NetrunnerDB is dead :(

Been ever running fast?

3 Likes

When I’ve been up around 3am EST it’s respectably fast - plan your deck building accordingly.

1 Like

Everyone knows the best decks are created in the Hour of the Wolf.

1 Like

Traffic has more than doubled since NetrunnerDB went down, so that’s not super surprising.

Might look at new hosting, but on the other hand… might still get a C&D.

Is this comment worth it to necro this thread?

8 Likes

Not to add fuel to the flames, but I think this might be of interest. AEG about DoomtownDB:

We are pleased to welcome to the Doomtown: Reloaded fan community DoomtownDB. This excellent new resource will allow you to build and save deck lists, share them with the community, and offer comments and help to others working on their deck designs. Developer Alsciende launched the site this weekend and is continuing to improve the functionality. Check it out today!

Also we want to continue to show our gratitude towards people like Alsciende, as well as the many other great community developed resources that are popping up every day. Just a few:

[…]

• Doomtown: Reloaded on OCTGN – Got a great deck you need to try out before the tournament? Load it into OCTGN and give it a go!

This is just a small list, there are many amazing players out there promoting the game and we are deeply thankful for all of them. Keep rounding up those posses!

(Emphasis mine.)

11 Likes

Jinteki.net is still up and constantly updating. It’s almost playable. What’s up with that?

That’s pretty hilarious, really. I mean, in a sad sort of way.

2 Likes

hats off to Alsciende

What’s up with that is that the decision to kill NetrunnerDB was unrelated to jinteki.net. NRDB evidently got killed off because it was way more popular than FFG’s own tools.

And again, yeah: tip o’ the hat to Alsciende!

2 Likes

Not sure why you are assuming this. Both sites received a C&D letter on the same day. Seems related to me.

Given that one is still up and the other is not, I don’t think I am assuming anything about the reasoning behind the C&D’s. I’m a data-driven analyst at heart :).

At the time, a common belief was that jinteki.net’s online “gameplay” and/or use of the NRDB API and/or all deckbuilders were going down, i.e. that the two cases were related. However, no other deckbuilding sites were targeted, and jinteki.net is under active development, a sharp contrast to FFG’s unwillingness to work with NRDB at all. So it isn’t online gameplay (which NRDB didn’t have) or deckbuilding (which many places do) that was the issue. I’d think it was the api thing, but we know that NRDB offered to alter or remove that feature and that didn’t get anywhere.

I conclude, then, that there’s nothing other than coincidental timing indicating a relationship between the two cases. I haven’t seen the text of either C&D nor heard why jinteki.net was allowed to remain up; if we had that then obviously we’d know for sure.

You don’t know Jinteki.net is allowed to be up. Could be that the guy running jinteki.net is just defying the C&D.

4 Likes

Exactly as @cspieker said - this is your unfounded assumption. Could very well just be different approaches to receiving a C&D. NRDB’s “it’s your right to tell me to go away, so I’m going away” vs. Jinteki.net’s “C&D doesn’t really mean anything, go do something about me” .

Exactly what @cspieker and @PeekaySK said.

When corporations issue C&D letters there is rarely the expectation that people will comply right away. In fact, often C&D letters never get a response and the corporation never follows up, especially when the corporation is a small company with a limited legal budget.

I’m assuming eventually FFG will send jinteki.net another C&D, but it’s also fairly likely that they will do nothing further - which was why I was disappointed that @Alsciende took down NRDB so quickly. In short, he could have waited it out for sure. But, it wasn’t my decision to make, of course. :smile:

1 Like

Hello all. I hope I’m not hallucinating, but… is NetrunnerDB back?

5 Likes

woot woot! Looks like it! :smiley:

Thanks, @Alsciende

Well, I guess I get to put my “#FreeNetrunnerDB” playmat away…

Let it be true!

So is this like Netrunner Easter?

4 Likes