[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

So has anyone won a corp side Psi game since MWL? I haven’t. that’s a huge nerf

17 Likes

I won a TFP psi game 4 times in a row against two of the TWA guys the other day. I hope that game was recorded.

1 Like

You have to re-hone your rock, paper, scissors game. Just use RPS to settle any and all disputes/ arguments that come your way for the next 2 weeks. Who gets shotgun? RPS. Who’s gonna wash the dishes? RPS. Who gets custody of the kids? RPS. You’ll be back on top in no time.

6 Likes

It’s true. Once you settle every aspect of your divorce proceedings via RPS, you’ll never need to worry about a psi game again.

5 Likes

I actually think there’s a psi meta that I just lost touch with while I was traveling. Caprice sucks when she says Rez - 2. Vamp your opponent for 0, 1, or 2 credits. Nothing else.

I played against a horizontal RP the other day with Mumba Temples and Hostile Infrastructures. It seemed like it would have been really oppressive if I didn’t have 2 scrubbers and Jak allowing me 4 runs on remotes with 4 recurring trash credits all game.

well, when you know your opponent is on psi games, there is always a way to put them at a disadvantage.

I literally have a custom psi-die that I roll. It had been retired after today

if it’s a legitimate psigame there are ways for the runner to shut that down

6 Likes

Just let Dan kiss the die at midnight and a full moon! Works like a charm

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about Jeeves Model Bioroids and how to effectively use it, and RP came to mind. They already like importing HB cards, so it seems like a good fit.

In classic RP Glacier matchups, the agendas are always telegraphed a turn before they’re scored, so the runner can safely assume that any unadvanced facedown card is not an agenda.

With Jeeves, the runner has to treat every facedown card as a potential Nisei, and any single advanced agenda as a 3-pointer. Of course, the corp can’t rely on this because if the runner trashes Jeeves, well, your agenda is now going to be vulnerable for an extra turn. Still, the runner has to respect the power of Jeeves, and it becomes a must-trash asset. With ELP out, I feel pretty okay letting the runner spend three clicks and 5 credits (not to mention dealing with whatever ice you put in front of it) to get rid of this thing.

I haven’t tested this and, frankly, I’m not really a Jinteki player. Ice suite could probably use some work, and maybe the Fetal should be Philotic. Still thought it was an idea worth mentioning. Apologies if this has been brought up before. And yes, I know the name is shit. If the deck gets any traction, I’ll come up with something more clever.

Ask Jeeves

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (8)

Asset (11)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (8)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (7)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

We don’t even know yet if Jeeves works with doing the same thing 3 separate times, say, advancing a Nisei 3 times. As we know so far, it only works with Melange style effects. I’m not saying it won’t work with the never advance a Nisei thing, but we don’t know yet.

Took down a 19-person store champ in Colorado with @anon50033301’s ChiLo list.

Beat Apoc MaxX in the finals. Held 4 or 5 agendas in my Tollbooth / Crick / Crisium’d hand for pretty much the whole game. C-Static was actually clutch - turned off Hacktivist for the half a corp turn it took to rez 6 econ assets (she dropped another from hand immediately after) and grind her out.

Lost earlier in elims by allowing an Apoc and then getting Keyholed and Siphoned.

Most of the other runner decks I beat were just … not equipped to mount a serious challenge to RP (Geist, Leela, Ed Kim – thank God this one wasn’t Whizzard, Jesminder Sareen).

Musashi’d the shit out of Faust with the 1-of alt art Swordsman on 2 different occasions. Felt good man. Assassin did work all day. 2x Lotus Field either did work, or saddened me greatly with the knowledge that they would do work, if only I could draw them, all day (fun fact - MWL Apoc MaxX basically has no out against Lotus Field + Crisium + Pup on HQ). The 3x Crick were blank a lot of the time, to the point that I just started pitching ice into Archives to get value out of them. I think this would not have been the case against runners who were more aggressive about denying econ assets. Eli was a liability against Apoc MaxX, but solid everywhere else.

Also took a timed loss to Apex. Look out RP players, new meta!

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the ChiLo list you’re talking about here? I’m looking to defect from the dirty, greasy clutches of yellow and try out this glacierness.

Here it is:

1 Like

@anon50033301’s list is great. I’m undefeated against Noise with it which is pretty insane. Definitely going to keep practicing it.

1 Like

I used it a few times this weekend ahead of Store Champs. I did miss ASH, as a remote camping Valencia with Blackmail was problematic, but eventually you draw into Caprice I guess. Money wasn’t an issue though, and the deck was generally very solid.

We actually asked this at worlds this past year and were told it worked for both - melange-stye effects (Toybox, purging virus tokens, etc), and taking the same click action 3 times. Granted this could change, but if it’s correct it’s looking like Jeeves will be extremely strong.

11 Likes

I don’t get everyone’s love for Pup. I get that its a cheap 2 credit tax on the runner, but I just dislike the fact that it doesn’t force a breaker at all. I much rather slot in 1-2 Yagura and a bigger sentry (Tsurugi or Komainu) than devote 3 card slots to Pup.

Maybe I’m still salty from getting Indexed through a Pup turn 1 months ago.

Like you alluded to, the biggest argument for it has always been it’s rez:break ratio. Always forcing the runner to pay twice what it costs you to rez is amazing. However, this was also when Yog was a little more rampant (and so Yagura was worse). There’s probably more of a case to be made for Yagura nowadays, or maybe a mix of Pups and Yaguras.