Next Deluxe Expansion? *Speculation Thread *

Word from Damon suggest a Core 2.0 is unlikely.

There’s a power spike for a faction when they get a new deluxe box (or at least there should be if the box is designed well). I think MWL might make those power spikes even more jarring, instead of “you got this cool new card but I still got Desperado” it’s like, “You got this cool 0 influence card, not sure if I can keep up with that”. Maybe they will work something else out. I’d be happy if they solved the issue by doing minifactions BUT -drastically- increased the number of neutrals in the box so that there’s competitive relevance.

One of the best times of my life.

1 Like

hm…I’d be very surprised if we see no other deluxe boxes, why shouldn’t they? It also makes sense from a business perspective I assume.

1 Like

NEXT Deluxe Expansion? Great idea for HB!

“God in Heinlein. What’s next, NEXT Platinum? - John Masanori”

4 Likes

Obviously it’d be Money & Money, the first Weyland/Weyland deluxe expansion. Since they havn’t gotten one yet.

10 Likes

I’m not sure they would dedicate a deluxe to a mini faction. FFG said they would only give them few support.

4 Likes

I meant brand new ones. I also doubt it though.

Sick burn.

13 Likes

Hmmm perhaps a deluxe box in the future that’s just a reprint of key cards most already have so they don’t rotate. Stuff like palscrete and so on. Saves reprinting them in every cycle/having a list for them and makes it easier for new players to get them.

They’ve stated they’re not really into that. That’s why stuff like Guru Davinder is getting printed.

1 Like

I would like to go on record stating I would very easily buy another big box. More of the game I love? More theme? Mechanics? Not advanceable ice? Awesome. Make advanceable ice better? Amazing.

Yes, I wonder how they’ll handle the issue of staple cards and reprinting. As even FFG has no experience with rotation in their LCGs it will probably be a learning process for them as well and we might see reprints anyway. In general, I’d also favour new cards with similar effects, like Guru Davinder rather than simple reprints though…