Netrunner Community in Milwaukee

Really wish I could make it. Sadly I have to be up at 5 the next morning. Is this at all looking to be a reoccurring thing?

Not sure, maybe?

Finally am all moved into town! Ready to run some nets!

1 Like

ANR practice/meetup this Thursday at the 42 Ale Haus. Iā€™ll be there from 5P to close.

http://42alehouse.com/

1 Like

Itā€™s finally happening, and now Iā€™m gone. :frowning:

Update on my end! Had a great time at the ANRPC Qualifiers my 2nd weekend in the state. Thanks to @spags and company for the welcoming invitation.

Managed to finish top 4 and qualify. Sadly, I have a wedding to attend the weekend of GLC Finals so I canā€™t make it.

Been playing at Board Game Barrister. Trying to work with management to form a league and get around the stupid game night few.

Have had up to 4 to 8 players there. All relatively new to the game, but are looking to really dig in and get more competitive.

Looking for some suggestions on how to push the store leagues in MKE and get better support for GNK leagues and tournaments.

Thoughts

2 Likes

Have them order kits. Consistent nights. Run a league with fun achievements.

Board Game Barrister has at least one GNK there. Iā€™m sent them a league proposal and working on trying to get something rolling there. Iā€™ll post back here with anything I find out. Will go to Game Universe this week and get a feel for the LCG crowd there.

Would anyone be willing to help champion league play in the area or maybe promote a new-player event at one of the stores?

I donā€™t know about you all, but Iā€™m used to paying 2-5 dollars to sign up for a 6-session league.

League achievements and standings are often along the lines of using ELO to keep track and having achievements count as bonus wins against various ELO levels depending on achievement difficulty. Here are some examples of what Iā€™ve taken part in. Let me know your thoughts.

I actually got some positive feedback from Board Game Barrister on organizing leagues and tournaments (hopefully getting them to get some surplus GNKs). The group here is looking at organizing a tournament mid to late October and possibly use it to get more people in the area to the game nights.

@aandries, How did you go about scheduling a newer player event/tournament at the 42 Ale House?

2 Likes

GNK Tournament on the 24th at Board Game Barrister!

2 Likes

Reminder of the GNK tournament this weekend. No Data and Destiny for the event.

Most people are first-time tournament goers and relatively new to the game. Good event for newer players or to bring goofy stuff.

Going to try some decks Iā€™be never used before for the hell of it.

1 Like

Donā€™t bring Worlds decks, then? No DLR? :wink:

1 Like

If you want to bring it, go nuts. I donā€™t want to limit people in any way. I like playing against it because of the challenge.

Played with it a few times there and havenā€™t lost yet. One guy got close with NEH Turtlebacks.

On The runner side Kit and Noise has been around plenty.

The players have liked seeing top-down decks in action to see what can be done. A few response were ā€œcool!ā€ and they tried to come up with ideas to beat it.

Some might net deck and the quality of play has been going up. They have their surprises.

There are a few players from Game Universe where the quality of player is higher.

Not sure what decks will be brought, but the player skill is on the new to intermediate level, but they are catching on quickly.

Probably will be good for them to play against solid decks, but you will also have the freedom to truck that stuff without having high stakes.

Iā€™m bringing New stuff for me to see what I can do with other decks out of my comfort zone.

1 Like

Is there a place where these events are posted like a Facebook group? If like to come down from Sheboygan if I donā€™t work. Thereā€™s not a whole lot of structured stuff up here.

MKE doesnā€™t have a FB group.

There is an LCG group with about 10 members for MKE. Iā€™ve been posting there and in Netrunner Geeks for events.

Iā€™d love to try and get more people in the group if possible, but havenā€™t tried pushing it yet.

Do we know how many rounds? Iā€™ve got my daughter and Iā€™m ā€œthinkingā€ of coming with her anyways. Sheā€™s played a few times and I could give her some basic decks to play too. Or she might tell me to just go so she can nap for 4 hours, I think sheā€™ll have ran a cross country race that morning.

1 Like

Based on the RSVPs for the event most likely 4 rounds.

1 Like

No cut?

Just swiss

1 Like