Kate hate!

Yes, naming breakers they need to get in is also a good strategy, and you can have some fun with it. Install advance in a remote and name the breaker they need to get in. Enjoy the Breaking News, I just made $10 :wink:

1 Like

A better plan is to install advance something that is not an agenda =)
What I did back then was install advance reversed account behind 5subs Hive. So she can’t just stock up money either, and she may needs to call out 2 Ladys ($20 :smile:) to get any agenda.(according to my plan)

But it’s not perfect, I think my Kate friend started to install everything but Lady, keep his credit low, until the point I started to advance my agenda. he took out Lady, give me 10, steal the agenda and trashed the reversed account.

and a few turns after, Kate has 30+ credits again… :disappointed_relieved:

But after all this is all just casual fun, it’s really hard to regularly get these things work.

1 Like

Targeted Marketing has been my super secret tech for a little bit now and it’s been pretty great against Kate. It’s even better against people who try to spam Parasite recursion on you, but honestly, It has yet to be a dead card. I always just think of it as another economy card, because as long as you know what’s in the runner’s deck you can pretty much guarantee it firing at least once. For what you actually have to invest to play it, that’s a pretty good return.

For just one influence and one click to play it puts in serious work. SMC works as a good early target too. Either they cripple themselves to keep you from getting rich or they let you get rich. Later in the game you can always call Lady or Maker’s Eye. I’ve been mostly running it out of NEXT Design because then I can drop it before the runner even gets a turn, but I bet it would also be nice to help flatline decks keep up the econ race.

Favorite play with it so far was calling Clot the turn before Biotic Laboring out an Aggressive Secretary.

8 Likes

#prepaidinglikeitsGencon2014