Official Dumblefork Thread

At 10 cards left in the deck, the probability to have 3-4 agendas remaining in the deck is pretty low ;).

Yeah I know, hence “some” chances :blush:.

Whiz with a single Vamp for CI ups the odds a lot. And it’s not bad in other matchups. Worst case you feed Faust, as with any card that isn’t useful on a specific match.

1 Like

As a Noise player I am very interested to see one of these CI decks in action. I have literally never seen anyone play that ID.

1 Like

I’d really like to know this too. I’ve seen CI maybe twice in the wild, and have no idea how to play well against it.

Both times it just felt like hoping to get lucky on the central slot machine by accessing either agendas or Jacksons before they assemble the combo. But I’m sure I could be doing better.

I saw a lot of it on Jnet in the competitive channel this past week. I think the CI Puzzle thread is triggering a resurgence.

General tutorial is few posts above - run everywhere until you feel they might be able to combo (critical mass of $ and cards), then stop to avoid Power Shutdown and build up for your best possible multi-multi-access turn. When that fails, flip the table and walk away.

1 Like

Slot Employee Strike and watch the Corp cry as they hadn’t got a real plan to score out properly so can’t even turn it off?

(Of course a Shard would be more definite and probably a better toolbox card in general, but maybe not quite as funny.)

CI has lots of ways to deal with Shards. Employee Strike is way better as a counter to this deck (as it hurts immediately).

That’s why you run 2 biotics.

(of course they can just deja vu it back)

1 Like

I gotta ask, is anyone going to try slotting pol op or councilman into this? Or is it just a waste of time?

I ask because I probably won’t have time to test it before my store champs, but D&D will probably be legal by then. I am feeling like -1 parasite, -1 career fair and +2 pol op would eliminate the caprice match up and help you out immensely against asset spam.

You solve caprice by blowing up all the ICE then running the naked server. Cutting a parasite is definitely a mistake.

1 Like

That Career Fair is pretty dropable though.

You can’t even use Whizzard credits with PolOp, so it doesn’t seem like such a hot plan.

1 Like

I got that part. Fair enough.

What about councilman? Being able to deny a jhow/batty/crisium/cyberdex/etc. rez seems worthwhile. Even as a 1 of.

I can’t think of a card that’s low value enough to cut for Councilman/Plop. I personally wouldn’t play either in the deck.

If you were running Vamp (to deal with CI or something) I think Councilman goes in that slot.

I think some sort of hit for this deck is coming around the corner cause of what you and @TheBigBoy both said,

I hope cards like Navi Mumbai City Grid and Magnet are enough to solve some of the problems, but I’m hoping there’s some interesting counter play as of yet to be seen to counter this deck. I’ve noticed there isn’t much a horizontal deck can hope to accomplish while Whizz is top Anarch on the scene.

Either this, or something on the MWL, I think the former is more likely.

It’s weird but Whizzard is actually an incredibly useful presence in this meta, which would be utterly overrun with asset spam decks otherwise. Even for Whiz, the Gagarin & NEH matchups can be oppressive to play against. There’s always a point where you just cannot continue to keep on top of the assets.

3 Likes

I know it stops asset decks from getting oppressive, but it’s so oppressive to any asset based deck, not just spamming. If I’m playing assets outside of IG, NEH or Gagarin, it’s a joke. But I get what you’re saying, and I’m sure it can’t stay that way forever anyway.

1 Like