Link's Adventure - The Sunny Lebeau Thread

Well to that extent most of Sunny is still late game strength, so playing into that I would think the corp is going to score something. Also going to try more Power Tap Sunny again.

Power Tap Sunny!

I do love that combo. I just wish that I could reliably get everything to make that work.

The current doesn’t seem bad but Sunny doesn’t need help making money in the lategame. Great art though.

I think it helps mid game too like Human First by refunding some of the money spent say using Nexus before that critical mass of drip happens.

Honestly, I think Sunny is probably worth a closer look after Turning Wheel.

Patron + Jak + Turning Wheel + Whatever is going to be pretty good I would wager. And pretty inexpensive to set up.

I believe all neutrals and Criminal get better with turning wheel out. Geist in particular.

Geist should be very good post turning wheel.

And maybe there will be another bomb criminal card in the next pack.

I just am seeing something going on in terms of efficiency for Sunny that might be worth a look. I know I will be trying a few changes to the “sunny build” that managed to take down a store champ.

tsuaF
3-cost
Crim 5 influence program 1 memory
Trash one card from hand to break a subroutine on a piece of ice with strength three or lower. After breaking all subs on an ice with tsuaF, add a power counter to this card.
3 power counters: Removed a rezzed piece of ice from the game.

This current seems bad in Connections, which only plays Nexus and a singleton AtG for link, doesn’t have any combo pieces like Power Tap, and uses Film Critic when possible.

Yup.

Which is funny, since Patron is probably the card that I am the most excited to play alongside Turning Wheel in Sunny.

can’t tell what the trace strength is exactly, but it seems like a 9 to me:

at that strength, i think it’s very much pigeon-holed into a late game card, but it gives me a reason to seriously consider Disrupter in Sunny to see if it might benefit somewhere in the midgame.

1 Like

Heh, I believe it is a trace^0, actually. I still don’t think it’s a tremendous card, but hey, it costs 0, and you can thus probably afford to play it in your 50 card deck.

1 Like

yeah, it’s so blurry to me, my eyes can’t decide if it’s 6, 0, or 9 sometimes. at 0, i think it’s pretty solid.

compared to Human First, which is an economy card i actually consider to be pretty cool, this one only triggers on runner steals, BUT it cashes out completely every time the runner steals. steal a Domestic Sleepers? gain credits equal to the total number of scored points anyway. play against a deck with a bunch of 1 pointers? normally, those kinds of decks limit the time currents can stay on the board, but with the potential to cash out many more times in a game, it could maybe sort of self balance in that regard

also, if the corp is scoring through unconventional means, like Clones Are Not People or Public Support, you can still cash in on those (granted, after a score from Sunny herself)

at the very least, it’s a 0-to-play current has the potential to cash out several times throughout the game (and realistically, you’re probably looking at 3 good cashouts before most games are over) and ramps up the longer the game goes on and has a built-in way of helping you mitigate a close game and does nothing to help a game where Sunny has a runaway lead (which is the mark of good design imo). i’d never spend influence on it (similarly, i wouldn’t spend it on Human First), but i’d definitely auto-include this in Sunny unless i was really tied to something like Employee Strike or some combo with another current, like Corporate Scandal / Blackmail

1 Like

A lot of people said Turntable seemed bad because triggering on steals seemed unreliable, and those people turned out to be wrong. Of course, some cards that trigger on steals like Power to the People are definitely bad.

Can’t wait to see!

Oh wait, it isn’t nine? Then it is actually useful!

i’m still on the fence, but yeah, i think that the trace strength (especially something as different as 0 and 9) is a hinging factor on how useful it is

There’s no way it’s 9, way too antiflavorful for Sunny. It could be something like 6 though, maybe.

Going back and looking at the font they use on the other cards that have a Trace^6, it doesn’t really look to match. The stem-part of the top of a 6 is too… pronounced?

And honestly, a 0 makes the most amount of sense for it. I mean, it’s hard enough to actually steal a agenda while it’s up and running that the effect isn’t going to be too overpowered. Plus it’s a nice bonus and incentive to go full raid-boss on link. Hopefully this continues and more things that synergize with having a high link come out too.

3 Likes

Its a nine. It definitely looks like a nine zooming in.

1 Like

That looks more like jpg artifacting, I also can’t imagine on what universe a Trace9 to get a few credits would ever be good but I wouldn’t put it past FFG.

5 Likes