Netrunner Storage

This is what I use - there’s several size variants of the boxes, the one that you can see on the photo to the right is perfectly sized for three rows of standard-sized CCG cards. Right now I have my collection (7 core sets, 4 of each data pack and deluxe) in 7 of these boxes, one per faction. Starting to get a little tight in some places, but if I move all neutral cards into an 8th box, should be set for a while still.

Alphabetically by type in a doomtown core box with cardboard trays that I glued up from recycled boxes. I use online builders for deck design and I bring some extra cards or pen and paper when im practicing so im only travelling with decks token box and playmat.

113 Core set cards, 120 genesis cycle, 55 C&C, 120 spin cycle, 55 H&P, 60/120 lunar cycle. 523-583 total cards. Assuming double-sided 9 slot pages, you’ll need at least 30, 33 if you want to go to the end of the cycle.

You’ll definitely want more than that though. I recommend never putting two factions in the same sheet or you’ll have to re-arrange everything for every data pack. And if you want to arrange them by anything other than card number, you’ll want even more of a buffer.

2 Likes

I’m a bit surprised by how many people use card sleeves. I guess I’m in the minority here, but that seems like such a pain to me. It seems even worse if you keep them sorted by expansion, or card number. I couldn’t imagine trying to remember what card came from what expansion.

I use a large card box, sorted by corp/runner -> card type -> faction. All my cards are sleeved, so while I admit that it took awhile to sleeve all my cards and they take up more space in the box, it takes me almost zero time to put a deck together now.

With 8 decks made everything fits perfectly, if only my 2 competition decks are made, things get quite snug but fit okay. Good for people with 1 core set and 1 of all the datapacks though.

1 Like

How do people store their playmats? I keep mine folded up and I worry that it damages it; anyone have a better way of doing it?

My FLGS sells playmat tubes for quite reasonable prices. I’m sure even if yours doesn’t, any decently-sized MtG store should have them in stock.

I just roll them up and cram em in my backpack… I get to use them like once every other month =(

I use these: Amazon.com

I picked one up for fairly cheap at GenCon '14. Any playmats I’m not using are stored in the extra-large tube I got by ordering two mats at once from InkedPlaymats.

2 Likes

Wow, $7 in US, £17 ($25 +|-) in Europe. Bummer…

My wife has this plan to have them all framed and hang them on a trophy wall. Hasn’t happened yet though, as our family fortune compares unfavorably to my level of success in card games. Until then, they’re all stacked neatly, lying flat on top of a wardrobe closet.

I feel like a giant jerk right now. I have them cramped up in a corner of my netrunner shelf and I’m using my Store Champ Wotan mat as mousepad for my pc

7 Likes

I just set up one of my as my mousepad too

After seeing that my friend has Reina with Deep Red protecting his laundry, I’m keeping my Silhouette on top of my washing machine.

I prefer to use these for storage - neutral, corp, runner (factions divided). It is easy to pull up faction, get out cards for decks and put everything back.

I really hate those boxes. For my cards I use the core set box(minus inlay), and everything fits sleeveless, box is getting quite heavy though

Edit: Rubber bands to keep every faction together

I put mine in a manila envelope under my mattress, not rubber banded or anything, just in there. I dump them all out onto my bed when I want to build a deck, then push them off the bed back into the envelope when I’m done.

4 Likes

This is almost crazy enough to be true

So I guess your back’s been hurting quite a bit for these past two years, right?

I have two 2" binders, one for runner and corp. I arranged my cards differently than most though. I organize by card type. All IDs at the front, then all ice, then all assets, then all operations, then all agendas. within their card subtype I further divide to keep all like-faction stuff together. For example…
IDs: HB, jinteki, NBN, weyland
ICE: HB, jinteki, NBN, weyland
Assets: HB, jinteki, NBN, weyland
Upgrades: HB, jinteki, NBN, weyland
etc…
When deck building, I like to see all my card type options at once rather than faction by faction. Helps me promote creativity

2 Likes