[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

I’ve shelved it because right now the field seems to be shaping up to be primarily Noise. Regular RP isn’t that great against him, and Grail has even more problems against him – it’s very weak against parasite and imp.

It’s not a competitive deck, but I brought back the old Untrashable RP for fun yesterday, and it helped win a GNK. Most of us agreed to play with post-MWL decks, and I knew there wouldn’t be that much instant parasite (or stealth Andy) for this particular event. Was prepared for Noise (half of field was Noise), but somehow missed him all day. Thankfully didn’t see Apoc Maxx.

Jinteki Replicating Perfection

13 influence spent (max 15-2=13) •••••••••••••
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Agenda (8)
2x Fetal AI
1x Global Food Initiative •
1x NAPD Contract ☆
1x Philotic Entanglement
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (16)
3x Encryption Protocol •••
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
3x PAD Campaign
3x Sundew
1x Ronin

Upgrade (7)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••
2x Caprice Nisei
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite
2x Hokusai Grid

Operation (4)
2x Cerebral Static
2x Interns

Code Gate (6)
3x Crick
1x Tollbooth ••
2x Yagura

Sentry (8)
1x Architect ☆ ••
1x Assassin
1x Cortex Lock
2x Komainu
2x Pup
1x Tsurugi

Changes I’d make: -1 Architect, -1 Encryption Protocol, -1 Ronin, +1 Tollbooth, +1 Ash, and +1 Pup. I knew Fetals and Philotic should’ve been Niseis, but I’m playing a suboptimal deck for fun anyway so… If your group is used to playing against your standard RP, it’s pretty fun to mix it up for a weekend with Komainu facechecks.

3 Likes

I dispute that statement! :wink:

8 Likes

I’ve been playing Netrunner since I watched the worlds stream, so I’m not a super amazing expert player or anything, but I’ve played ~300 games with RP since I started playing, and I’ve put a lot of work into it.

I started with 46 tech cards in 3 hedge fund, but quickly started making changes once I realized that the deck had lots of very meta specific stuff going on. After MWL, I ended up with this pile of cards which has been testing really well. The Whiz matchup is rough (but winnable) but otherwise I’ve been happy with the deck overall.

Agenda (8)
1 Global Food Initiative ●​
3 Nisei MK II
1 Philotic Entanglement
3 The Future Perfect

Asset (12)
3 Jackson Howard ●​●​●​
3 Mental Health Clinic
3 PAD Campaign
3 Sundew

ICE (17)
1 Ashigaru
1 Assassin
2 Crick
1 Datapike
3 Eli 1.0 ●​●​●​○​○​○​
1 Enigma
1 Himitsu-Bako
2 Lotus Field
2 Pup
1 Susanoo-No-Mikoto
1 Swordsman
1 Viper ●​

Operation (6)
3 Celebrity Gift
3 Hedge Fund

Upgrade (6)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY ●​●​●​●​
3 Caprice Nisei
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite

5 Likes

This looks solid. Have you played against Nexus Kate? How is the matchup?

I’d guess you don’t need 2 Ash. Did you try Batty in at least one of those slots? Then you get more inf back and can maybe play a Tollbooth or two.

The thing I like about this deck is that it can do a pretty good rush impersonation with a decent percentage of hands. If your Kate opponent wants to durdle around, you can often and easily just score a Nisei II or TFP early in the game. Philotic Entaglement is actually great in a deck with a huge asset econ, since you can just install it naked and most players just assume its another PAD/Sundew/MHC. Obviously Caprice and Ash being some of the best cards in these situations too.

Another thing to consider is, this RP deck is very rich, and between Ash, Caprice, and many large pieces of powerful Ice, I’ve found that Kate players assuming they will easily headlock the late game tend to end up losing. Ultimately, if the Kate player sets up very fast with Nexus and Opus and just starts running a lot in the midgame, I think the match is tough. If you’re able to get an early Nisei or 3 points, I like RP’s chances.

Contemplating if mumba temple can work in rp glacier. Question to those more experienced with archetype - does it just fold with only 15 ice? Most lists run 17… foodcoats could get away with 16 at a push too.

I don’t think RP glacier wants it given that 15 ice is lower than ideal and you already have MHC to fill that role.

Yea I took a RP deck to fit in Mumbad, but the one game was against an Opus Kit, so those remotes got really useless fast. Without a lot of rez targets it’s probably not worth it.

Trying out Heritage Committee now post Kala Ghoda and am toying with this little number:

Mutate RP

Agenda (9)
2x Clone Retirement
1x Global Food Initiative •
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (9)
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
3x Sundew

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (11)
3x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund
3x Heritage Committee
2x Mutate

Barrier (5)
2x Ashigaru
2x Eli 1.0 ☆☆ ••
1x Wraparound •

Code Gate (6)
2x Crick
1x Lotus Field
3x Quandary

Sentry (6)
3x Archer ••••• •
1x Cortex Lock
1x Pup
1x Swordsman

Playing alright for now, optimal ice mix is obviously up for debate (as in most RP decks). Really like Ashigaru right now.

3 Likes

Assuming 17 ice and 8 free inf in rp glacier what is the current thinking on optimal ice?

3 eli
2 enigma, 2 crick, 2 lotus field, 1 tollbooth
3 pup, 2 assassin, 1 komainu, 1 swordsman

Is where im starting from

This is what I’m currently running, and it has been awesome in both our meta and online play. Having lots of prickly non-bounce ICE is fantastic.

Barrier (3)
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Quicksand
1x Wall of Thorns

Code Gate (6)
2x Crick
2x Enigma
1x Lotus Field
1x Yagura

Sentry (7)
1x Assassin
1x Ichi 1.0 ••
1x Komainu
3x Pup
1x Swordsman

Other (1)
1x Excalibur

Vikram seems like it would be a good fit. Punishing to face check (clicks or brain damage), psuedo ETR (or a cick), taxes 3 david counters in 1 go. Loses value in the late game however.

Don’t think so, 15 ICE is too low for decks that want to protect remotes and centrals. Mumba Temple seems more geared for decks that spam remotes, with little or no protection.

From Kala Ghoda, I think Museum of History has the most potential for RP.

I’ve been trying out a Museum RP deck and I can confirm that it’s good. Going up to 54 isn’t a big problem for a grindy deck. It helps to get some heritage committee in there to help consistency. For Noise it’s a must trash, for everyone else you can recycle operations to keep R&D awkward or get your trashed Sundews back. It’s another layer of oppressive nonsense.

I cannot persuade myself to play a list with Datapike in it… I actually try to convince the whole Greek community that Datapike sucks and then they start having ideas again after the MWL…

I am going to give the list a try thoush (sans Datapike) nice you have a really nice nickname.

SAY NO TO DATAPIKE!

1 Like

Depending on your econ structure and what your goal is (enigma and datapike are both rush ice), either choice can be correct. Datapike is probably nearly always correct in Spark over enigma, if you structure your econ correctly.

I really dig this.

1 Like

just say no to datapike. Please?

I’ve been liking Datapike more and more recently, just definatly not in Jinteki.