With the recent update to Jnet causing a bit of a stir, I thought I would take the opportunity to open up a dedicated space for discussion around Jinteki.net’s development, where I and other devs can post ideas or screenshots of things we’re working on, get feedback from users, and field questions and bug reports.
I don’t have much to say to start off, but I thought it’d be good to at least get the ball rolling.
Here are my notes for the newest update, the Nisei Format Validator.
- You must choose a format when building a deck, and the validator will display it (all formats can still be seen on hover)
- All cards in a selected deck in the deck builder show the correct legality info for the chosen format
- You must choose a format for a game, and the games list will display it
- When choosing decks in the lobby, they’re marked as legal or illegal for the chosen format
- The card browser has a filter for format and in the interest of screen space moves the text version to the right side (not ideal but better than it being pushed off screen)
Current known bugs/issues with this update:
- Existing decks must have their format changed at least once, even if they are Standard decks. Otherwise, they will show “invalid”
- Invalid decks don’t display their reasons for being invalid
- No warning that such a big change would occur
- Game lobby “format” label is small and easy to miss
- Explanation of different formats isn’t listed anywhere, making discoverability difficult
- So-called Snapshot Plus format (Worlds format plus Magnum Opus cards) is missing