Kate hate!

Tough trying to win as corp these days, but I am really sick of being run over by PPV Kate. Anybody got some good anti-Kate shells? I know she is very strong, but wonder if it is possible to create a specific Kate Hate deck. Are there any that would have an easy time? Losing to other ID’s is not a worry in this thought exercise.

starter thoughts: cards
Blacklist
Chronos
Power Shutdown
Student Loans
Ashigaru
more?

4 Likes

Thinking IG with Allele (sp) and a number of the tools listed above.

2 Likes

The ‘Blue Sun, all Barriers’ deck is pretty kate-hatey, as they’re generally reliant on Atman or limited Ladies to handle Barriers. Not to mention that most Kates are reducing their Plascrete count.

3 Likes

I’ve been cooking an IG deck lately that packs shocks and snares and fetals, blacklist and a little light program destruction, I think with damage and blacklist it has good game against kate, and the ice suite seems to fare well vs anarchs. I agree IG is the jam on hate. Keep your deep dives outta my RnD

2 Likes

The new Wey Wey barrier, Spiderwebs, seems to be a nice lady taxer

5 Likes

I brought something similar to this to Chicago regionals and it went 2-2 vs ppvp Kate, granted i never hit a chronos project and it wasnt packing blacklist

There’s also Lockdown, which is really more of a general Shaper hate card, not that it’s great, given that all you have to do to circumvent it is draw before hitting it… Which is usually how it’s done anyway. : \

Just run susanoo in everything…

High strength sentries can be a pain for Kate to deal with though. Taurus in blue sun isn’t bad, and can typically only be beaten by atman at 5. Susan in RP can be beaten by atman at 7, but thats expensive and they’d normally want it at 4. Ices like data raven and Gutenberg will be annoying if your deck can make them care about tags.

Also, tollbooth is good pretty much all the time, so it’s good against Kate too. If they’re on double CyCy, put a codegate on every server and the remote.

Just in general, doesn’t RP have a fine matchup against Kate? I know on the rare days I decide to play RP, I’m much more afraid of seeing an anarch on the other side of the board.

Gutenberg with Sub boost? :smiley:

7 Likes

Play NEXT Design and drop Targeted Marketing first turn calling Prepaid Voicepad. The look on the Kate player’s face is priceless.

It’s also great to call Parasite against anyone who wants to blow your NEXT ice up.

Kate puts her atman at 6 now against RP when she wants to pass susan, so she can also farm suckers from archives on the cheap. She doesn’t want it at 4 otherwise anyway. It’s still a very expensive gear check (for both players), but most importantly, kate has to bend over backwards either to not discard her atman or to not spend a clone chip parasiting booth/pup/tsurugi.

Overall agreed, RP is kate’s hardest matchup, especially with the new ichi secret tech. Another option is to splash for 2 crisium grids.

1 Like

You should listen to @spags, he’s the guy that popularized PPVP Kate, he can be the one to crush her.

4 Likes

Nisei Division. Just win Psi games. Working on a list, might start a Nisei Division party thread.

2 Likes

Actually, there is another way to reliably beat kate, if you don’t mind losing your friends (and your anarch matchups)…

kate hate

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (8)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
1x Hades Fragment (Up and Over)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
1x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (12)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x IT Department (The Source)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]

Upgrade (6)
3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)
2x Breaker Bay Grid (Breaker Bay)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (5)
2x Archived Memories (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (4)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]••••[/color]
1x Wormhole (Order and Chaos) [color=#006400]••[/color]

Sentry (9)
3x Architect (Up and Over)
2x Fenris (True Colors)
2x Rototurret (Core Set)
2x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit) [color=#DC143C]••••• •[/color]
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

6 Likes

Make sure you have a hard etr on HQ if you’re hitting the ITD button though, lest ye be Escher’d.

Also, where is bullfrog? That card is super sweet with ITD spam.

3 Likes

I’ve also thought about a specific deck to beat kate lately as all the good players in my meta have switched to her.
I’m really in love with Batty and the idea to force a program destruction and punish her for only playing one sentry breaker with blacklist.
I’ve chosen HB for NEXT Gold and Rototurret and added lab dog to kill Clone Chips.

Thats what i came up with:

Also thinking about adding 1 IT Department as an additional win condition.

“D4V1D & Goliath: How ITD is Destroying Netrunner, and the Anarch Answer”, by @bblum.

On e-bookshelves and voicepads now!

11 Likes

I work in medical publishing, but this may be just the title I can pitch to my editors to finally have us branch out into other genres.

3 Likes

been doing alright against kate with nisei div honestly
still a rough match

HBFA is pretty good against Kate, as is RP, but you really need to outplay your opponent to beat Kate more than 50% of the time with either of those decks. Both matchups are very skill intensive and if you let the pressure off Kate she has inevitability once set up.

Bascially, your plan against Kate has to be to go real fast and try to make her play on your remotes. She’s great at spamming Maker’s Eye and has an amazing econ engine, but if you can distract her for long enough she ends up not having time to get a ton of value out of her 2nd PPVP, if it’s even worth playing at all.

7 Likes