Mumbad Cycle

I think you are one of a select group who is down because of the MWL. The rest is trying their new decks out wherever they can. It’s not a coincidence that soon after the new rules became public octgn/jinteki had a sizable portion of their games played with the new rules.

4 Likes

I think when I looked at the order the news stories came out previously the deluxe was usually announced after the second pack was released?

Also, there might not be new deluxes anymore. Whatever that means to the data pack release cycle is anybody’s guess.

1 Like

Which was around one month after 6th pack announcement. Hard to say which one’s more tied to this…

Quickly goes to check the FFG site to double check

Whichever, hopefully we’ll see something in the next few weeks! I’m tending to believe they’ll keep up with the deluxes, it seems to make sense from a business point of view.

I too am working on new decks as much as possible. I, like many people here on stimhack I’m sure, are trying to find solid tournament legal decks for SCs.

We’ve been playing with the same cards since the end of July. A fresh injection into the card pool would be nice. Also, there are 7 unknown cards in Kala Ghoda, including an ID. One of those cards could be Faust level good and we have no idea. All of the MWL decks we are playing now, which are more or less adjustments to previously existing decks, could become irrelevant or super powered.

As long as we are in release limbo, it’s hard to get super excited. I took a break after D&D was officially released, sort of expecting Mumbad to drop around Christmas or shortly thereafter. I love playing Netrunner, but playing with the same cards for so long just got a little stale.

2 Likes

I think we saw 16 or 17 of those 19 new cards (Ramujan is x6), and the illustrations of 19 of them, but I can be wrong.

Unknown texts are the Jinteki 4/3 agenda, Panchatantra that have something to do with barriers, and maybe this HB Clone Suffrage Movement (but I’m not sure).

Four is Flatline has 12 of 19 known cards for Kala Ghoda.

[Four is Flatline][1]

Kala Ghoda
ID# Faction Type Title
1 Anarch Event Run Amok
2 Anarch Hardware Ramujan-reliant 550 BMI
3 Anarch Resource Street Magic
4 Criminal
5 Criminal Program Mongoose
6 Shaper
7 Shaper
8 Shaper Program Panchatantra
9 Neutral
10 Neutral Resource :diamonds: Chatterjee University
11 HB Agenda Advanced Concept Hopper
12 HB ICE Vikram 1.0
13 Jinteki
14 Jinteki Upgrade Mumbad City Grid
15 NBN Asset Kala Ghoda Real TV
16 NBN ICE Interrupt 0
17 Weyland
18 Neutral Asset Mumba Temple
19 Neutral
[1]: Four Is Flatline | BoardGameGeek

2 Likes

I don’t mind the delay from DE to new cycle. It’s been a nice break exploring the card pool.

3 Likes

Oh I see, 6 cards are not displayed on the right topic on R4G. These are coming into #3 or #4 :smile:
Cool, there will be something new then !

Only 1 Weyland card. :frowning: Honestly.

2 Likes

And it’s probably going to be awful too.

Yay Weyland!

3 Likes

Sorched Earth too op, weyland must pay forever!

(Says the Haarp kill player).

3 Likes

Weyland - ICE,0 to rez,10 strength.

You Can Advance It

You Can Advance It can be advanced.
For every advancement token on You Can Advance It,nothing happens.

“I’m done with this job,especially those R&D guys.Hey you know what?Weyland sucks.” —Liz Campbell, Former VP Project Security

23 Likes

As I know was pointed out to me, both Jackson Howard and Clot went unspoiled by FFG and were/are highlights of the first packs of both cycles.

[quote=“Danwarr, post:1315, topic:4340”]
As long as we are in release limbo, it’s hard to get super excited. I took a break after D&D was officially released, sort of expecting Mumbad to drop around Christmas or shortly thereafter. I love playing Netrunner, but playing with the same cards for so long just got a little stale.
[/quote]Kinda where I’ve been at. The freshness and rush of new ideas is part of what engages me. Trying to build new decks and try new things, but it’s not quite the same. It’d be less frustrating if they hadn’t promised us three or four packs of Mumbad by now. I get that with the design team changing and the MWL they might want to delay a bit, on top of any supply issues, but it’s reaaally annoying that they don’t communicate about the delays at all – and keep the articles and releases talking about patently false drop dates.

[quote=“Danwarr, post:1317, topic:4340”]
Four is Flatline has 12 of 19 known cards for Kala Ghoda.
[/quote]Yeah, don’t know of any they’ve missed or that were partials we know to be in KG that aren’t placed.

Really excited to see what the Shaper ID ends up being, and what Weyland’s card is. Oh well, guess it’s only… 8 weeks? 28th of Feb is a Sunday, so I’m guessing it’ll actually hit the week after, meaning my store will have it on around March 3rd as it usually gets in on Thursdays.

Goddamnit, that’s still so looong.

[quote=“Danwarr, post:1321, topic:4340”]
And it’s probably going to be awful too.
[/quote]Probably, although the only other time they’ve released just one card for a faction in a pack it was Little Engine, which I still maintain is pretty decent. Of course, there’s the disparity between yellow and green… but I’m still vaguely hopeful it’ll be something playable, even if I know I’ll probably end up disappointed.

1 Like

Too good for Weyland. That combos with Sub-Boost and therefore might be playable in a janky Tier2 deck.

1 Like

The ones on the list without type or title are just placeholders. We don’t yet know how many Weyland cards it’ll have.

But we know Interrupt 0 (NBN) is 16 and Mumba Temple (Neutral) is 18. And we know the order of the Factions. That leaves only 17 for Weyland.

4 Likes

Oh, I see.

I assume they’ve never been out of order? ;p

At least in faction they have been. Push Your Luck is in the wrong slot in Honor & Profit. It’s highly unlikely we’ll see more than one Weyland card in Kala Ghoda.

Btw, here’s a list of ice affected by Street Magic (count: 25/134):
Archer
Architect
Caduceus
Datapike
Enigma
Fenris
Galahad
Heimdall 1.0
Heimdall 2.0
Lancelot
Little Engine
Markus 1.0
Merlin
Muckraker
News Hound
Orion
Rototurret
Shadow
Shinobi
Shiro
Uroboros
Viktor 1.0
Viktor 2.0
Viper
Wall of Thorns

Some things changed are only very minor (Shadow -> Corp doesn’t get to use those 2c for the trace…most of the time doesn’t matter). Mostly ice on the list you see in Weyland and HB. There’s also Grails, but if the corp wants the net damage in from Lancelot/Merlin, they can opt not to show Galahad, but then it’s already affecting the corp play.

There’s still a bunch of stuff that’s really annoying with Street Magic installed, here’s a few of the worst that are played regularly:
Archangel
Architect
Assassin
Gutenberg
Ichis
Lancelot/Merlin
Tollbooth

There’s pretty nasty ice on the first list, but if you think you’re safe with it you’re gonna get burned. I guess you could use it to try to make the Blue Sun matchup better (Datapike, Caduceus, Enigma, my worst enemies as early game Anarch vs Blue Sun) but even there you’re gonna run into Assassin or Tollbooth and be sad. Does anyone know what Street Magic is supposed to be used for? (Hmm…if you can add an ETR sub on an ice during a run somehow with a future card those would be very playable together, especially if the ETR sub addition would be reusable…also combos with Endless Hunger + E3, so could be too good…)

1 Like