Netrunner Community in Milwaukee

What about the new 42 Lounge in St. Francis TUE or THU? Open until midnight, food until 10, alcohol all night.

Sounds great to me. I’ve got one complication that may throw a wrench into the works however. My wife is pregnant with our first. If she goes into labor a bit early I’d have to duck out. Sorry for not making that clear up front. If you are still game, I think Tuesday would be the preferred evening to prevent the aforementioned, impending birth from getting in the way. If she does start laboring any time before the meetup I’ll be sure to post here.

If you’d rather not be waiting in limbo we could certainly reschedule for some point after my daughter arrives. On the other hand, if you’re still up for it, what time would work for you.

2 Likes

Terrible excuse. :wink:

@aandries, care to come down to 42 Ale Haus TUE or THU?

1 Like

Either should work for me. I would bet Joe would be up for it as well :slight_smile:

The politeness level of @murse’s post is astounding - isn’t “sorry, my wife went into labor” the sort of retroactive excuse that normally works just fine in any civilized society for pretty much anything up to (and possibly including) invading a foreign country (depending on the country being invaded, of course)? :smiley:

3 Likes

My wife went into labor right around 3AM actually. Wellwishes certainly are welcomed from all. Sorry that I won’t be able to make it, but at least it instigated an meetup for you guys. Thanks for having been willing to put something together and again for being flexible.

I’ll have to stay in touch and let you guys know when I’ll be free to get some games in when things settle. I’ve got a really supportive wife who really supports my hobby so she’s already given me the go-ahead. We’ll see what things look like in a two weeks or so. Depends if baby is as supportive of netrunner.

5 Likes

People from Wisconsin are extremely nice. You get to a 4 way stop and people wave you to go on first even if they were there first sometimes. It might be something in the water, or it might be our proximity to Canada. The world will never know.

4 Likes

'Grats on the baby! Hope all the best in health.

We’ll do a 42 meetup in a week or two, then. They actually requested we have a beginners night. May tie it in.

2 Likes

Finally got some interviews lined up. Hopefully be out there in the next month or so.

1 Like

Thanks man. Everyone’s doing awesome. I’ve been catching up on my netrunner content while rocking her and just saw your last appearance on Bad Publicity last evening. Since it looks like you have at least a passing interest in Hailey (and that I will likely be unable to do any in person testing before the Madison regional) I thought I’d post a deck here that I’ve been toying around with. I think the core concept is solid, but I’m not sure about the execution.

Hayley "Cache"plin

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar

Event (13)
3x Diesel
2x Game Day
3x Modded
2x Scavenge
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Box-E •
3x Clone Chip
1x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (11)
2x Aesop’s Pawnshop
3x Daily Casts
3x Earthrise Hotel
1x Kati Jones
2x Symmetrical Visage

Icebreaker (5)
1x Atman
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1
1x Gordian Blade
1x Mimic •

Program (10)
3x Cache •••
1x Clot ••
1x D4v1d ••••
1x Datasucker •
1x Medium •••
3x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)

Any thoughts (including “this is trash”) would be much appreciated. I sadly have a high degree of Johnny in me as can be witnessed here. If this idea gets shot down I’ll probably bring a PPVP Kate build I’ve been using for a while and just throwing in a clot.

1 Like

You can’t rely on mimic in Madison, need an escape valve. FYI

He has (a) Sucker. That helps. A Femme may be nice, but pricey.

Why Game Day over QT? The Box E? Not worth it. I would use that INF for Femme/Utopia/Stimhack/Yog/Sucker #2/etc. Make it an Astrolabe.

1 Plas needed? Feel like you should go 2 or 0, unless you pack Utopia. Also, Modded seems OK, but not too great here.

Yeah, people love their murdering sentries here.

2 Likes

This has been my experience in Minnesota as well. I will be waiting to cross the street (illegally, aka not at a crosswalk) and a car driving 40+mph will stop and wave me across. Never ceases to amaze me. In DC or Baltimore they will completely ignore you, and if you try to cross anyways they may just go ahead and hit you.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Made me happy

3 Likes

In Canada the driver rolls down their window and apologizes for being on the road around you.

3 Likes

Murdery Sentries are how we get out all that aggression so we can leave the store and be downright pleasant to everyone.

2 Likes

Game day had been doing some work for me in the early stages of testing as I was frequently going to 1 card in hand. For a while it’s been losing the punch it had initially. Should definetly be QT. Not sure how I missed it.

I like the idea of dropping the Box-E for the Astrolabe. Initially I had been running the Box as the additional hand size let me keep more cards in reserve for installing during the corp’s turn. The potential card draw and the lower install cost are good in and of themselves. The fact that it frees me up to include Utopia Shard is the Kicker. I needed some HQ hate. It’ll be nice to drop the plascrete as well.

Modded will come out. I’m thinking +1 Scavenge for sure. Additionally, I like the idea of Femme. I may do some shuffling by pulling mimic, adding a sharpshooter in the plascrete slot, and using femme as my primary killer.

1 Like

Hey, is anyone from Milwaukee planning on heading out to the Regional Tourney in Middleton? Looking to carpool if anyone’s got a spot available. Happy to chip in for gas.

Hey MKE crew. I’ll be hosting a Netrunner (Netrookie Night) at The 42 Ale House in St. Francis. Plenty of games to be had, so if you are looking to have fun, learn the game, or sharpen your skills, show up and have some fun. I’ll bring the decks I won the Madison Regional with on Saturday, you can pilot them if you’d like. Hope to see you there!

Oh yeah, it’s totally free! Bring nothing and have a great time!

See Event:

6/4 - @ 7:00PM
42 Ale House
3807 South Packard Ave.
Saint Francis, WI 53235
(414) 249-4952
answers@42lounge.com

4 Likes