall)

2 Likes

I played RP at Canada Nationals along with @Ossa , we finished 2nd(him) and 3rd(me)in swiss(although RP was our losses, @Ossa had a perfect record on day with Kate I believe) Film Critic is really good against the deck, but I don’t think it makes TFP unplayable. TFP can still prevent random early game losses before Critic is online. My record with RP was not that great in the tournament(3-4)but several of my losses were to pilot error on my part and not fault of the deck. I think its still an ok comfort pick if your a really good pilot and have a lot of faith in your runner. RP can still win games that other decks don’t have business winning. It is hard to move away from Nisei MK II. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@bluebird503 and I agonized over an ETF list trying to give our self reasonable odds against both Kate and Noise, but neither of us could actually bring ourselves to play it and bailed the night before the tournament. Kate is hard to beat and I felt like playing a deck that can force psi games with 3x Caprice was my best bet. @bluebird503 and I both played 8 agendas with Hades. I played Philotic as the additional two pointer which I was happy with all day.People normally don’t contest an unadvanced remote and sometimes you can ping something relevant.

I went 8-0 with Kate and 4-4 with RP finishing 3rd overall. All my RP loses were to Kate. I lost a game to @bluebird503 in which he played perfectly, a game to the second place finisher (Siphon Kate), and two to the winner. I felt especially frustrated about the loser bracket finals in which Caprice was trashed from inside an ICED sundew remote three times (all on the first attempt) and lost the Batty/Ichi psi on the remote as well. I actually bid on the first one, but all the others were dice rolls since we were both comfortable on credits. Batty underperformed all day and wouldn’t slot him again at this time. I feel like another difficulty for me was that I didn’t actually score that many MK IIs. Also, Film Critic was certainly annoying, especially when it showed up early, but it can still be won through.

Looking back there are definitely some things I could have done differently, but I’m happy with how I and the deck performed. @bluebird503 summed up it’s current position excellently.

3 Likes

I moved 29 posts to a new topic: Canada nationals

3 Likes

On related news, the Best Deck Ever (with a little bit of support from Noise) just won the german nationals. Hopefully the list will be posted soon.

4 Likes

Didn’t help that we had it inside of an anime convention that had a $65 CAD day entrance.

That aside, I played the same RP as I had against @mediohxcore on his stream. Albeit changing the Fetal to a philotic. That was way easier to score. I think I played 4 Kate, a Val, and an odd Leela. The Kate games I won three, of which one of the game was against Jason. I feel that Film critic is a fairly balanced card, but it really emphasizes the need to protect R&D for RP.

My snares and philotic slowed down the Kate’s a bit, but I didn’t get matched against much anarchs for the CVS to work.

As for the Val game, I mulligan into a single pup with three agendas. Left R&D open and got ravaged by desperado runs on it until medium hit. Then with the Leela game, I went to time because the player was so damn slow.

2 Likes

Here is the list i used to win the Nationals.

Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
1x Fetal AI
3x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
2x The Future Perfect

Asset (9)
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
3x Sundew

Upgrade (4)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (8)
3x Celebrity Gift
1x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns

Barrier (6)
2x Eli 1.0 ••
3x Himitsu-Bako
1x Wall of Thorns

Code Gate (7)
1x Crick
2x Lotus Field
1x Tollbooth ••
3x Yagura

Sentry (6)
3x Architect ••••• •
1x Cortex Lock
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto
1x Tsurugi

9 Likes

whoa

5 Likes

Submit to tournament winning decklists please!

2 Likes

hoping to hear more about these choices – reasoning and how they played out

2 Likes

I would like to run this deck. Where are the net damage ice most effective? Esp yagura? Fast track looks like a great include also. How is the noise match up?

The Himitsu-Bakos are there to provide early end the runs for either an important central or a sundew/mental health clinic. They also have the benefit of being only parasitable mid run. They can also be used to build a scoring remote that taxes lady, which i did twice during the tournament. They aren´t as good against corroder but you have 2 Eli 1.0 to tax it, they still have to find it and it isn´t even seeing that much play anymore.

Yagura is just a piece of ice i always loved and never understood why it did not see more play. It often gets in at least 1 net damage since people don´t expect the damaging code gate and can secure r&d early on. But you can also put it on other servers where it is still taxing and sometimes the 1st sub won´t be broken and you can control your draws with it. If they play a Yog against them i am happy that they paid 5 just to invalidate my rezzed yaguras (most of the time 1-2, i am sad when there are 3 out). They really did shine in the Top-Cut where i drew multiples early and my opponents didn´t have ways to deal with them. All around a piece of ice that never disappointed me.

The Architects were put in especially against noise (and anarchs in general). I wanted ice in front of r&d that isn´t parasitable to discourage those deep medium digs. Also if they facecheck you can get immense value from it. I also love it in front of archives since Noise oftentimes only plays around crick and sometimes in front of an economy remote.
I really liked it since i finally wasn´t being medium raided anymore and was able to sometimes get trashed econ/ice/jacksons back.

4 Likes

Great job.

That quick ETR, combined with Fast Track, can lead to some rush-y situations, as well. @Paranoid was behind Architect in RP all Regional season, and he kicked some major ass with it, BEFORE the rise of Anarch. An even smarter play now.

I assume this was pre-Film Critic?

1 Like

Yes it was up to The Underway

1 Like

The Noise Matchup will always be a tough one where you have to be lucky. I lost to a Noise 1st round but that game started by TFP getting milled and stolen in the first turn. The Deck is designed with this Matchup in mind. Putting in more ice to close out centrals early and to replace parasited ice. You also need to get some Economy going early. And you should start scoring early. To do all these things you have to have a good draw which doesn´t always happen.
It´s overall still the toughest matchup but i think with this list it got more managable.

1 Like

i really like the use of Yaguras (and Architects) acting as a pseudo DBS, too, freeing up that influence and card. i used to play two Yaguras (three still seems wayy risky) but stopped after Yog became really popular – it’s a little less popular now as everyone jumps onto Yogs, but i wouldn’t be surprised if half of Anarchs still include it.

just noticed you’re not playing Pup at all too! :open_mouth::open_mouth:

3 Likes

Ok RP boys, has anyone been playing this deck in the Film Critic meta? Have your films been critiqued? Can’t decide on a corp deck for this ANRPC tourney this weekend. Wondering if the old girl still has teeth.

I was just playing against @basoon yesterday trying to figure out this very thing. Nothing to do with Film Critic, but was it worth playing RP in a Noise meta. I had the unholy privilege of playing Noise in the matches, and you basically need to get really, deafeningly lucky with RP to sneak a game past usually. This was with our updated, list as well with Crisium, Swordsman, and CVS. Swordsman landing and killing Faust and hitting the second Grimoire out of HQ, along with drawing all three jacksons naturally managed to give Ben a win in one game, with about 4 cards left in R&D.

It was really disheartening. I’m going to go take a shower.

Basically don’t play RP without Cerebral Static.

5 Likes

I honesty wouldn’t play it until GFI hits.