Official Breaker Bay datapack preview / Hayley Kaplan

Some people put PrePaid into that deck and just rely on finding it with QT/Diesel. I don’t think that’s a good idea (May misses make you sad) but Comet is probably worth it. You only need to see one copy, and it’s a huge boon to a deck that is going to play a few events each turn.

1 Like

Too bad that the only card partly spoiled is a Jinteki card. Now it’s a few months waiting before I know what it is…

1 Like

personally am hoping Hayley and Game Day can help to make Replicator decks a thing. the biggest issue with them is speed, and I find that if I could only set up 1 or 2 turns faster, I could be stomping many Corps. I prefer official FFG spoilers, with just a few cards, to full data pack spoilers. go Hayley and screw the Kate sell-outs =D

I think MOpus will be strong in Hayley. one of the only issues with MOpus is that it is click intensive. with Hayley and/or Comet, you can turn 1 click into 2 for events/installs while still MOpus’ing reliably.

it should be noted that Jinteki is not recognized as a malicious company by the general public. many people probably hold Jinteki in high regard for giving them medical technology/care. the psi stuff is mostly on the down-low, as far as I know, along with anything that goes on at Tennin. I’m sure Tennin attracts many of the youngest and brightest, definitely in the medical field and also likely many in anything like bio/chem

2 Likes

Click acceleration, cards that alow you to draw and increase handsize.

I smell Combo Play!

1 Like

Jank alert! Get 3 Origamis installed with the help of SMC and play Game Day. It’d be so worth it.

Agreed. Playing my kate magnum opus deck, its big tension is that everything I do (install clone chip? run archives?) has an opportunity cost of $2. While kate saves $1 on the installs, with magnum opus, hayley saves $1 on both (and that’s a worst case - maybe you need the click more, such as against RP).

1 Like

Uh, no. 10char

4 Likes

Yea, until Hayley can gain 8 from Opus and run, not as good as the Collective.

Nice-looking pack, love the themes they have going this cycle. Off-campus Apartment had better cost 0 and come along with a nice, red connection, otherwise I don’t see how you can justify playing it.

1 Influence isn’t a lot. It’s how I’d justify it!

The day I Elizabeth Mills a 3+ connection Off-Campus Apartment is the day I die happy.

6 Likes

Cards yet to be spoiled:

Kaplan University
Too Much Adderall
Chaos Theory’s Sexy Spring Break Wet T-Shirt Contest

5 Likes

Ah yeah, the shitty college student. Amped up so you can hit the Beach, Duggers, and Wyldside all in one day.

Do you think Casting Call may be for that ‘Runners Gone Wild’ movie?

(BTW, CT is a teen, you sickos)

5 Likes

Corporate town is making me wet.

Also Hayley/comet is pants on head stupid with modded.

2 Likes

Throw in a Replicator and you’ve got a real stew going.

It’s worth trying as a one-off I think. It’s not like there isn’t the draw to dig for it. And it means you’re playing five clicks for the rest of the game. Whether it is worth the Oracle wiffs remains to be seen. MaxX might go the same way if their event decks become a thing.

Sadly I don’t think Game Day is going to be doing much for the archtype. You don’t empty your hand much in an Oracle Deck and the hand size boosts are too much pressure on the non-event slots. Having said that, the best thing ever with Oracle decks is a rezed mental health clinic on the other side of the table, so maybe it’s worth examining.

Off-Campus Apartment looks like lots of fun, more likely in Criminal than Anarch though.

On the other hand, it saves them a buuunch of clicks, and many of their events don’t cost the full 3 credits – so it makes having 3 PPVP out much better.

Day Job into a Maker’s Eye, Legwork, or Stimhack? You need only one credit for the first two, and make a run with 10-19 without any visible economy. Even for PrePaid, that’s pretty good. It’ll also speed the deck up a bit, even if the speed isn’t ideal, and that as much as anything else seems like a pretty big gain, to me.

Looks like a March release? “Late Q1” at least. Guessing Valley for February, and then either no break after O&C (unlikely), or the rumored Source + O&C double-release December.

Beach Party + Game Day + Aesop’s seems like a fun little stupid combo. Spend three clicks drawing to 10 cards, then Aesop’s out Beach Party before you’d lose clicks and play everything down.

Also, juuust got “Haley’s Comet” and oh, wow, do I love whoever’s responsible for that.

4 Likes

She won’t be a teen forever
^__________________^

5 Likes

It’s a card game so she most likely will. I second the call for mind-bleach on that one.

1 Like

Do we know yet if there is an ID per pack in this cycle?