Legend of the Five Rings

From the Jade Throne podcast, Phoenix Conflict character preview: Ishiken Initiate.

(Hopefully that Facebook link works.)

New Phoenix spell attachment preview: Grasp of Earth.

Phoenix preview article is up: Keepers of Harmony.

1 Like

Is it going to be considered poor form if I want to play all the factions first before I settle on one, to find which clanā€™s style resonates with me? I never played the CCG and thus donā€™t really have a clue how each faction will feel by just reading these previews.

Thank you for asking. I have exactly the same problem, but didnā€™t dare ask the question in fear of encountering a contingent of fiery shugenja and ninja in my bedroom.

2 Likes

Not sure if Iā€™ll be playing (hope Netrunner survives and I donā€™t have to change game) but if I end up playing L5R Iā€™m going to switch clan whenever I feel like this not caring at all what people think about this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nope, you must decide day 1 what youā€™re playing, and sign a contract in blood that you will only ever that faction for all time.

(Honestly, I canā€™t imagine anyone giving anyone gruff over swapping clans. Everything is so early, I donā€™t think anyone really knows how anything truly plays right now.)

4 Likes

No #L5RLive stream this week due to GenCon prep, but thereā€™s going to be one next week for both Phoenix AND Unicorn.

If I end up playing L5R, I can guarantee with nearly 100% certainty that Iā€™ll play whatever clan has the best deck. Flavor is for chumps :smiley:

5 Likes

Everyone has the right to play whatever deck they want

But still smh

I mean, heck, Iā€™m doing mercenary work playing whatever until the proper faction shows up. :smiley:

1 Like

loyalty is half of the fun with l5r. @grogboxer @hsiale u doing it wrong!

2 Likes

Telling people what is the proper way of having fun with a game is what seems wrong for me. If I play, I will have cards for every clan anyway, why should I not use them? Itā€™s no longer the CCG model where itā€™s expensive to get cards for more clans.

im not telling what you should do. im sharing my experience and expressing (strong?) opinion.

top of the clan prize, story prizes, clan forums - that kind of stuff mattered in o5r. itā€™s like rooting for your favourite sport team. i hope that wont change in lcg.

1 Like

Having never played L5CCG, the things you list are the only things that will get me interested in this game. We already have ANR for a tryhard spike LCG, I hope L5R will be embraced as a true lifestyle game with rp elements

I had apparently missed a spell preview while I was out failing hard at Regionals. Phoenix Event: Against the Waves.

1 Like

Ooh.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/l5r-lcg/

1 Like

In the immortal words of Bill Wurtz, ā€œholy shiiiiiiiiiiiit.ā€ (In a positive way.)

Thereā€™s a LOT to unpack there, and I wish i wasnā€™t on mobile right now to type words. But hell yes to all of that.

1 Like

i wonder what all of this will mean for non us/non gencon people out there. hope to have a chance to fight for all those promos.