Metagame Dominance and other LCGs

Being able to run more than half of your points as 3/2 agendas is pretty huge. The reason no one is playing Fast Advance in Weyland is because they don’t have the second 3/2. Even though Beale doesn’t do much most of the time it still enables fast advance decks.

Breaking News is also the best 2/1 in the game because it doesn’t give you bad pub.

Who cares about Character Assassination or Restructured Datapool, you don’t need to run them anymore?

I wonder what the game would look like today if you were required to meet advancement requirements rather than agenda point requirements when deck building. So running 3/2s would actually require you to run more agendas and make a riskier build.

6 Likes

I’ve scored a 3 point beale more than a few times out of hand in astrobiotics decks. It’s an amazing agenda that gives you more options.

2 Likes

Good is relative, and compared to nbn and jinteki, weyland’s agendas suck. Atlas is good,but it’s easiest to score as a blank 3/2. Fracking and HT give you bad pub, and the rest are 3/1s and 5/3s that don’t protect themselves. Astro and nisei both win you the game (which, granted, atlas does in some situations), and nbn/jinteki can back them up with agendas that are either really easy to score, or really hard to steal, weyland can’t do that.

4 Likes

Atlas → Hostile is one of the strongest moves in the game. It’s basically a 5/4 agenda, which means you only need another 5/3 to win, which there are plenty of.

Then there’s posted bounty, which plays right into Weyland’s needs. It’s a great way to avoid needing to win a trace.

Glenn & High-Risk are both going to be amazing:

1 Like

… so assuming this is the two-token atlas + two separate HT pulls, it’s still 9 / 4, right? We still need to expend the advancements to score the HTs :). I get that they are “protected”, which is I think what you’re getting at (though I’d debate that since I think I’ve only seen two atlas tokens become two scored HTs once or twice across hundreds of supermodernism-style games :slight_smile:).

Atlas is great and until Future Perfect Weyland’s 5/3s were the best—but 5/3s are risky beasts—so I’d say until the box Weyland’s got the worst agenda spread. Somebody’s got to be behind :).

4 Likes

A 9/4 that gives you 10 credits, yeah… And I was referencing the protected bit. You have to be able to score a 5/2 and if you can do that, then 2 turns later you get +10 money and 2 more points. Seems good.

An interesting comparison would be to APP. APP is a “safe” 9/8, if you can draw the pieces, if you don’t draw the pieces, it’s probably a 5/4 or a 7/6 if you can it at least one more APP.

A maybe 5/4 compared to an auto 5/4 if you can score it can make a difference in a game.

1 Like

It’s not quite a 5/4, but it’s not quite a 9/4 either. You still have to advance those hostiles, but yeah, it’s pretty strong.

1 Like

who the heck are you playing against… :expressionless:

Probably people that use tokens to kill foolish runners, simply because it means less hand movement and credit manipulation :smiley:

I play plascrete and that’s when the two point conversion happens. I’m sure I’d be scorched out otherwise

ah, yes. 20 chars

Yeah, I definitely think that’s true. They have some very fun ones (eff. comittee, mand. upgrades) but ultimately they’re pretty clunky and only work because HBs kit is so good otherwise.

When I said Weyland has shit agendas, I only meant that they have relatively shitty agendas. Atlas, of course, is a great agenda, but they don’t have any depth beyond that, and the fact that two of their other decent agendas, fracking and takeover, give you BP, you’re precluded from playing NAPD contract, which is by far the best neutral agenda in the game. It’s not all terrible, but if you compare a Weyland agenda package to NAPD Astro Beale Breaking or NAPD TFP Nisei Mk II or 3 Vitruvius 3 Beta 3 NAPD etc or even 3 House of Knives 3 Gila 2 TFP 1 Philotic 3 Fetal, it’s no contest.

Not having multiple 3/2s is a huge disadvantage. I understand the desire to keep FA in check by not printing too many of them, but the status quo just leaves Weyland at a huge disadvantage. That combined with the clash between NAPD and Weyland’s agendas just adds up to the fact that any Weyland agenda package you come up with is vulnerable to the stealing of 3-pointers or takes up too much deck space or doesn’t add up to a coherent game plan or some combination of those things.

8 Likes

I’d be keen to see an Agenda whose advancement cost decreased based on your BP. Could be neutral, could be Weyland. either way, I think it’d be cool.

3 Likes

What advancement req would it start at? 8/2? If you want to, you could make that thing a 2/2 in very little time in GRNDL.

Maybe a reason to play GRNDL now that Blue sun is out would be welcome. Eh.

Also what on Earth would that be called, flavor wise? Crimean Takeover? Qatar World Cup? Bhopal Pilot Program?

New Corp Deck

GRNDL: Power Unleashed (Fear and Loathing)

Agenda (13)
1x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Profiteering (Second Thoughts)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)[color=#FF8C00] •••[/color]

Upgrade (2)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)[color=#FF8C00] ••••• •[/color]

Operation (13)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (5)
2x Changeling (Up and Over)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (7)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Ireress (Mala Tempora)
1x Lotus Field i[/i][color=#DC143C] •[/color]

Sentry (6)
3x Archer (Core Set)
3x Grim (Opening Moves)

10 influence spent (max 10)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Seems decent, if not totally busted depending on the Advancement numbers. NAPD obv comes out for BPP.

Maybe it wants Will’o’s?

That would be a clever way to do it. A 5/2 agenda that decreases its advancement cost for every Bad Pub. I like it!

1 Like

I don’t think that’s strong enough. You’d need 2 BP just to make it a blank 3/2. Sure, a 2/2 is strong, but the more BP you rack up the riskier your situation becomes, because the Runner is going to be accessing more. Although 4/2 is too powerful, as is 6/3. Definitely tricky. Another thing I was thinking about is an Agenda that is worth bonus points based on your BP when it is scored. Check the Imaginary Cards thread.

I think it’d be relatively easy to flavor a card about a cutthroat Corporation deciding PR isn’t worth it and profiting more due to its bad exposure. Something along the lines of Profiteering, but post-Profiteering, flavor-wise.

1 Like

What @PeekaySK said coupled with the observation that, for games I’ve watched or participated in, the situation of 2x Atlas tokens + 2 HTs still in deck is pretty rare.

1 Like

A 5/2 would be insanely overpowered with all the BP giving ice that are out now. One profiteering scored makes it a 2/2, Rezzing a grim turns every fast track into 2 free points.

1 Like