Netrunner Theory: First Turn Win

Yeah, this doesn’t work since Power Shutdown can’t be played. Runner didn’t run.

@StashAugustine

Thanks for your input, but if you read my latest post we are trying to come up with a win-in-hand which, once you have drawn the necessary starting hand is a ‘sure win’!

@prozz @krystman
We all know that. The puzzle here is to see if one can come up with a sure-win (with a given starting hand) provided one relaxes the power shutdown run condition. So far, the solution is 4 influence short. Join this puzzle and find a way out!

I don’t get it. There are many Accelerated Diagnostic combos out there. How about

HB:EtF

Starting Hand:

- Accelerated Diagnostics
- Power Shutdown
- Shipment from Mirrormorph
- Team Sponsorship
- Jackson Howard
- Efficiency Committee (Mandatory Draw)

Click 1: 
Shipment from Mirrormorph Jackson Howard, Team Sponsorship, and Efficiency Committee
Gain 1 credit through EtF ability
Rez Team Sponsorship
-> 4 credits left, 3 clicks left

Click 2:
Power Shutdown Deck
-> 3 credits left, 2 clicks left

Click 3
Jackson Howard + Accelerated Diagnostics

- Shipment from SanSan
- Shipment from SanSan
- Reclamation Order on Accelerated Diagnostics

-> 1 credit left, 1 click left

Score Efficiency Committee
Install Jackson Howard through Team Sponsorship

Click 4,5,6
Click Efficiency Committee
-> 1 credit left, 4 clicks left

Click 7

- Interns on a Project Vitruvius
- Shipment from SanSan
- Shipment from SanSan

-> 0 credits left, 3 clicks left

Score Project Vitruvius with 1 token
Install Jackson Howard through Team Sponsorship
Use Vitruvius Token to get a Hades Shard on hand

Click 8
Install Hades Shard
-> 0 credits left, 2 clicks left

Click 9
Click for credit
-> 1 credit left, 1 click left

Click 10

- Shipment from SanSan
- Shipment from SanSan
- Shipment from SanSan

Score Hades Shard
7 Points

Edit: Nevermind. Scratch that. Mis-counted the clicks.

Do you have a click to spare? It looks to me like you’re one click over (you’re scoring the Efficiency Committee on click 3 without using anything to add extra clicks). Am I missing something?

I don’t know what you mean. Efficiency Committee gives essentially 3 clicks. By the time it is scored I have one click left. So when I’m through clicking Efficiency Committee I’ll be back at 4 clicks. That’s enough for AD, install, credit, and a 2nd AD.

But you’re using all three clicks to score Efficiency Committee. Without adding a fourth click somewhere in the beginning, you can’t gain those EC clicks.

Corps only have three clicks, right? I’m not going crazy?

Ah, you’re right, I’m the one going crazy. Hmmm

@krystman Nice attempt! Too bad this click is missing! What I like in this puzzle is that it is hard, yet I feel like it should be possible (to have a sure win with either flatline or scoring).
You say they are many A.D. combo out there, but I don’t think there is any meeting the requirement of a ‘sure’ turn-1 corp win.
So the idea is to fill this gap in Netrunner theory and find out what would be the ‘sure turn one win’ for the Corp if we relax the power shutdown requirement, both via flatline and scoring.
Let’s see if we can crowdsource the solution or a fix to the extra click issue of your suggestion or the extra influence of mine. Thanks for your contribution keeping this thread live and kicking!

I almost had a second solution but then I realized that Subliminal works only once per turn.

There is an additional trick that can help: With Team Sponsorship out you can get 3 points of agendas for 3 advancement counters if you simply chain 3 Research Grants.

I just can’t seem to figure out how to get the 1st Efficiency Committee rolling. :frowning:

Simple dumb question, but is it clear that the efficiency committee text saying that “you cannot advance cards” doesn’t apply to “shipment from sansan”? It would be nice to make sure of this before looking too hard for a solution with ‘efficiency commitee’.
I like your addition of Team Sponsorship, I had not realized its potential in this context. This opens up new avenues (maybe using Research grant indeed).

I’m thinking of trying to see if something can be done with Weyland for the scoring route. The idea is a first A.D. involving shipment of san san on hostile takeover (+ subliminal messaging or biorotic + Reclamation order on A.D), then you can generate enough cash to get you going with 2 more Hollywood renovation for the win.

With HB and the efficiency committee route, the Bifrost array agenda might be of use, basically giving you three more clicks for an advancement cost of 3 only (but one less point). The question is indeed how to get the efficiency committee running? I think there is no option, you have to do it on the second A.D. On the first one you can maybe score domestic sleeper to trigger team sponsorship; this requires only one shipment of san san allowing you to play biorotic? But I think this is one credit short. (the idea was to get 7 points with sleeper+efficiency+bifrost+efficiency (given the number of clicks generated, it might be possible to find three to activate it).

Yeah Efficiency Committee + Shipment from San San is a cornerstone of Cerebral Imaging 1-turn win decks.

I don’t think scoring Sleepers will get you anywhere. It’s very click-intensive for just 1 point.

