[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

This is something I’ve also been considering. Some sort of compromise between Standardish RP glacier and Red Rush?

I think 1 Fast track is a good idea regardless of what else you’re doing.

3 Likes

What is everyone’s great new RP brew that is going to wreck the new post MWL meta?

This is what I’m testing.

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/6bASqEB4rEFvtGqXb/

4 Likes

Different flavor than CJFM’s. Still a work in progress.

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/6pLZeZNcjB8tSLNNo/

2 Likes

And I thought everyone forgot about grail RP. That deck us nearly untouched too, and extremely strong. Nice list, I might pilfer it. :slight_smile:

Lost a hard game against Fisk and won one against Andy Underworld Contacts (nothing special) couple thoughts: Crisium is a must as we’re going to see all shapes of Siphon spam - 2 might be ok; cortex lock looks necessary again to slow early aggression. If Whizzard drops NRE (which might happen) lotus + Batty become good again. Sundew might be too slow alone, and crims seem to be on the faust + dealer plan. Sweeps might be where it’s at again.

One of the big reasons for RP to fall out of favour as the go-to glacier faction was the tough Noise matchup. I feel like Noise actually comes out ahead post-MWL mostly due to other runners getting hit harder and corps getting weaker overall. Faust somehow didn’t make it onto the MWL so his main breaker at present is still fine. Losing 2 Clone Chip is annoying but not a total disaster for him, he was running Deja anyway and running is often his side gig when he gets bored with installing viruses.

So if I am right about Noise’s relative strength, that is bad news for RP’s tournament prospects. Thoughts?

On another topic, Komainu is certainly looking better now if not every runner deck has 3x CC + Parasite. Also happens to be great vs Faust.

Not every runner deck has Parasite,except nemesis Noise.
That being said,Worlds 2015 we see Noah piloting his RP to the Top 4 in a field of DLR and Noise.He slot Cerebral Static though.

The Noise matchup is not as bad as people make it out to be, and I promise I’m not just defending my favorite deck. The last time I lost to Noise was testing on OCTGN against Josh after regionals last year, and I don’t believe I lost to it throughout the competitive season (at least not regionals, nationals, or worlds).

Both the DLR Val and Good Stuff Val matchups are much more difficult, hence the one of bootcamp in my list.

The Noise matchup always seems to follow any discussion surrounding RP as if Noise was RP’s achilles heel.

1 Like

‘A field of dlr and noise’ is an EXTREMELY bad way to describe the field, where the top runner, by a mile, was Kate. There was one noise in the top 16?

5 Likes

Not saying there are only two archetypes dominant,top runner was still Kate then,but Noise and DLR are forces RP can’t ignored.Especially DLR.

And there were 3 Noise in Top 16,1 DLR MaxX and 3 DLR Val,nearly half of 16,and 1 of them is world champion you know.

My sense of it is that Desperado Val was the best of the Good Stuff Vals against RP (at least, she won me a regional and took me to 18th at Nats on that strength), and I don’t think that particular flavor will be a problem in the post-MWL environment. Good Stuff Val is probably still one of the better options against RP, but the Desperado made a huge difference in this matchup (where it often paid off at least 2cr/turn in early- to mid-game).

Here’s my first draft post MWL Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB

I’m thinking that the changes can make runners use up more clicks since less people will be killing my ICE during runs. So my waifu ELP looks to me as a powerful tool, especially since it gives me a nice early edge against Noise when he can’t find his Chronotype quickly after slamming down Wyldside.

The ICE spread looks odd at first glance, but I’ve been carefully trying to minimize the effect of Atman and I do love having tons of different angles of annoyance for the runner.

I don’t play a lot of RP, and when I do I play kill, so take this with a grain of salt. I think yagura is probably better than enigma, with less parasite recursion going around, but still some, the 1cr is fantastic, and while enigma is an ETR, you have 2 lotus that can be enough of a tax over a nisei on the remote, and the credits saved on enigma can go into rezzing remote ice sooner, which means scoring faster. I like enigma though, so I’d actually do 2 yagura, 1 enigma 1 lotus, and just try to score faster/sooner. In my time playing RP glacier, I’ve found it entirely possible to score with even 1 ice and a nisei, especially with an active ELP.

ELP might be one to look at, runners are running more currents than ever, especially if Sol encourages people to play them if nothing else than to remove ETR from news hound.

Also static might just be bako, because it’s blastoff ability is great incase you do run into parasites. Quicksand could also be a good replacement, criminals don’t like it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m curious if some combination of vanilla, quandary, and ichi would be gear check-y enough to force out an early nisei mkII, and push RP back to rush territory (fast track).

Oh and what about interns?

A runner playing a current doesn’t remove the ETR from News Hound.

2 Likes

Interns has always been the 50th card for me. I love it when I have one, but I just can’t get myself to open up a slot.

Yagura is a great card that I just forgot existed with all the parasites going around. Definitely gonna shuffle around my code gates.

I don’t like making the wall of static a bako just because I like that one extra credit tax. Most people don’t parasite my bakos anyway unless its dying instantly before I get priority.

OH right, I learned that last night

I feel like this rush talk is better suited for Biotech. It’s still a super strong deck and had influence to lose if you still want NAPD or Eli.

The exciting things I’ve seen in this thread was talk of News Hound and ELP.

I Like the look of this list post MWL, but I’ve always been frustrated by the anti-synergy between batty and grail (i.e.; batty can’t force a rig wipe on galahad/merlin since by the time you add the lancelot subs they have a window to break) but in this new enviroment I have a sense that grail may just be too punishing for it to matter… Very interested to see where these “new” lists go. Despite claims otherwise, I think RP was only ever been one or two bumps from being a top dog again, and MWL might just be that bump.