Legend of the Five Rings

my guess is that unfortunately non-gencon people will have good chance to spend lots of money at ebay

Unicorn fiction is up: Curved Blades.

The Kolat Informant has a Unicorn character preview: Utaku Infantry.

More importantly… WE HAVE RULEBOOK SIIIIIIIIIIIIGN

Rules Reference

Learn to Play

1 Like

Very cool!! Although I feel due to the various preview articles there was actually not much new in the Learn to play guide. :wink:
Aaand … what makes me kinda sad is the Out of the box paragraph in the deckbuilding section. Stating that a single deck using only one Core Set has a minimum of 30 cards (instead of 40) shows that there are really not enough cards in the Core Set to even build a single competitive deck. :frowning:

Okay, that’s kind of funny. They mentioned that the spoiler for the #L5RLive stream was already live on the website, and that you’d have to go find it yourself.

It was hidden in the Crane article,in the card fan. Scorpion Character: Favored Niece.

1 Like

Wow, they’re going to have to do a Scorpion bug bomb to flush out this infestation. Hidden in a link to Hida Tomonatsu was another Scorpion preview. Scorpion Character: Shosuro Actress.

1 Like

While I like the idea of a changing story, do we think ffg can pull it off? I am thinking of all the delays of data packs we have had in netrunner and how long time it has taken them to print the championship cards. Consistency hasn’t been their strongest suit, especially in their LCG/CCG formats.

1 Like

Probably? It doesn’t seem like there’s that many decision points being made so far.

There’s the Hatamoto results, but that’s mostly just a aggregate of how well a faction’s honored agents is performing over the course of a year, and how Worlds is themed. Also might mean that FFG’s going to be collecting tournament results more aggressively.

Picking Roles seems like really the main one, and that’s kind of vague and doesn’t really pigeon-hole them very hard in regards to story.

It’ll be interesting to see how frequently the fictions come once the game is launched.

Not sure which page this one was hiding on, but a card fan had a new Scorpion conflict-deck Character preview: Adept of Shadows.

I was under the expression that players could influence the story more than that. But if that is all, then it might not be so bad.

Well, there are some more direct story prizes, but we don’t know what they ARE yet. Heck, I don’t think it’s been mentioned WHAT the GenCon story prizes are yet, and that’s next week. But it sounds like a direct choice will be rare and only at bigger events.

Anyway, Unicorn time! Wandering Warriors.

EDIT: Early impressions: “holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit!”

The Scorpion infiltration continues, too. Scorpiom Event: Ambush popped up in the Dragon article card fan.

The unicorn look fun, super Aggro it seems

Speak of the devil (the devil, the devil), they just put up the story choices and event details for GenCon’s Thursday event.

Smokeless Fire

1 Like

Scorpion Event: Calling in Favors.

Huh, the Unicorn “story” is… interesting. Very… interesting.

Link.

Go back and click the PDF link. It’s… different.

Card hidden in the Dice Tower review:

Iuchi Wayfinder
Unicorn
1 Fate, 1 Military, 1 Political, 0 Glory
Shugenja. Water. Cavalry.
Reaction: After this character enters play - look at a facedown province.

Good for not running into that Dragon province with too many cards, for example.

is it conflict card?

Scorpion stronghold’s floating about due to it showing up in reviews? I assume we’ll be getting a clean version later in the day whenever they put up a article…

City of the Open Hand. +1 PS. 10 starting honor, +7 Fate, 10 Influence. Action: If you are less honorable than an opponent, bow this stronghold - take 1 honor from that player.