Limbhack (A Game of Thrones, 2nd Ed:)

Not yet. You can root through the forum for decklists that people have been posting, though. And maybe @Kingsley will share his Targ list :wink: here.

Sure thing. This has been ripping it up on OCTGN for me:

"Kill kill kill"
House Targaryen/Fealty

Characters (34):
2x Magister Illyrio
2x Littlefinger
3x Unsullied
3x Braided Warrior
3x Handmaiden
2x Ser Jorah Mormont
3x Targaryen Loyalist
3x Rhaegal
1x Viserys Targaryen
3x Khal Drogo
3x Viserion
3x Daenerys Targaryen
3x Drogon

Locations (12):
3x The Kingsroad
3x The Roseroad
3x Plaza of Punishment
3x Illyrioā€™s Estate

Events (10):
3x The Handā€™s Judgement
3x Dracarys!
2x Fire and Blood
2x Waking the Dragon

Attachments (4):
3x Milk of the Poppy
1x Drogoā€™s Arakh

Plots:
Heads on Spikes
Calm over Westeros
Wildfire Assault
The Winds of Winter
Marched to the Wall
Marched to the Wall
Filthy Accusations

Strategy: Kill all their units and then run rampant. Khal Drogo, Dracarys!, and Plaza of Punishment all let you kill multiple units in a turn. Your plots let you finish them off - if you manage to kill all the small guys but they still have big characters out, play Marched to the Wall to get rid of their most important pieces. If you have an advantage but canā€™t finish the job, Winds of Winter lets your attacks hit them extra hard.

If they play tons of units and you are having a tough time chewing through them all, play Wildfire Assault and then renew your attack. Dracarys! is extremely strong removal, and when combined with Daenerys or Unsullied can kill almost any character in the game. Note that Dracarys! and Plaza of Punishment kill regardless of dupes (p. 19), so are great counters to otherwise-annoying units like Arya Stark.

Fealty lets you play surprise Dracarys! from 0 gold and makes getting Dany and Drogo out much easier. I like the ā€œpurityā€ of this deck as well from a fluff perspective, and it makes the Targaryen Loyalists and Illyrioā€™s Estates much better.

6 Likes

Looks perfect to me except Iā€™m gonna put in 3 x Jorah. He seems like one of top three characters out of the box.

Yeah, Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m probably going to go -1 Unsullied +1 Jorah myself. Iā€™ve also considered +1 Viserys (in exchange for another -1 Unsullied), but am not sure if thatā€™s going too far.

Having played a few more games, I definitely agree with -2 Unsullied, +1 Jorah, +1 Viserys. Jorah and Viserys have great synergy with Marched to the Wall, which is sort of the cornerstone of this deck.

1 Like

Can someone more acquainted with Thrones deckbuilding thrash my deck? I heard you donā€™t want too much Limited so I cut the locations to 2x, and put in more bursty Character economy. Strategy is to get Stannis/Robert out and start Kneeling with Consolidation of Power/Intimidate/Melisandre and/or stop challenges with Sword in the Darkness to trigger the Wall and rush out a game with Baratheon Renown and The Wall.

I really wanted to put in 3x Superior Claim but I donā€™t see deckspace for it. Am I including anything dumb? Put to the Sword seems really good and I donā€™t know why its not being run in this Targaryen deck people are talking about. Seen in Flames seems like a really good control card going into Challenges phase.

Sneak Attack is very good with Sword in the Darkness. Scratch that defending player. Still really good with Ours is the Fury.

House Baratheon
Banner of the Nightā€™s Watch

Characters (30)
3x Robert Baratheon
3x Stannis Baratheon
2x Melisandre
3x Fiery Followers
2x Maester Cressen
3x Dragonstone Faithful
3x Ranging Party
2x Veteran Builder
2x Benjen Stark
3x Steward at the Wall
2x Littlefinger

Locations (11)
2x The Kingsroad
2x The Roseroad
2x The Red Keep
2x Dragonstone Port
3x The Wall

Events (15)
2x Put to the Sword
3x Ours is the Fury
3x Consolidation of Power
3x Sword in the Darkness
3x Seen in Flames

Attachments (4)
2x Milk of the Poppy
2x Lightbringer

Plots (7)
Head on Spikes
Sneak Attack
Sneak Attack
A Noble Cause
Wildfire Assault
Filthy Accusations
Supporting the Faith

I donā€™t have experience with The Wall yet so canā€™t comment on it, but it seems like your deck is built around it. The Red Keep is imo one of the best cards in the game right now, I would play 3x of these.

