New Angeles Sol

Ok, so Quicksands all the way, then.

Because 1c advantage on sentries is good, but 1c advantage on sentry / barriers is better. With paywalls or Lagtimes and Boom 2c advantage, aka 1 late runner click there, per run. Aka per runner that just paid a clic = half a runner turn, for an access.

Oh, and please, no “dies to parasite” comment :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
You made this 6 month ago, and globally I wouldn’t exchange a single quicksand for 2 WoS :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Seriously, “I think” I saw the light there. I think this ID is NBN#2. Honestly.

And Quicksand is soooooo underrated, that’s it’s always a,pleasure to play it.

3c etr, runner come back with a breaker then after that, things are fun. 3 schools aka
1- “I will make you loose 1c by never running there” -> gg dummy, it’s an etr ice
2- “I just don’t care” -> gg dummy, you makes my credit advantage better & better, oh I learnt NBN sacrifices u know…
3- “I’m hesitating” aka a little of #1 and #2

Or secret school #4 I’m gonna parasite you, which is even better, due to click draw/install/run & costs & lightening rod effects.

Seriously ? Just, light :slight_smile:

Potentials of workload with SOL are trully awesome !! Just give her 17inf and it’s a NEH power level :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s my swing at the deck after July’s updates.

Dropped the single Ash for a single Caprice. An alternate strategy would be to pack two Ash, but I’ve found that he’s just not as good with some of the mid to high link Runners that are popping up. Caprice is good all the time, though PolOp is a concern.

Back to 3x Fast Track and 2x Interns. Keeping SanSan up at all times and pulling agendas out of the deck super fast is very necessary after Astro became Limit 1 Per Deck. If they steal your 3/2s, you’re screwed. So, you need to score them bandersnatches as quick as possible.

The agenda suite, of course, has to change. So, the two Astro we’re not allowed to play anymore came out and in their place are a third Beale plus NAPD. This alternatively could be an Exploda or (barf) Merger, but I ultimately chose NAPD because it works pretty well with Tollbooth, this deck is already rich most games, and Merger has a huge freakin’ down side that makes it in no way worth it.

looking good. This is actually the deck my mind went to first when the new MWL hit as it’s an NBN deck with good legs that doesn’t need the 'train and doesn’t rely on tags (from BN).

wondering @ predictive algorithm: has it done much work for you? seems a bit weird as a one-of when it could simply be a 3rd targeted marketing; maybe you’re thinking TM is in a weaker spot now that you can’t just say “faust” in 99% of games and be done with it? I’d like to hear your thoughts.

personally I’d love to squeeze product placement back in here. pre MWL I was crushing folks bluffing it as everything from an ash to a sansan to an HQ crisium to an agenda… you name it, those little bastards could pretend to be it, and they’d drag the same runner through a 12 cr. remote a half dozen times a game on a regular basis.

can you talk about 3x fast track? are you pulling astro early and letting them run at it for a turn? obviously it’s a power card but w/o the SSCG empowered astro train 3x strikes me as a lot.

I find I don’t want multiple Targeted Marketing throughout the game, though in certain matches it sucks not seeing it early. I figure with Paywall also being a solid early Current that’s only a concern vs Criminals, though. I hadn’t even thought about MWL affecting my calls.

Algorithm is great. If they go low on cred, it can protect you from R&D digs. Plus, you can swap to it on the middle of an R&D dig to protect yourself on continued access. It is just a personal preference, though. I like that it gives more more options in the 0c Current slots. But I could easily see it going out for another Marketing if you’re thinking that.

Fast Track kind of gums the works, but it forces runs and lets you score aggressively. I hate having 3x, but you want to see it ASAP, especially if you’re just waiting to score or are R&D locked. If we still had 3x Astro, I actually like it at 2x because I found I really just scored the first Astro and 15 or Food off a natural draw a lot.

Oh, and Placement is good. I don’t know what I’d cut, but that’s a nice card. I’ll have to think on it.

1 Like

Targeted Marketing seems really good vs Bazaar Replicator since you get to name Spy Cam and get 60 creds every time they combo wombo :smiley:

6 Likes

Holy Mother of God. Yeah. That seems tight.

If only targeted marketing decks were playing 60 credits worth of ice

2 Likes

Make a rush deck with cheap ice. Add Sandburg in case they decide to ignore the TMs.

5 Likes

Or SEA Scorch.

