[Jinteki RP] Red Rush!

I’ve thrown together a list without. I think it’s probably wrong. I’ve spent influence on 3 Green, 2 Blue, 3 Eli, 2 Wrap, 2 Pop-Up and 2 Viper. I’ve also cut to 45 cards.

I think my list is wrong because the ICE doesn’t gear check hard enough, but for what it’s worth:

Should this deck have Fast Track over Restructure? I feel like Fast Track would do a lot more work here.

Needs more Str. 4 ice.

1 Like

Little early in the day for 'shrooms, eh , Niles?

Possibly, or possibly in addition. I don’t think I’ve ever had too many creds in a game of netrunner. The clearances might be sufficient to see agendas on time.

I’m going to assume this is sarcasm… OK, there’s an Atman vulnerability. But Atman at 4 can’t break Excalibur. So it’s not all bad. I probably shouldn’t have posted this deck, it’s a very rough first draft.

Kinda convinced that cortex lock is perfect early game ice this reason. Facechecks with mimc are a thing, but you need 3 to have a hope of seeing it. Probably not correct but just good because it turns 0 as soon as kate or maxx have the rig out, which can be damn early.

So what are good/bad matchups for this?

Shaper is the worst I think: SMC, Atman, insta-parasite are all tough on it.

Criminals probably the best because because Chimera and Excalibur are pretty strong. The Supplier Andy with Overmind in the build can be tough if you don’t figure it out and hurry the f up.

Anarchs can vary: Regass max with instaparasite is tough. Anything that uses Wyldside is great.

Traffic Jam is currently under-rated, but only because clot can be tutored so hard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I am certainly not qualified to even comment here but I have been toying with this idea and following this discussion. I also find the worst matchup to be Kate as well. And this is precisely the only deck I am trying to beat. I’ve tried HB: ETF with FA, HB:ETF with hybrid FA/Glac. NEH of all sorts. NBN:TWIY, different versions of RP and even NBN: Yellow jacket variant’s trying to come up with a way to beat PPvP Kate. This is truely the runner to beat, and I feel if it can be broken, then all the rest will be easy.

The deck below is my attempt at this Rush: RP. I truly think “Lady” and Atman @ 4 is the toughest part about the matchup. That and the recursion of parasite and the ability to find any breaker at “instant” speed.

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (10)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x Clone Retirement (Second Thoughts)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (8)
3x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Tech Startup (The Valley)

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (10)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
2x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora) ••••
1x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)
1x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (5)
3x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
2x Hive (Double Time) ••••

Code Gate (4)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (5)
2x Archer (Core Set) ••••
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)
2x Cortex Lock (The Valley)

ICE (4)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
2x Excalibur (The Source)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Card Discussion

Power Shutdown: This has many uses against all sorts of M/U’s but can also punish a “run-less” first turn. Take out SMC/Clone Chip.

Hive: We need an Ice we can hide behind for that 1st NKII. This does very well, and can also be placed early on HQ. Of course it looses value as the game goes on, but in my experience I am most worried about the first NKII score.

Melange Mining Corp +Tech Startup:These over MHC. First, the one credit hardly ever satisfies. This asset suite can guarantee some money. This deck doesn’t have the time to wait out an MHC, or even Sundew. Also, I have used my influence elsewhere, so I need a neutral source of funds.

Clone Retirement + Archer: This is your other shot against PPVP Kate. Your hope is that they’ll either Atman at 6, waste a Femme, or blow the crap out of their rig. Over HQ or R&D, this is your stop. Of course this is stopped be Sharpshooter. But what Ichi isnt? The great thing about the choice of influence here is that we do have a shot at taking down a Clone Chip/SMC with Power shutdown.

Cortex Lock: I agree with lots that has been discussed with Cortex Lock. Fantastic early ICE on R&D. Forces DeusX or Atman @ 4, which is exactly where you want Atman by the way.

Even with this, the MU vs PPVP Kate is still tough. Let me know what you think tho.

1 Like

Hive is interesting. Power shutdown does not punish turns where the runner doesn’t run though, since it requires a run.

My build from above has been crushing Leela all night at the store, despite full rigs from very early on.

