[Jinteki RP] Red Rush!

I’ve been wanting to post about this deck for while to try to get help from the community to put it over the top. I got a little love for this deck on the SSCI thread after the tourney so this seemed as good a time as ever to throw this out there:

Jinteki RP Rush!

Identity
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) • • •
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)

ICE (19)
2x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing) • •
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) • • •
1x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Quandary (Double Time)
1x Lotus Field (Upstalk)
3x Pup (Honor and Profit)
3x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
2x Excalibur (The Source)

Operation (12)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
1x Enhanced Login Protocol (The Spaces Between) ••
2x Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing) •• ••
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
1x Successful Demonstration (Creation and Control) •

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Total Cards: 49
Total Influence: 15
http://www.acoo.net/deck/9671/stimhack-store-invitational-event-9th-cspieker-rp-rush/

The main idea is get Nisei MK II’s scored possibly using Fast Track and score more of them. Score the first Nisei MK II using stacked cheap ETR’s and/or Caprice.

I’ve been working on this deck for a while now. For most of it’s life it was Jinteki RP Ruhr Rush! With a Ruhr Valley in the remote and a Nisei token you are just about guaranteed another score. Fast track out a Nisei and keep the chain going. Turned out suboptimal though as Ruhr Valley is just such a beast to rez. If you have that much money the game is probably already well in hand. So, after much agonizing I pulled the Ruhrs and whattaya know? I did quite well with it.

Key Cards
Caprice, Nisei MK II, The Future Perfect, Jackson Howard: duh

Excalibur: this card made the Ruhr Valley much more expendable. Unless the runner has an answer for it, put it on your remote and this is as good as Ruhr Valley (though it can’t pose as a Caprice, or rez to deny Siphon credits), and cheaper. And not a lot of runners have answers for it. Note that Eater will not do the job.

Fast Track: gets that Nisei MK II out there when the time is right. Great synergy with 4-advance agendas.

Useful Cards
Chimera: gives you that early scoring window. With the RP click tax, ELP, and Excalibur, stopping the runner once with it will often be enough, as there won’t be time to install something and run again. Weakness to SMC or insta-parasite. Usually quite the dead card by midgame. Can also be used to protect vs siphon sometimes. It’s the only sentry in here so can also be used to kill Faeries if you have a lot of money.

Blue Level Clearance: this and Fast Track get the most expressions of wonderment from opposing players. Good card for rushing out stuff and getting money in the process. You gotta score that first Nisei MK II before your Chimera becomes useless, so Blue Level seems good here.

Other choices
Eli’s, ELP, and Successful Demo made it in here with the influence freed up by the Ruhr’s. Eli’s and ELP are obviously great cards. Eli’s subbed in for Tsurugis that got really weak with Switchblade and the resurgence of Anarchs and their Parasites. Also adding the Eli’s gives a super heavy barrier mix that seems to help a lot versus Kate, the new hotness. The well-documented synergies with Eli and ELP in RP, make them a worthy include. Successful Demo hopes to hit when runner bounces off a central ETR. It also works well with Nisei token or Caprice stop, though in that case you’ll often be spending all clicks to score out the agenda.

Wraparound: Eater hate, plus another cheap ETR to stack with Chimera in the remote.

Celebrity Gift: Obvious great econ card. Downside to showing your Chimeras and Excaliburs, which are easier to subvert if you anticipate them. I think it’s still better than Medical Research Fundraiser.

Mental Health Clinic: Though burst seems good for rush, the MHC can help you rush as rush is all relative to the runner. If the runner spends two clicks and three credits to kill this thing, you’ve gained on her. A worry with the rush, is sustaining it. With an MHC going, it is so much easier to score again (and have money for Caprice and The Future Perfect PSI games).

Lot’s of cheap ETRs: Quandary, Himitsu, Chimera, Wraparound, Enigma: So you can set up a rush server in a hurry. Also good to stack barriers vs decks relying on Lady. Enigma is worth at least a one-of as it can combine with RP tax to score you an agenda after a runner facecheck, also doesn’t die to insta-parasite like Quandary.

Lotus Field: expensive for what this deck is trying to do, but can be nice to tax an anarch on R&D while you are concentrating on scoring out before she beats you with the dig.

Flex slots
Philotic: good for never advance, easy to score. Fetal was OK when I had Tsurugi in here. I experimented with -1 Philotic -1 NAPD, +1 TFP, +1 Genetic Restructuring (also with NAPD’s replaced by Braintrusts) and it seemed OK.

Wraparounds, Successful Demonstration: inf that could be put to another use. Another ELP maybe?

So there you go. Comments and ideas for improvement are encouraged!

15 Likes

I’ll probably remove one of your 3 Eli (almost irrelevant against Lady for its rez cost) for a DBS. DBS help you to get what you need faster and it also taxes 4 creds and a wasted click on one of your centrals early on to trash. Either thar or remove the 3rd eli and the successful demo for a second ELP. The last card could either be a lone sundew or a Medical Fundraiser : Since you’re rushing and relying on Caprice to score your first Nisei and with all your ice being pretty garbage when the runner is set-up, giving 3 creds shouldn’t be that much of a deal for you.

Edit: I also think Yagura is probably better than pup with this kind of gameplan. Sure, it can be broken for free with yog but then it also make your lotus better against anarch.

I’ve repeatedly sketched out RP rush decks and have never been happy with the result. I like your build; I have plans to try it out and see how it feels. 0 Sundew seems crazy though.

Sundew is too slow in a rush deck ;).
Tried that last year when I tried to make PE rush works and I was never happy with the Sundews.