15 events is a lot, you are going to have fairly poor set ups with this and events all cost gold which means you need some more $. Something that is lacking from your deck is a way to deal with opponents locations. Consider adding Put to the Torch. Ours is the Fury is a really strong effect but its expensive. Seen in Flames is very powerful with Mel. I would maybe consider cutting consilidation of power and at least 1 sword in the darkness.

Milk should probably be 3x its one of the best cards in the game right now. Much better than Put to the Sword imo.

Supporting the Faith seems really bad in your deck where you have all of these events that you want to use. One of the best plots for winning on defense is Game of Thrones. I think you can keep your opponent from winning intrigue, I would consider it.

Play 3x Roseroad in every deck right now.

2 Likes

anyone up for a few games? got something I want to test.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to get into the game, but I really like to read about things before purchasing it.

Can someone link me to a community or forum that is at the same caliber for GOT 2nd as stimhack is for A:NR?

And if someone has a link to the rules for the 2nd edition, that would be awesome too. On my mobile and travelling for a few days and I donā€™t want to spend the bandwidth trying to find it on my one.

Thank you!

1 Like

Iā€™m on mobile but scroll up through this thread, Iā€™ve linked to cardgamedb forum, which is the main discussion board, as well as the rules when they were published online by ffg.

Thatā€™s for the quick start rules.

At this point in playing and watching games, and based on the opinions in the HoS thread, Iā€™m starting to think that it may be been a slight mistake to have so many 1.0 players on the playtest team, as opposed to some fresh eyes.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to give this or something similar a few goes. Actually reminds me of the Dothraki war crest build I played at Worlds two years ago w/first edition. All based around raising claim and making extra military challenges to keep the opponentā€™s board wiped.

It needs more testing, but Iā€™ve been quite successful in a handful of games with a Targ w/Lanni banner deck. Tyrion in combination with Illyrio is splendid if you can get both up and running without being bombed by Milk of the Poppy.

Iā€™m finding it weird to juggle playing on OCTGN w/three core sets and real-life decks w/two core sets. Talk about first world problemsā€¦ XD

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting to know, as in other forums people have been complaining about the power of the Greyjoys and Lannisters. Always a good sign to see such differences of opinion :smile:

Any thoughts on how easy this would be to learn and play exclusively on OCTGN, as a total Thrones newbie? I play Netrunner, Doomtown and LotR on OCTGN already but learned how to play those in ā€œreal lifeā€ first.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™ll be looking into this one. I love the art and the mechanics seem pretty interesting. Although I want to devote all of my FLGS-time to Netrunner, AGot2.0 may be interesting to play with my girlfriend. Maybe only the deluxe expansions are sufficient for this?

I learned all the above games exclusively on OCTGN, starting with AGOT 1.0. Actually AGOT has very little OCTGN automation (compared with Netrunner) which means that you only really have to be familiar with moving and flipping cards, targeting and drawing arrows as well as adding/removing a few markers here and there. Simple pal!

3 Likes

Także a look at tournaments deck from 1.0 this is not netrunner. You dont take the best Faction cards x3 almost automatically :wink:

Has anyone tried out Meele for Thrones 2.0. To me, this is what sets it apart from other competitive LCGā€™S.

Our long-lost brother @Alexfrog has been playing 2.0, and has started writing his thoughts on the game. No further comment needed, you know the info is good.

5 Likes

More Targ/Lanni synergy: Jaime is not loyal either, meaning you can run Jaime (does not kneel when attacking in military challenges) alongside Khal Drogo (make an additional military challenge).