So the surprise factor helped at SSCI? The meta seemed like lots of shapers and anarchs.

I won a lot of PSI games.

7 Likes

Teach me senpai

3 Likes

How’s your Biotech deck been working out Kiv?

I’m starting to become more convinced Biotech rush is a pretty good option. I honestly haven’t tried the RP rush (sorry for the slight thread derail, cspieker!), since I’ve been focused on refining a Biotech build the last couple of weeks, so perhaps that approach is superior and I just don’t know any better. However, I have enjoyed the flexibility that Biotech offers. I generally don’t like to use the ID ability early, but it’s saved my butt in games I had no right winning thanks to helping me sneak out the 1st Nisei with biotic. In other situations, I’ve used it to score out the last agenda without needing to worry about going broke on psi games/rezzing ice (which is particularly good if that last agenda is TFP). Obviously, the Excalibur/Nisei combo is amazing…but I’ve been able to squeeze out a lot of wins without it (and even without ever scoring a single Nisei, in that unfortunate scenario). Perhaps this is partly because of the differing agenda suite. In testing I’ve preferred Med Breakthrough over NAPD for Biotech. I really like your inclusion of Crisium, so I might try squeezing that in.

Someone on OCTGN asked me to post my decklist, so here is the most recent version:

Biotech Rush

Jinteki Biotech: Life imagined (The Valley)

Agenda (9)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
1x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (16)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) ••
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••
2x Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing) ••••
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (5)
1x Ashigaru (Up and Over)
2x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) ••
2x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (6)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Inazuma (Honor and Profit)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]
1x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (3)
2x Cortex Lock (The Valley)
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)

Other (4)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
2x Excalibur (The Source)
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

It’s pretty solid but Shaper is still the hardest matchup and I’m not sure what can be done about that other than being good at psi (which I’m not).

The Biotic makes a ton of sense and maybe even more so with Medical Breakthrough. Biotic + Nisei play from hand is great when you have some money but no Caprice yet to secure the remote and it stacks with your ID ability to really widen the range of plays the Runner has to consider.

For example if RP is at 4 AP, $5 and just puts an unadvanced card in a remote, it’s safe to not run it. With this deck you can do Biotic, advance, flip to score Future Perfect and win.

The Crisium is superb (and gives more value to Interns). The worst thing that can happen when you play rush ICE is you going to make a remote play and then they Siphon you and run the remote. The Crisium is a cheap way to put a damper in this plan and has a use in every matchup.

2 Likes

Played this version against @aandries last night a number of times. Won most games. Seems legit, but most RP are. Think it can catch people off-guard, for sure, but still has the ability to straight win via Caprice. Nice feeling having a Caprice on a central, one lurking in the remote, and a Nisei token or two.

1 Like

Yeah, Biotic opens up a lot of possibilities in Biotech. It’s part of the reason why I think Med Breakthrough is a natural fit in the Biotech agenda suite. Not only are all the typical biotic plays open (unadvanced TFP score, Nisei from hand), but you’re also able to score the 2nd Med Breakthrough out of hand to enable fast advance of the 3rd copy without Biotic. Medical Breakthrough has been the difference in several games I’ve won, particularly when it’s difficult to find a Fast Track/Nisei, or difficult to find a scoring window in the remote.

I tried playing the list card for card, but had practically no success with it. Although I’m probably willing to point the blame towards my misconceptions of the deck; for whatever reason I can’t seem to just make a 2 ICE remote, slam Caprice down on it and start praying to the Psi Gods for their favor. I know there’s more to it than that, but that’s just the impression I got playing it.

Anonymous Tip is great for what it does, and the only card that made me sad every time I saw it was Susanoo; everyone I play against plays Femme and it just becomes a 9 credit waste of time.

I’m also just bad at Psi Games in general it seems; can’t play the deck otherwise.

Are you pushing fast enough? The goal is to be able to score behind a 1 ICE remote early, and use Chimera/Caprice/Nisei token to push out. Susuanoo is a closer that most dex can’t handle when face planting, and should only be rezzed to help you score/win. If they face plant it, and you aren’t making them hit Excaliber on Archives, you’re doing it wrong.