Bifrost is not really great either. It only works once you already have Efficiency Committee scored. By that time you are doing scoring with Shipment from SanSan. So a 3-advancement agenda may just as well be a 4-advancement.

I think Biotic Labor is too expensive for this. You would need to spend clicks/Accelerated Diagnotics spots for economy. So you won’t actually gain any clicks with it. Subliminal Messaging is good but it gives just 1 click and can be used only once.

My idea was along those lines

Identity GRNDL : 10 cr / 10 influence points (blown up below again :()

cards in hand:

Team Sportsmanship
Team Sportsmanship
Jackson Howard
Shipment from Mirrormorph
Acclerated Diagnostic
Power Shutdown from mandatory draw

click #1:

Shipment from Mirrormorph → Team Sportsmanship, Team Sportsmanship, Jackson Howard (-3 cr)

click #2: (assuming power shutdown is playable, as assumed in this puzzle [see previous comments] )

power shutdown → all deck in archive (-1 cr)

click #3:

trigger jackson #1 + acc. diagnostics (-1cr ) into

interns on jackson #2
reclamation order (-1cr) to get 2 accelerated diagnostics
subliminal messaging (+1 cr)

click #4:

trigger jackson #2 + acc. diagnostics (-1cr ) into (1 influence pt)

interns on hostile takeover (sporstman brings in another hostile and jackson)
shipment from san san on hostile takeover (+ 7 cr)
biorotic (-4cr)

click #5:

trigger jackson #3 + acc. diagnostics (-1cr ) into

shipment of san san on takeover #2 and install both hollywood renovation with sportsmanship (+7 cr)
biorotic (-4 cr)
biorotic (-4 cr)

click #6-#10: (5 in total)

Advance 5 times an hollywood renovation for a total of 7 points. (-5 cr)

That would be pretty awesome (again, all credits used), but again it uses too much influence. :frowning:
(especially because I cannot distribute one biorotic per A.D. because subliminal must be played first. So I need two biorotic so that all hopes of keeping influence under control are lost)

I’m now giving up on weyland for the scoring win. We are left with HB (unless you convince us that there is really no way to make efficiency committe work ). What about NBN then? It must be possible to make the 1-turn astrotrain work no?

What about the flatline route? I feel like it should be feasible too.

Alright here we go:

NBN:NEH

Starting Hand:

- Accelerated Diagnostics
- Power Shutdown
- Shipment from Mirrormorph
- Jackson Howard
- Jackson Howard
- Breaking News (Mandatory Draw)

Click 1: 
Shipment from Mirrormorph Jackson Howard, Jackson Howard, and Breaking News
-> 4 credits left, 3 clicks left

Click 2:
Power Shutdown Deck
-> 3 credits left, 2 clicks left

Click 3

- Subliminal Messaging
- Archived Memories on Accelerated Diagnostics
- Shipment from SanSan on Breaking News

-> 3 credits left, 1 click left

Score Breaking News, Runner gets 2 tags

Click 4

- Beanstalk Royalities
- Scorched Earth
- Traffic Accident

Possible flatline through 6 Meat Damage

-------------------------------------

Influence Count: 12

1x Accelerated Diagnostics   (2 inf)
1x Power Shutdown            (2 inf)
1x Shipment from Mirrormorph (2 inf)
1x Beanstalk                 (1 inf)
1x Scorched Earth            (4 inf)
1x Traffic Accident          (1 inf)

I hope I got it right this time.

Nice! You nailed that one, good job!
You can even avoid the off-faction beanstalk by replacing it with the in-faction sweeps week if you swap it with shipment from SanSan that you would play on the second A.D.
And with NEH you even get one more chance of getting the missing piece when you mirrormorph!

Imagine if you had this starting hand in a real game :smile:. You wouldn’t even have to do anything on your first turn and If the runner runs, he dies! (provided he doesn’t steal/trash a combo piece from your hand that is, or install a plascrete).:slight_smile:

Ok, so what about the scoring route now? You think it is feasible? Clearly harder for sure, but it is the ultimate challenge!

I don’t think scoring is possible just yet. Best chance is probably HB. But I always end up 1 click short.

I swear to god if I see this…
Richard Garfield wants to congratulate you guys for breaking the game

Scoring is possible thanks to SanSan cycle.

BABW starts with 2x AD, Hollywood Renovation, Vanity Project

5 creds 3 clicks left: play AD for Subliminal-Hedge-Biotic.
6 creds 5 clicks left: play AD for Mirrormorph (install both agendas) - 2x Shipment on Hollywood.
4 creds 4 clicks left: Manually advance Hollywood 4x, allowing you to overscore both agendas (Hollywood has 8adv, Vanity 7adv)

On the other hand, it is perfectly possible for the Runner to win without taking a click, also thanks to SanSan cycle. In fact it can be done without AD!

Same start but with Hedge and 2x Offer You Can’t Refuse in place of ADs. Play all 3 events, always targeting HQ and watch the runner helplessly pull Hollywood and Vanity from your hand.

1 Like

5 creds 3 clicks left: play AD for Subliminal-Hedge-Biotic

You need to Power Shutdown the deck first. Also, you have no Jacksons for any of the Accelerated Diagnotics. Perhaps I missed something.