Napd seems slightly worse than medical breakthrough in this style deck, as you aren’t really taxing credits as much as the runner’s ability to dig and find breakers in time. And fundraiser is probably better than gift here, since you can play it and prep to score a 4/2 that turn.

Any particular reason there’s no cortex lock in here? It seems much better than pup at least.

7 Likes

Ahah. I just copied his list on NRDB and switching the NAPD for Medical Breakthrough and Fundraiser for Gift was the first thing I did.
I think something like 2 pup / 2 cortex lock would be a good call.

I’m not certain if 2 BLC / 2 ELP is better than 3 BLC / 1 ELP. Guess it’s time to playtest this list.

RP Rush

Agenda (9)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (12)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

Other (5)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

And here’s my first shot. Going to work soon so no testing today, but it seems fun at least.

Nisei jammin

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
3x Medical Breakthrough
3x Nisei MK II
1x Philotic Entanglement
2x The Future Perfect

Asset (8)
2x Daily Business Show ••
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (13)
1x Enhanced Login Protocol ••
2x Fast Track
3x Green Level Clearance •••
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns
3x Medical Research Fundraiser

Barrier (6)
3x Eli 1.0 •••
1x Himitsu-Bako
2x Wraparound ••

Code Gate (3)
1x Enigma
1x Lotus Field
1x Quandary

Sentry (2)
2x Cortex Lock

Other (5)
3x Chimera
2x Excalibur

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

GLC so you can use it in conjunction with DBS to get 3 cards down in R&D and still make an install advance play. Interns still seems too good not to play with caprice, and you can overdraw and interns advance a nisei to get around legwork if you’re slick enough.

I think you won’t get enough ICE for a rush gameplan. You want to draw at least 4ICEs and at least 2 ETR between turn 1 and 3 at minimum to make rush deck works in my experience. Either that or giving up on protecting one main central for 2 or 3 turns.

That could happen, but I’ve got faith in the GLC. They carried me through Worlds 2013 with a 14 ice deck. DBS should help too, although probably spamming more Parasite fodder could be totally right.

Thanks for the replies!

I like the Cortex Lock and/or Yaguras replacing Pups. One thing that helps a lot of games is that the runner doesn’t want to facecheck your centrals, being Jinteki and all. If this post makes this deck more well known, then the knowledge that Cortex Lock is lurking will help.

I have tried a totally binary style, with MRF, and I think it just can’t win quickly enough to beat R&D lock. Credits helps the runner set up, and credits helps the runner dig R&D thru Quandary’s. Same thoughts on NAPD vs Medical Breakthrough. Most games you have your Nisei counter and can score out, but you have to survive the final thrashings of the runner. NAPD’s and a reasonably taxing R&D can really help there.

Sundews would be good to make the runner waste time, but it is actually better for you if they don’t kill your assets. Sundew is a must kill. MHC can sometimes survive.

One thought that occurred to me writing this response is that Eli does not tax Lady much at all, and it’s primary purpose is taxing (though with ELP on a remote it’s pretty good ETR too). I wonder if Hudson 1.0 would be a reasonable include? It’d tax a little better on R&D when multi-access is coming your way. I guess you could also have some fun with it with never advance if the first Medical Breakthrough had been scored.

edit: I’ve really wanted to fit a DBS or two in here, but can’t seem to find a way to do it. I agree with Calimsha about the ICE count. I think 19 is the sweet spot, but that could change with DBS or an extra Blue Level.

1 Like

I think that Eli is actually significantly overplayed (out of faction) at the moment. Lady and the prominence of Shaper means that a lot of decks would be better off switching to Bastion and using the influence elsewhere, but people haven’t adjusted yet.

2 Likes

It’s either that or people need to play more barriers. Lady can be taxed out and made a weak spot, but it requires more than Just Eli+Wraparound. Maybe Bastion/WoS is better here, it’s a good thought.

Bastion is a bit too high costed to fit in a pure rush deck. The maximum you want to pay for an ETR ice is 3 with the exception on the Lotus Field because it hose Anarch so much. Wondering how good Architect would be here instead of 2 eli.

I had the same thought. I was thinking 2 Architect, 2 cortex would be a great sentry setup.

1 Like

Architect is a thought. More anti-parasite tech. But only one? Could free up some influence with Blue Level to Green Level switch I guess.

Another thought for Eli replacement is Galahad. Potential to tax 2 Lady tokens, and if you have your second Excalibur in hand it’s a must break if runner is planning to bounce and hit a remote. Would want 3 Galahad’s minimum though.

Galahad make your amount of ICEs weak to parasite a bit too high in my opinion. But architect is certainly something good in this kind of gameplan.

Here we go with a list playing Architect and GLC :

RP Rush

Agenda (9)

Asset (7)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (12)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

Other (5)

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

If you’re going to include MRF and remove NAPD’s it might be reasonable to replace MHC’s with a mix of Gifts and Restructures.

edit: or maybe Gift, Restructure, Snare!

At this point, there’s probably no reason to play RP over Nisei Division, Tennin or PE except maybe for ELP ;).

[edit]
Just tried a first game against a random guy on OCTGN playing Reg Maxx. I won by riding the fast tracked nisei train before her deck got empty. Got my DBS in hand for like 3-4 turns and found out that it was too slow for what I wanted to do in this game and in the end it didnt got played at all. Maybe we should go for 0 DBS with 2 BLC + 2 other econ cards instead of 1 DBS + 3 GLC.

2 Likes

If we’re talking Jinteki rush decks in general, one deck I am interested in is @tmoiynmwg’s Nisei Division rush deck. I tried it recently and was surprised by how effective it was.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a nice spin on the Gozik Power Shutdown / Archer rush deck. Stronger than what people gives credit to it, for sure.