Official Breaker Bay datapack preview / Hayley Kaplan

Yeah, just ask those kids from rugrats. They went to middle school after almost twenty years in toddler-purgatory

While super gross, your post is reminding me of when there was a website dedicated to ticking down the time until the Olsen twins turned 18 years old. I lol’d.

I might be in love.

Not with CT, you sickos. With Hayley. <3 <3 <3

4 Likes

I’m wondering how Comet will interact with Priority Events. Does playing the bonus Event still count as the first click? If so, Account Siphon into Paper Tripping is pretty solid, and Early Bird into Early bird is two runs and a bonus click for the turn for 2 credits. Even if they don’t, Early Bird gives you a run and a bonus event for no clicks. Seems pretty solid to me.

2 Likes

Before I to go back and read all 43 posts above this one* - more spoilers already?! I’m neutral on the whole spoilers thing, but seriously.

*there was another post just while typing this, now 44

With Autoscripter you can install 2 programs from the grip for absolutely free!
Not sure if she will be janky or legit yet, but I’m betting she can get really janky really fast!

3 Likes

Are we sure that Jinteki card is not a misprint? Should be ‘Recruitment Trap’.

4 Likes

Hayley + Autoscripter + Chameleon (with Macrodrive or Sahasrara) :smiley:

1 Like

An offer you can not refuse?

1 Like

Maybe instead of interns we’ll get Ph.D students which can be further abused for the corp’s needs.

Hayley is going to be a real competitor to Kate, finally. She actually has a tempo and economy power that’s useful, while maintaining deckbuilding integrity.

So many times, I’ve found the cost to click for install far more punishing than just 1 extra credit savings from Kate (which also is often wasted due to multiple installs, or timing issues to get the SMC down, etc).

I think most decks can just be substituted 1:1 for a slightly different playstyle. But Hayley’s increased on-the-run install flexibility plus replicator synnergy may make her even better.

2 Likes

Holy crap. I just realized she can actually SMC something out from her hand.

6 Likes

Big hands in Anarch. Duggars. Ekomind…

Sweeps Week getting better, fellas.

1 Like

I don’t follow. Do you mean pop SMC mid-run and use her ability to install another from hand?

“All right! Double prizes!” - Sid

Exactly.

You can pop a clone chip or SMC mid run to install whatever. A Sharpshooter, Cache or any random thing. Or even something useful like a Corroder or Lady. Then get to install what you really wanted (Let’s say, your problem solving Parasite on that Komainu) from hand.

Yes, that. You no longer die to a surprise archer after realizing that sharpshooter is stuck in your hand.

5 Likes

She’s rotating out, so I’m afraid she won’t have time.

2 Likes

No, the fact that SMC and Clone Chip let you pop something out of hand with Haley remains incredible.

Also, just, T1 Play Opus + SMC, click Opus three times.

That’s not ideal always, obviously, but that’s preeetty darn good.

Then again, she’ll hate Accounting.

Word from snow-jax is that we’ll be getting Chronos Protocol. So it seems likely there’ll be an ID per pack, with three packs having two IDs, if that’s true.

I’m super excited about the ability to use Personal Workshop with Hayley, it’s always grinded my gears how the workshop actively screwed over Kate’s amazing ability. Now you can opus / procon to your hearts content, and install out of your grip when you need on the corp’s turn.

Also - when you install your workshop / procon, you can drop an all nighter for free! Drop 2 all nighters out of hand for a net 1 click boost!

Even without hand size increasers, emptying your hand with Kaplan is trivial.

5 cards in hand - end of corp’s turn - click something off the workshop - drop a card from hand.
4 cards in hand - start of turn - workshop clicks down - drop another card from hand
3 cards in hand - Click 1 drop something on workshop
2 cards in hand - Click 2 play an econ event
1 card in hand - Bonus Play from Comet - play Game Day?
Click 3 (spent on Game day?)
Click 4 - with 5 cards in hand - enjoy life?

Also - Day Job -> Stimhack!!! (compliments of Jinmaster Hinkes)

2 Likes