[Jinteki RP] Red Rush!

If the focus is hard ETR, why not Successful Demo?

Successful demo kinda sucks when you want to be etr-ing the turn after they fail to grab your Nisei and you need to advance three times. GLC is super good in here.

I feel like Chronos Project is not a good call in the rush version, you don’t want to score it as it doesn’t help to get 7 points, and you probably expect to win before it becomes interesting -> I would keep 3xNapd. About your HQ that you don’t want protect heavily, I think that DBS would help you a lot, it’s perhaps slow for the draw but it’s great to keep control of your HQ.

I’ve tried with 2x popup, 2x wraparound, 2x Eli, it wasn’t bad at all. Popup works well with Chimeria and Caprice.

1 Like

How about Genetic Resequencing for the final 1 point? Helps you win without a 5/3, after the First Nisei it is a 3/1 Nisei working with the overall gameplan and it can be never advanced, posing as an upgrade. If the runner does not even try to run it you’ll have two Nisei counters and by then you basically already won.

For all the love I have for DBS the card is definitely too slow for what I want to do with this deck, same as sundew. At best it will be a 4 creds and 2 clicks tax for the runner if they don’t play desperado and/or sec testing. At worst it’s a 2 clicks tax for 2 creds and a single cars put at the bottom of the deck. I don’t have time to protect DBS and the only agenda I really want to protect are the nisei anyway since both NAPD and TFP protect themselves.

I agree with you that Chronos project doesn’t really help. I’ll probably gonna remove it either for the third second NAPD or play 3 Napd, 2 tfp and 1 philotic.

Having some 3/2s in this deck is fantastic. I might play a single braintrust alongside philotic if you don’t want to go with the Medical breakthrough. And testing has shown DBS to be too slow generally. I might even pack up to 3 Green Level and 2 Blue Level in my next version.

Told you so about DBS :slight_smile:

I’d just like to float the idea of using wormhole in the tollbooth slot. Tollbooth is undoubtedly the stronger ICE but hear me out - wormhole is only 2-3 clicks before its costs balances with that of Tollbooth (install-advance or better yet install-advance-advance) and if you can get it to 3 advancement tokens you effectively make it shutdown/crecentus resistant.

Further more it can replicate the trashes off of ichi or the sub from excalibur. For fast track RP it’s been doing lots and lots of work in testing. Tollbooth may be better but i think its worth trying out.

@cspieker no need to open our minds to the idea, everyone on this thread so far thinks your dead on target with this archetype. I completely understand where your coming from about tooling RP to be rush instead of the standard practice of glacier, i agree with all your points, just to clarify my suggestions for using ICE that forces an interaction holds true for both rush and old school deep remote RP. Ichi and engima are the examples ill use again, both have a first sub that isnt an ETR. I think you can completely more the archetype away from simple taxation into the territory your aiming for, keeping them out for the turns it takes to IAA into AA-score, i think the key point is the one you correctly identified - there needs to be a slight taxation, just not on the remote.

In all the games iv played with the midrange variant, the hard stops go on the remote and many times will be two deep at most, with excalibur being the outermost ICE, ideally in front of lotus field but bako or quandary also works. This tactic works i think for both glacier and rush styles of play.

You’ll need something else in front of excalibur for crim matchups but apart from that you can effect a quick surge of agendas very quickly without having to sit there and durdle construct the perfect scoring remote. What i’m trying to say is that i agree the card choices need to come down from the glacier level of thinking to something more immediate, but that doesnt change the core tactic of RP - make centrals cost, make your remote stop. With Ex/Caprice and a nisei token this becomes fairly trivial, if not guaranteed (femme, atman @3, knight all still exist).

Edit: Just a thought - would 1-2x mushin no shin be a suitable card in this deck? If you’ve got a chimera in hand or similar to protect the new remote.

One last edit: Also, melange mining corp? Install it naked or in a 1 deep remote, early game this can be 7-14 credits and more importantly, force the runner to make a run on a central and waste clicks+credits to take it out before you can create an impossible economic lead.

I think if you decide to play no DBS then it’s better to go even less with assets and change Mental Health Clinic for more operation economy.
Testing this archetype with 2x Unorthodox Predictions and 1x Archer, 2x BLC and GLC.

If you run 3/2’s, which I think you should in here, MHC gives you some extra ability to bluff out a 3/2 as an asset. Also, I crammed Sweeps week into my newest version, and those two are BFFs.

Nisei jammin

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
1x Braintrust
2x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
1x Philotic Entanglement
2x The Future Perfect

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei

Operation (13)
2x Anonymous Tip ••
3x Celebrity Gift
2x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns
2x Sweeps Week ••••

Barrier (5)
3x Himitsu-Bako
2x Wraparound ••

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma
1x Lotus Field
2x Quandary

Sentry (3)
2x Ichi 1.0 ••••
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto

Other (5)
3x Chimera
2x Excalibur

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I’ll probably cut the 3rd chimera for a cortex lock, but who knows.

3 Likes

edit: post totally reworked!!

… this is probably the way we should end all build descriptions in this thread. Unless it turns out Cortex Lock is actually really good, the thought that we could be holding Cortex Lock may be more beneficial than actually playing it. Ending all of our posts with @hhooo’s sentence could give us a little herd immunity. :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW last night I was trying a mix of these new ideas versus a Gabe who was killing me with Passport/Sneakdoor/Lamprey through my archives Quandary (though I did have 2 Niseis scored when the game disconnected). Anyway, in this scenario, Susanoo did not help one bit! :smiley:

Criminal is always so good against rush. It seems like moving RP to rush ignores why RP went all glacier in the first place and opens itself back up to siphon, derez, and other denial tactics.

3 Likes

SO, we’re down on MedBreak in here?

1 Like

Since I cut MedReFu for sweeps, yeah. It was fun while it lasted.

I know it sounds heretical, but does a rush deck want/need Howard?

3 Likes

two different cards :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think so. But maybe less so with Anonymous Tip in here?

Agenda flood is still a bad thing in this deck. Keyhole is currently a thing. Though not as good as Anon Tip, Jackson is good draw power, and combos well with Gift.

wrt to Med Breakthrough, I’d go with Philotic/Braintrust before Med Breakthrough, but personally I’m still on NAPD.

1 Like

I just meant that I played them together, as a pair. NAPD gets all grumpy and doesn’t cooperate if you play medical research fundraiser instead of celebrity gift next to him, like that pair of twins you went to elementary school who had the weird anxiety that no one else came close to understanding (why is there only one of everyone else?), so they only liked each other.

4 Likes

LOL

You kids do realize that by pushing this build, you may actually get people to want to run Traffic Jam, right?

4 Likes

Install advance advance everything. Every time.

Conversely, I’m sure we could pull up this thread on the phone, start playing the twins, the upgrade, but only one copy. When you draw it, laugh to yourself, say you’ve got a funny story, hand them the phone, then score out with a regular number of advancements while they’re reading this horseshit and you’re putting traffic jam in the heap.

Or. Cerebral static. Who knows.

4 Likes