They’re usually playing 60 credits worth of traces…

1 Like

Yeah, primarily and especially the one on ash or the ones on assassin when they try to pay through

Good point, flare sucks anyway

Here’s where I am at now that we’ve had some time to adjust to MWL2.0:

Solfood: Back to the Future Edition
New Angeles Sol: Your News (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (10)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)
1x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ●●●
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
2x The Future is Now (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (6)
1x Caprice Nisei (Double Time) ●●●●
1x Crisium Grid (First Contact)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (14)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)
2x Paywall Implementation (The Spaces Between) ●●●●
1x Predictive Algorithm (The Valley)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
2x Targeted Marketing (The Spaces Between)

Barrier (3)
3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (9)
2x Archangel (Data and Destiny)
1x Little Engine (Chrome City)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
3x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (4)
1x Assassin (Data and Destiny)
3x News Hound (Data and Destiny)

12 influence spent (max 15, available 3)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I didn’t like Caprice in my initial build after the new MWL hit because it was hard to find and 4 Influence for the trouble. So, I went back to Ash. Spare Influence was used for Breaking News and a Corporate Troubleshooter.

Breaking News was great, but Ash never got installed most games because of the Sports Hopper and Rabbit Hole nonsense floating around. Corporate Troubleshooter was just awful because it was single use and there’s no punishing/trash ICE in the deck.

After thinking for a bit, Caprice is still the right call. However, she’s not that great as a 1x. So, how do we get more of her? My answer was to drop the Breaking News for The Future is Now so that we could get a bit of searching power.

So, now the deck has 1x Caprice and 2x virtual copies. Just score a TFIN off a SanSan or as a Never Advance play in your remote, or Install > Advance. Worst case you bait a taxing run for 1 point. Search Caprice after. Even if you draw into her naturally, TFIN is still good because it lets you get econ, ICE, or even other agendas.

Troubleshooter comes out for Crisium. With more Runners adding Currents, we can’t rely on Targeted Marketing to protect us. Plus, this think has more impact than Troublshooter because, worst comes to worst, you can use it as a tax on R&D to discourage Medium or Keyhole.

Assassin and/or Archangel might need a hard look too. Depending on how prevalent mid to high link continues to be, these might need to come out for other ICE. Actually, the whole suite needs a tune-up to be perfectly honest.

The only things I am certain of at this point are the first 9x ICE are: News Hound, Tollbooth, and Pop-Up. These are the core. The soul, if you will. Other than that, we need to look at the meta. Stay tuned for my next update…

1 Like

Is Caprice pulling her weight post Rumor Mill?

2 Likes

More than Ash. That is a concern still, but with smart play you can bait a Mill plant with a Jackson or 1 pointer and then replace it with your own Current.

Against MaxX, who has enough SOT to constantly recur it, she often can’t get into your remote unless she Siphons you really low (low enough to stop News Hound rez), so she’s less needed. Plus, Crisium.

I would like more Interns, though. To get back Caprice or Crisium.

1 Like

With 10 agendas and 2 FiN, you can change a Fast Track into an Interns ? And a Sansan into a third one ?

Or maybe your Sansan FiN train is more important than that ?

You should try Red Herrings maybe, with Predictive algorithm. But maybe this is another deck.

I’m gonna try a Scarcity Sol once the next data pack is out. I feel like turn 1 SOR is oppressive for most Runner builds

2 Likes

I forgot to mention this one @Orbital_Tangent. Maybe you can give it a few runs and enjoy it. I might go back to tweaking it some other time.

ELP Sol

New Angeles Sol: Your News

Agenda (10)
1x AstroScript Pilot Program
3x Breaking News ★★★
3x Global Food Initiative ●●●
3x Project Beale

Asset (8)
3x Jackson Howard
2x Launch Campaign
3x Marked Accounts

Upgrade (1)
1x Bernice Mai

Operation (16)
1x Archived Memories ●●
1x Closed Accounts
3x Enhanced Login Protocol ●●●●● ●
1x Exchange of Information
2x Hard-Hitting News
3x Hedge Fund
1x Psychographics
3x Sweeps Week
1x Targeted Marketing

Barrier (3)
3x Resistor

Code Gate (3)
3x Archangel

Sentry (8)
2x Data Raven
1x Gutenberg
3x News Hound
2x Turnpike

11 influence spent (max 15-3★=12, available 1)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

Cobra. Cobra. Coooobbbrrrraaaaaaaa

2 Likes

That’s actually a pretty good idea. Hot damn, I need to test that.