Official Dumblefork Thread

Cuts order for tech:

(1) 3rd Sucker
(2) Plascrete
(3) 2nd Knife/Fork

Wouldn’t ever cut a Medium

10 Likes

I love ES vs IG and RP.

But maybe you are right. It feels pretty punishing though.

Is anyone even playing Plascrete still nowadays?

That’s a fair list. Out of all my games with Dumble, I would say I win with Medium installed about 25% of the time. I think the actual figure is probably more like 20%.

Slotting Plascrete varies wildly by the local meta. My experience for some time has been ‘no, not really.’ Runners are often very lax about installing Plascrete when they slot it, and many have stopped slotting it altogether.

However, a worthwhile caveat is most good runners are still very conscious of their meat damage protection, and will keep themselves alive one way or another. Plascrete is very good at this, and is probably used in ~50% (completely made up from my best guess) of serious tournament decks. Other popular options lately have been I’ve Had Worse (now at risk to Saleem’s Hospitality), Sports Hopper (mostly in Geist), and Imp/Wanton Destruction in anarch to trash the kill combo from HQ.

I cut Datasucker and Plascrete for 2 Slums and it feels okay

I’m more sure if I’ll keep them in at this point, it really does depend on matchup - sometimes they’re just dead draws

The best scorch protection is a full grip, and an early game win.

edit: Oh and Imp.

1 Like

I dont think I would run more than 1 slums.

Slums is good, but it’s pretty much there just for museum. You will need it in that match up and not so much in most others.

1 Like

Yes, I have seen many runners focus on winning before the corp can assemble the kill combo instead of slowing down to protect against the kill. This is why I think Local Product Line may be a good card worth using in Weyland flatline decksl to better/more quickly assemble the combo against such runners.

Personally, I worry more about Wanton than Imp, but both are great at breaking up the combo.

3 Likes

There was an entire deck built around catching the runner incorrectly pacing against it, it was called SuperModernism :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

My old meta never really moved beyond SuperModernism. Every runner deck I made was NACH + Film Critic as soon as it was printed…

I think you’re definitely right. I’ll go with cutting plascrete for now. If shop comes back I’ll cut a datasucker!

But does that mean you don’t play Employee Strike? The only cut I see for ES is Career Fair (+1 Employee Strike, +1 Dirty Laundry, -1 Career Fair, -1 something else)

Argus almost won a regional yesterday because of all you chumps cutting your plascretes :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Film critic won me the game vs a convenience shop deck yesterday.

Plascrete is hard to slot, not sure what I would cut with film critic in my build. It is probably still worth it.

The way to go these days seems to be
-1 Clone Chip
-1 Plascrete
-1 Sucker
-1 (forked maybe? Not sure what to cut here)
+2 Strike
+1 Film Critic
+1 Slums

I’m pretty sure the percentage play in most areas is to assume the best corp deck will continue to be underrepresented and play little to no hate cards, because you multiply by the probability of encountering the matchup where the hate card is relevant when you figure out your EV, and slums in particular does an awful lot of nothing in matchups that don’t involve IG.

1 Like

film critic is good I don’t think slums is worth it unless you want to play more than one copy and then your very committed to that matchup

All you slums haters are sneakily going to bring IG to your next big tournament. :stuck_out_tongue:

This assumes all your opponents are equal. Slums could be worth playing if the 2 best people in the room are playing IG.

3 Likes