Official Dumblefork Thread

Played Whizzard for first time at NorCal Regionals Saturday and had a blast. Usually play Shaper or Criminal but threw deck together after seeing everyone practice/tech against IG the week before. Deck would have done better had I found Wyldside more than once all day and added more economy. Plan to play Whizzard the rest of the year before it rotates out.

Whizzard Master Gamer

Career Fair x2
Deja Vu x2
Employee Strike
I’ve Had Worse x3
Levy AR Lab Access
Sure Gamble x3
Vamp

Archive Interface
Clone Chip x2
MemStrips
Turntable x2

Clot
Datasucker x2
D4vid x2
Faust x3
Imp x3
Medium x2
Mimic
Parasite x3

Adjusted Chronotype x2
Liberated Accounts x3
Same Old Thing
Wyldside x3
Cards up to Democracy and Dogma.

I dropped the Career Fairs, Memstrips, Vamp and a Deja Vu for Symmetrical Visage, Daily Casts and E3 to better deal with Ashigarus, Hive etc.

One of the best things about 1.5 card and MU breaker suites is you absolutely don’t need memstrips.

One of the terrible things about Faust is that it lets people play terrible inefficient cards that they always use as blank cards and not realise it.

One of the best thing about Faust is that you can use usually terrible cards which will help you a lot from time to time. One tournament I played a Shaper deck with Faust and Aesop, has 1 influence left and added a Dorm Computer as I expected some tagging decks. I ended up using it to avoid tags with great results one game (against Argus), using it as Power Shutdown protection another game (against Chronos Protocol) and feeding it to Faust/Aesop multiple times in other games.

2 Likes

I think this deck should never install memstrips. I’ve played memstrips, I’m an apologist. This deck doesn’t need it.

I agree with your ‘one of the great things’ comment. I’m conflicted. Faust is too good.

1 Like

Memstrips is only for full rig Anarch not running Grimore.

1 Like

Yup. With a 1MU console Memstrips (or something else, but that seems to be best choice…) is sometimes needed if games go long and you need all those support programs (3x breakers, D4, Medium, DS and Parasite, which is not an unreasonable setup…but if you have Grimoire you can probably make do without one of those, but cutting two is tough!)

Is anyone trying to fit in Slums into Dumblefork and if yes, what do you take out?

I slotted it in. I took out a forked to put it in and it helps a ton during the IG match up. Slums + Strike means that Hostiles are basically turned off once per turn and although the game will be a grind you completely turn off the Bio-Ethics kill condition.

I am struggling to find space for e3 in my builds as I am getting really sick of all the multi-sub ice abound. Although I am not really sure if it warrants the slot as much as slums.

I don’t play dumble all that often, but E strike is far more damaging, easier to use, and cheaper (only barely). I might consider the second strike before the first slums, inflence permitting.

Strike may hurt Gagarin harder, but Slums hurts IG harder, and I think if you’re trying to shut down the really obnoxious decks, Slums is the only “real” answer. I’m going to try to fit 1-2 in myself.

1 Like

It depends a bit on the matchup. Emp strike is generally more useful against IG, but it’s also a lot easier to get rid of (most IG builds are packing at least a couple copies of a current these days). Slums is much more difficult to remove for most of the matchups where it’s worth installing (Mills out of Gagarin notwithstanding), and generally more useful against a wider variety of asset-spammy builds (Jeeves with a bunch of recursion, NEH temple, etc.). If RP Museum has a big surge, though, two Strikes starts to look better and better…

1 Like

Nonsense, I think every optimal Gagarin build should use MoH. You’re for sure on Mumbad City Hall anyway and putting non-agenda cards into R&D is powerful.

1 Like

I agree, I was just saying that the 1c-per-remote tax is more of a penalty vs. Whizzard specifically than the IG tax is. Both are annoying. In no way was I saying NOT to include Slums; Slums should be slotted for the short term at least.

Seconded. I think all Whizzard builds should at least find room for one copy.

I cut second Medium for Slums. It’s for IG; helps versus Gagarin but that match-up was already in Whizzard’s favor.

Hmm, that is an interesting thought. I had not considered the second medium.

Is employee strike less important now that slums is a thing?

Trying to gauge if clone chips are worth it. Seems good vs fast advance with a clot. But I guess the gameplan is just win quick vs fast advance and you already are running turntable.

Isn’t second medium too important against fastro to cut?

It seems pretty pivotal against the emerging HB FA decks as well. I’d think the second Medium is more important than one of the Sure Gambles the way the deck is structured, though I’m sure there’s a cut far better than Sure Gamble somewhere in there.

I agree, I wouldn’t cut the 2nd Medium. It depends on the individual list, but I’ve seen some people cutting Career Fair entirely, other running Dirty Laundries, some with Clone Chips and a Clot, others with no Clot. There’s no uniform Dumble list to work off of at this point, so there’s no singular cut to make. I think Inject, if you’re running both IHW and Inject, is the easiest and least painful cut, though I admit there are obvious synergies with Clone Chips and Injects.

A list with Inject isn’t Dumble, IMO. Don’t confuse Whizzard Junk with Dumble. I personally believe Dumble is a very specific tight shell with little wiggle room. Once you start cutting Career Fair and playing things like Inject and Laundry you’re no longer Dumble, IMO.

I don’t think losing the second Medium is as much an issue versus Fastro as others think. I consider the second Knifed more important than the second Medium. Another possible cut is the third Datasucker.

don’t have experience versus the ETF Hybrid lists so I cannot speak on that point. I don’t think Employee Strike is worth the slot or influence.