New Player Help MegaThread

The UK Netrunner Facebook group is your best starting place to find someone in the know, it’s certainly the most highly trafficked site for UK netrunnering stuff.

There is a Manchester Server facebook group, and discussion on the Tabletop Manchester group as well but I personally don’t know where you’re best bet will be (but someone in the UK group is sure too!).

Hello all,

Reasonably new player here,

So I have just a few questions involving Femme Fatale.

1. When Femme Fatale is trashed, does its ability linger on and still effect the chosen piece of ICE?

2. If the ICE being effected by its ability to bypass is somehow returned to hand/trashed and returned to the board again…is it still under its effects?

thank you in advance!

1. The bypass ability is an ability of Fem, so if Fem isn’t around you can no longer bypass that ice when you encounter it. If it is trashed mid run after you have bypassed that piece of ice, nothing happens because you are already past the piece of ice this run but you will have to encounter that piece of ice in future runs (unless you install a new Fem).

2. No, it’s effectively a new piece of ice. Fem’s bypass only targets on specified piece of ice when installed. If the ice leaves the board for any reason, then Fem no longer has the ability to bypass that piece of ice.

1 Like

great, thank you for the help!

So Iv’e been playing a lot of Jinteki recently and was wondering: In a server with both Caprice and Batty can you use Batty’s trash ability after a failed Caprice psi game? And if so, can you use a Nisei Mk II token to etr if you then fail the Batty psi game?

Yes, Caprice fires after the encounter with the last ice ends (which is why you have to rez her before the runner encounters the ice) and you can fire Batty/Nisei mk II before the run is considered successful.

so I’m pretty new to netrunner and I’m currently not to great at building deck’s

the sets i currently have are

• 2x core set
  • Data and Destiny
  • Business first
  • Old Hollywood
  • The Universe of Tomorrow
  • Chrome City

I’m looking for someone that can talk me threw the core of building a meta deck and maybe help me figure out what i should be looking for when I’m building a deck. if someone could recommend what data packs or expansions i should buy. maybe someone to help me comprise a deck list with what i currently have i would be really grateful :smile:

I’m not a master deckbuilder, but I might be the first to post in the thread here.

You have Data and Destiny, and two core sets, so you have lots of really good NBN cards.

SYNC seems to be least impacted by cards you are missing. Traditional Sync protects R&D, HQ, and one scoring remote with lots of Ice that only tags the runner, but is very expensive to break with icebreakers it runs just enough copies of operations that punish the runner for taking tags that accepting the tags is not worth it for the runner.
I tried to adjust the standard build to account for different elements of your collection, although a Sync expert might disagree on what direction to take.

SYNC: Everything, Everywhere (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) •••

Asset (7)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set) ••••• •
1x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
3x News Team (Data and Destiny)

Upgrade (3)
1x Disposable HQ (Business First)
1x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)
1x Keegan Lane (Data and Destiny)

Operation (6)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) ••
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
1x Psychographics (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (4)
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)
3x Resistor (Data and Destiny)

Code Gate (5)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Archangel (Data and Destiny)

Sentry (6)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Turnpike (Data and Destiny)
1x Assassin (Data and Destiny)

11 influence spent (maximum 15)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Business First

“Jackson Howard”, a card from Opening Moves, is universally regarded as the most important card in Netrunner. He is so important that many, myself included, would recommend proxying (turning 3 cards backwards in the sleeve and playing pretend) him if you don’t have him yet in order to begin practicing using the card’s abilities. I would remove Disposable HQ, Keegan Lane, and an Archangel from the list I posted to make room for him.

thanks for the help i did get 3 Jackson Howards from a net runner store event :smile: so will look at the deck list you recommended sync was something i was trying and didn’t quite hit the mark hopefully with what you have suggested i can learn some things about deck building in general thanks very much

netdeck common decks/archetypes and take them for a spin on jinteki.net.

if you enjoy the game as much as must of us do, you will end up buying all of the cards anyway.

1 Like

Here’s the take on Runner, based on the cards you have. Building a runner with your collection is kind of weird, because the only big box you have is Data and Destiny, and Data and Destiny’s 3 minifactions are all too weak to be used competitively.

You have a lot of cards that work nicely in classic Noise, and you have all the fixed breakers so you can use the Net-Ready fixed breakers combo that was proven to be powerful at Worlds (although it’s less popular now with the MWL, the influence penalty for using Yog.0 and certain other specific cards in tournaments)

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)
Event (6)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Immolation Script (Chrome City)

Hardware (8)
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
1x Grimoire (Core Set)
2x Turntable (Chrome City)
2x Net-Ready Eyes (Chrome City) ••••

Resource (12)
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set) ••••• •
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Technical Writer (Data and Destiny)

Icebreaker (7)
3x Corroder (Core Set)
3x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (12)
3x Diwan (Business First)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
1x Harbinger (Data and Destiny) •

11 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Business First

That’s a rough draft. If you can get a spare ID from a friend, you can probably use a different anarch ID and build a Netready fixed strength breakers deck that is less preoccupied with installing viruses and selling them to Aesop.

thanks yet again you have been a great help would it be okay if i added you on a soical media such as skype for any questions i might have :smile: if that is okay ill message you my skype name

Noise is awesome, but I would heed the advice of DH in this excellent article regarding playing him early on.

http://netrunners.co.uk/articles/running%20in%20netrunner.html

Play Gabe, running is the core of the game and learning the rewards and pitfalls of doing so will help a lot in the long run. Most of the good criminal cards are in the core set anyhow.

Sure. Or my facebook is fine, even, I’ve given up on keeping my friendslist from being overly inclusive anyhow.

Rojazu is right that you can miss out on learning a lot if you play some of the small subset of runner IDs that can win games without making runs and risky runs and encountering ice. This noise build has a bit less risk of that than a normal noise build though, since it’s spending influence on NetReady Eyes instead of Cache (a virus that makes more money so you can install more viruses so you can mill more cards, and helps Noise run even less.)

Now you know what I feel like.

I have
Malta Tempora
Fear and Loathing
What Lies Ahead
Future Proof
True Colors
Cyber Exodus
Humanity’s Shadow

It makes things interesting when Deckbuilding.

Hi, and welcome. We’ve got a special topic for these questions, so I’ll move you there.

Constraints can make deckbuilding more fun, which is why draft is a blast!

Greetings everybody…
Not sure where i should post it and it maybe a basic question so here it is

On the winning decklist page, i’m having trouble seeing the corp ID name as the window doesn’t seem big enough

How can i fix this?

Thx in advance