[Kate] Redefining Shaper Control Decks

Lady is the cheapest overall, since you just us a token to break most barriers. The others require you have a bit more cash-on-hand to Apoc that turn. Battering Ram is too expensive to play and lose and then have to re-play.

In post-mwl, there are fewer architects. People have cut them for Elis. They’re still annoying though.

how do you know this?

From looking at the match histories of the top 10 players, presumably. At a glance:
RP, NEH
NEH (?)
RP, NEH
RP, NEH, Blue Sun (?)
RP
HB
RP
Sync
Gagarin
NEH

1 Like

Went undefeated at a GNK on Sunday with this super unsurprising list.

PrePaid is Over Rated

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (15)

Hardware (9)

Resource (9)

Icebreaker (7)

Program (6)

9 influence spent (max 15-6☆=9)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Not sure how I feel on Kati, but she was great vs the RP matches I played. The problem is that between her and ProCo, your clicks are fairly constricted.

Overall, Kate still feels great to play. I think Anarch is really good atm, and a lot of people are playing them, but honestly Kate still has legs.

4 Likes

Wow it’s actually 10% not 0%, and there’s five instances of a better ID doing the same archetype.

Wow I got tooooooold huh?

Well for what it’s worth, we don’t know what archetype that HB deck is (or the RP decks for that matter); it could be HBFA for all we know. But it is suggestive that Foodcoats is not doing much in the current meta. Personally I also think that it’s just worse than RP.

But uh, Kate thread : 3

With RP, sure. In the case of HB, fat chance of there being a HB FA. Unless you want to play Director Haas. If you meant only Biotic Labor, it is still Foodcoats.

1 Like

Seems very light on the econ actually. How has this been working out for you?

If you get ProCo early, it’s great. If you don’t, hopefully you get Kati =P Stimhack is also a godsend, and half of the reason I’m on 2 Same Old Thing is so I can shit out more of them.

Have people tried MWL PPVP Kate (cutting all luckyfind…) ?
How is it against RP? Not rich enough?

Not worth playing 3 inf for.

1 Like

: /
So I guess my question is … is that ture?

I know I shouldn’t argue with you on Kate. But I don’t think I want to play proco Kate MWL. Too many breaking news in my area. And I think ppvp Kate still good against NEH, just wondering about its RP mu.

Professor has been solid vs. most things for me. He’s worth a serious look now that inf is so tight in other shaper decks. He gets 3 Clone, Lady, D4, Parasite, Clot, Sucker, Yog, Mongoose, etc. Having no MWL effect, plus 18-22 influence is really strong. Scheherazade/tech writer/Procon can get his econ up and running quickly enough to be a real deck, too.

Edit: If you’re concerned about breaking news plays, Public Terminal Ken is probably the only runner who can get away with not leaning on resources anymore.

4 Likes

I just don’t want to play proco or Kati. :weary:
Tech writer has been solid. That together with daily cast and baby can’t make up for the lose of lucky find?

lol I knew you gonna mention professor and Tenma! People have been warning me about your recent creations!
I believe they all pretty strong, but how can you afford trashing assets in professor? Just imp?

1 Like

If you want to afford trashing assets, you play Imp, Paricia, or skip playing shaper. They’re comfortably the weakest econ of the runner factions now, in my experience.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying that for years now.
Shaper econ was either relying on Kate ID + 6 neutral inf, or pure shit. Now the first option isn’t available anymore. So it’s just bad econ engine for shaper.

3 Likes

In before someone brings up Opus lol

2 Likes

Sooooo, what does everyone think of the shaper one card Econ engine? :wink:
But actually, Caheshop is a solid economy is Kate, and only 3-6 influance! (Depending on if you want harbingers)

2 Likes

It seems like if you’re willing to spend 9 influence instead of 6, you can still have the strongest runner econ engine.

2 Likes

It’s good as long as you don’t hit Archangel. I think you can’t rely on Mopus too much if you plan on having a somewhat decent Fastro matchup.