Nationals & Worlds Roll Call

FWIW, I went to sell mine from GC, and found I lost them.

No big whoop.

But those tokens were such high quality. Best prize I’ve won. /s

1 Like

We were planning on going to Barley Johns Brew Pub, which isn’t far up the road (2 miles), but I have heard of The Happy Gnome and am quite interested. The thing is, we won’t have a car, so are limited in that capacity.

That said, any locals that want to help out and drink some beers with some great Netrunner players, I would be happy to start a new discussion for Wed night activities. :smiley:

Going go to be sweet to see all of you!

Beer!

Looking forward to meeting all of you, too. I finally booked my flight, will be arriving on Wednesday. Incidently besides buying the ticket for the event, I didn’t find anything on signing up to the tournament. Do we sign up on the day?

2 Likes

At some point you should get an email with a survey asking what tournaments you’ll be participating in, but there’s no preregistration or anything like that.

As far as meeting up goes, I’ve actually never been to Barley John’s, so I’m definitely up for trying it out. I see a beer on their list called Grendel that should suit Weyland players.

I’d also be willing to give up drinking for a night in order to help get people to somewhere further away, like the Happy Gnome or Day Block. I live in downtown Minneapolis, so unless people are up for cabbing it back from downtown after a night of drinking and debauchery[**], I’ll be driving both ways. :wink:

[**] Which I would happily facilitate if that’s what people are looking for. Day Block (linked above) and Town Hall are within an easy stagger of each other, and do beer flights. Just up the road is the unique and excellent Zen Box. And, of course, there’s the always spectacular Happy Gnome in St Paul. I’d go there just for the food.

1 Like

You sign up for everything day of. The badge gets you into all events. I’m guessing there may even be a new draft pack. I’m sure the new sleeves will be there. I’m actually hoping they have the new XCOM board game.

One of the best parts of Worlds is being able to drink onsite. Granted, their beer is quite expensive, but it’s good. They even have local (Surly) beers.

my kingdom for some New Glarus

2 Likes

I can bring plenty of that. Requests?

I’m not going, just pining for good beer.

2 Likes

I might have to come to the WI regional next year just so you guys can take me on a beer tour.

2 Likes

Well, hopefully it’s in MKE, as there isn’t a ton in the Wausau area. :wink:

4 Likes

Aw man, now I am too. @Jdalart bought a case at a gas station on the way home from wausau that he shared, that was a hell of a beer.

1 Like

editWrong tag meant to ask karmaportrait

Spotted cow made me want to rip my tongue out, any recommendations other than that? I might have to pick some up on the drive home.

It’s been years since I’ve had any so I’d defer to the Wisco / midwest crew here with what’s currently available.

Not with that attitude.

2 Likes

I’m out of vacation time, so I’ll have to be there for just saturday and sunday if at all now.

correction: I will not be attending worlds this year. Best of Luck.

1 Like

Just booked my trip, but I’m not coming in until Friday night. Very excited for this, been playing cards competitively for most my life, but I’ve never actually made it to a major convention or event.

Looking forward to meeting you folks

2 Likes

When I get a beer I tend to just order local brews, and they’re almost never the same. I wouldn’t go that far about spotted cow, but its certainly not a beer I’d choose to drink if there was something better on the menu. That’s mostly because when I drink beer, my tastes lean towards liquid bread. Spotted cow is way to light for that.

I hail from PA originally and Pittsburgh has one of the best micro-brewery scenes right now. But, WI rivals them if you get off the beaten path.

I drink so sporadically though that I almost never remember the name of what I’ve had. So, basically, there are better beers here than spotted cow… good luck finding them?

1 Like

That sucks, was looking forward to hanging out more after meeting at Nationals. :frowning:

1 Like