Laramy Fisk: No, YOU draw

The card I want with Fisk is Global Security Clearance. It just doesn’t work though, with the 2 link requirement :expressionless:

Thinking about it, Fisk should have had a link, he’s certainly connected

1 Like

it makes utterly no sense

"Savvy Investor"
0 link

wut

3 Likes

“I’m an Investor,I’m on the Corp side,I make Corp draw free extra cards,why should I have something good for a Runner?”

2 Likes

ITT We all want to be play testers. And we would be incredible at it.

Honestly, if Fisk were good, the game would just be too complicated with all the 4 good runners

All the mocking is what makes victory with Laramy that much more rewarding.

1 Like

Unfortunately, after play testing the Laramy deck above more extensively, I discovered it completely folds to Foodcoats unless I can get a hard Siphon money lock very early. If they’re able to get an Adonis/Eve rezzed before (or during the run in which) I siphon them, the game is pretty much over. Breaker Bay Grid is pretty much public enemy #1. Not to mention Architect is really hard to face check even with a Mongoose. The 3c to break it vs the 2c to break with Mimic starts to add up really quickly against a deck that I can’t Security Testing my way to the bank.

What I felt like I needed at the time was Drive By or ice de-rez tech, but I am not really sure how to tune it to make that stuff work without buggering my strength against horizontal decks. If I can land on something I’m happier with in the next few days I’ll post it up. I’m thinking I might just need to wait for Councilman/Political Operative. Or concede defeat Laramy’s garbage ability and just test Nero instead.

I feel like his ability is just… not great. If it non-optionally forced both players to draw 1 card (instead of optionally forcing the corp) I think he would be very strong. As it is, it only helps when I’m already doing well, when what I need is an ability that helps me get ahead as well as stay ahead.

Honestly, I feel like in this asset- and Caprice-heavy meta, Drive By should be in all crim decks atm. PolOp might reduce the need once it gets released, but right now 2 clicks to trash is a pretty great deal.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing pretty well with this build of Fisk, leveraging Information Sifting for 9 card hits fairly regularly (at least once a game).

Hilarious as BALLS against CI. Stood toe to toe with IG (I lost stealing my 8th point Fetal AI because I played an exclusive party for cash before Sifting). Not the best against typical fast advance builds unless you can get siphons down.

I have a bunch of matches recorded. If I can find a host (YouTube?) I can post some of them up.

1 Like