Nationals & Worlds Roll Call

Not all national champions are flown in. Learned that the hard way in nationals in Netherlands.

Same with the Finnish Nationals. I am not sure if FFG sponsors the flights, it’s more about the local distributer by my understanding.

I believe that is correct, based on past conversations.

1 Like

IM getting all my stuff in order and I will see you all there
I think I will be there on the Wednesday and looking to get some beers that night

2 Likes

Where is everyone planning to stay? I haven’t booked anything yet.

That hotel that’s right by FFG. x/update/x Raddison, (In Friday I believe)

Anyhow, I’ll be at worlds along with a buddy from Madison. Not expecting to place highly, but can’t really pass up the opportunity to get more reps in and be the guy who ruins one of your days through variance. :wink:

1 Like

I, unfortunately, will not be at worlds. :frowning: That means I’m counting on you all to have a strong showing, since all those easy games you would have against me won’t happen. :laughing:

Here is a tidbit I wrote about booking for Worlds:

I hope that link works.

Also @Jamieson a group of us are going to go up the street to a bar that is doing a cask beer thing on Wednesday night. You interested?

Radisson, as @dashakan noted, has a discounted rate if you note you’re with FFG/their con. Close, and $99/night for 2 queens, IIRC.

Our car (myself, @Nordrunner, @Paranoid, Aaron Andries) will be up THU afternoon.

What are you guys doing until the tournament on Saturday?

Also I’m down for drinking Friday night after I win the Conquest championship.

Drinking, for sure. We’ll be bringing some beers. Aaron and I are doing Conquest on FRI. If I crap out, I may jump over into the ANR 3P tourney on Friday.

Beers? Are you 21 then? :kissing_heart:

Do they do any prize support for the non-championship tournaments?

I was thinking the same thing about conquest about switching to the netrunner tournament, but sleeping and drinking sound better if there’s no prize support.

1 Like

Seriously, It’s probably worth going just to party with all of the net celebrities that we have in the midwest. Screw mousepads and monogram purses.

and I am NOT just saying that because my ebay account got suspended.

2 Likes

I mean, I’m not saying I’m going to get drunk the night before worlds.

I’m saying I’m going to be pants-on-head wasted.

1 Like

FFG is always giving away stuff. There’ll be something, but it might be anything. For the draft during regionals they gave out summer promos (this was before the kit had been distributed). Could be something similar or could be more summer prizes or maybe they’ve had something lying around waiting for this occasion. I’d be surprised if there was nothing. But it may be something you could pick up in the general course of things.

1 Like

I think we’re at the Days Inn or something, the 3 of us from Portland that are going. I think we are all getting in Thursday afternoon, though.

They usually give away something. Since they’re calling them ‘Winter’ tourneys, I’m guessing it’ll be the Winter season kits. Might be more. The first draft ever last year, every pod winner got a set of the Regional 2013 plastic IDs. Anything that cool would be appreciated. Anything less is expected.

2 Likes

I live in the Twin Cities and am interested in good beer.

77 drafts?

Brewed on-premises?

There’s a lot more where that came from…

3 Likes

Hopefully more agenda tokens for those of us who have trouble counting to 7. I’m doing pretty good with counting to 5 and 8, but I still get stuck on 7.

2 Likes