Mumbad Cycle

I’m sorry, but what is it supposed to do with Tollbouth ?

Why do you say there’s no impact on multitraces ?

Street Magic is an Anarch card with FFG’s vision about anarchy, aka instable chaos, nothing else. So since they are in need of a facechecker, they get an instable chaotic facechecker, that’s it.

You’ll get a second card next datapack to complete this, and while the feature will be strong, it’s just another piece of toilet paper for now.

Anarch are really FFG’s Harlequins. :confused:

I think he’s trying to say there is still nasty ice that is a facecheck risk when you have street magic installed, and many of them are commonly played.

Like, err, Grim ?

:slight_smile:

Sure, Grim too not that it sees a lot of play. Also I didn’t quite understand your question about “multitraces” whatever those are…

What’s the card coming on the next data pack that combos with it?

I don’t know yet, it’s an Anarch card, they come in pairs…

OK just sounded like you knew instead of making a wild guess…

5 Likes

It looks like only about 3 Anarch cards haven’t been spoiled, so I guess it’s possible something will pair with Street Magic? Though the San San cycle didn’t really follow that pattern I think, as the design for that cycle was focused on giving each pack it’s own theme. Mumbad appears to have been designed a similar way.

Sub. Boost

Also @anon34370798

If I ever speak of edge of world, it is almost always purely in jest. While I’m on the subject of brain damage, I think brainstorm just existing is good enough for the game, especially for rich HB decks. Brain damage really slows your game down in the early game, and with less clone chips around, Deja vuing those parasites is mighty tricky.

I thought it was understood that Street Magic is binder fodder upon release, based upon Mumbad spoilers so far. IMO the only relevant ICE that Street Magic affects are:

Archer
Enigma
Galahad, Lancelot, Merlin
Little Engine
Rototurret

Being able to farm Little Engine for 5c is nice, and being able to face-check Weyland without fear of Archer isn’t bad, but I can’t imagine Street Magic is worth the slots. This is exacerbated by the fact that Anarch has great in-faction answers to these problems already.

3 Likes

Well how many of those answers are permanent?

Not sure what your point is. Street Magic can’t get you through an ETR.

1 Like

[quote=“moistloaf, post:1338, topic:4340”]IMO the only relevant ICE that Street Magic affects are:(…)
Galahad, Lancelot, Merlin
[/quote]
Galahad only, because if you play that card your opponent will not show any Galahad when running on Merlin/Lancelot.
Not sure that your opponent would rez Archer to only etr, too.

1 Like

Not saying street magic is a good card on the whole but making the corp not want to rez Archer at all is a win in my book

If the corp wants to end the run he’ll show Galahad when rezzing Lancelot/Merlin. If it’s not a big risk to let the runner through, then sure.

Hmm, didn’t remember reading discussion on it. I guess it’s true it’s probably not worth the slots unless something changes.

Caduceus and Datapike as well, right? When I look at my Weyland deck, I think that Street Magic will be a really annoying card to see on the other side. Archer? Meh. Enigma / Datapike? No more face checking tax. Caduceus? End before getting the three.

Outside of Archer which is stupid expensive to break and totally ruins your day if it hits, is having an early Street Magic as bad for the corp as just having an early mimic?

An interesting question. I just don’t think the slots are there. You’re going to eventually need your breakers, and once you’re past the early game are you going to be happy you slotted Street Magic over all the other amazing red cards?

1 Like

Hey,is it only me who think Street Magic is a card for Apex?

It lets you facecheck into enigma and datapike with impunity, so there are uses.