Official Dumblefork Thread

Club Cakes. Love them all. Anyway, you’re totally right, and it’s not what the deck does that’s not fun, it’s when it gets the draw first or second turn. I got like 6 turns in before a full rig of medium, clone chip, d4v1d and Faust were on the board with Nightclub Pancakes going ham. Competitively, I have no quarrel with the deck, as you can tech against it. It’s just the constantly having to play one of the toughest decks ever to beat that makes one a little peaked. It’s like PPVP Kate, in Orange, with a giant middle finger waving nonsensically in your face. Let’s not forget about that monster.

1 Like

Okay, so how much does no Clone Chips hurt this deck? If we’re running 3 Faust, 3 Wyld, 2 D4v1d, and the 3 Parasites we already had, that sets us down to 4 influence left. Since Levy is basically required, that leaves us 1 inf, probably used on either a Career Fair or a tech slot like Critic/PolOp.

Honestly, this doesn’t seem that bad? You can throw in Deja for non-instant Parasite recursion, and the deck kinda just functions normally. No Parasites out of the bin, and program trashing hurts a bit more, since you can’t just let your Faust die to like a Batty’d Ichi and just CC it back for the next ICE.

I tried to cut the clone chip and It was just fine. Just pre-install mimic and pack some anti-batty tech

Instant parasite is a hit, but it is still going to be a very strong deck. Especially because you can play Deja Vu.

Still seems good. Just pray they don’t run Magnet.

Levy could potentially be replaced with Trope. It’s not quite as good, but if you really need the influence elsewhere, it’s a possibility.

I suppose you could drop the Levy for a Trope, but it is a pretty poor substitute as a x1. It would probably need to be a x2 or x3 so you can get it early enough for it to be relevant.

I really wanted Trope to replace Levy when it came out but it hasn’t lived up to that. Needing to draw it early hurts & it takes forever to scale to the place where it can fuel something like Faust. It’s much better served as “shuffle only 3 Parasites back into my empty stack” or something like that.

4 Likes

I’m going to say people advocating for Deja to replace Clone Chip are correct. It slows the deck, but FA is less of a problem now. Plus, you get twice the Parasites.

It doesn’t make sense to work on this deck right now. See what corps do and then react. In some metas Deja for 2x parasite isn’t even that slow. Just give it time. ICE destruction is always going to be good, we (or I) just need to figure out the best shell and ID for it.

7 Likes

So let’s all double down on Salem’s Hospitality naming Deja Vu against Dumblefork from now on! Honestly, this deck being slower is all the Corp needs to produce thoughtful, meaningful counter play. Once Whizzard goes away, Student Loans meta? Victoria Jenkins? Or maybe we should all just play Magnet.

Continuing from that discussion…

The real problem with -WyldCakes, -Faust is losing the ability to run fearlessly with Faust, and still being down influence from the David include on the MWL. Without Faust you don’t need the high power of the WyldCakes draw engine, so you can shift to lower power of IHW/Inject/Earthrise. However, we’d need to find a way to replace the 100% break rate of Faust. Is Eater an option?

(I do think that @TheBigBoy is right; Dumblefork operates like a Control deck, having the right answers for the Corp meta. With the MWL shakeup, we need to know what the Corp meta is to adapt Dumble to it. It looks like Sandburg and NBN tagstorm, with a smattering of Weyland Kill hovering around the edges. This deck is uniquely suited to beating Sandburg, without being Reina Headlock or 45Siphon decks.)

My current anarch deck is a reg build that runs 2 knifed to take the edge of eli, and so i can kill resistors with d4 or sometimes corroder if the corp goes all-in on a HHN or Midseasons play. It’s working pretty well. I’ll post the list once it’s well-tuned.

3 Likes

Interesting. Personally in a Reg shell I am most likely to play a Forked over a second Knifed. I consider it unacceptable to pay more than 2c over and over to pass an ICE :wink:

You can still parasite sentries. Forked is a dead card in too many match-ups.

1 Like

Current build is here:

Deck is still good. Remind everyone why RP is unplayable :wink:

3 Likes

Damn…and I was just getting comfortable playing my CtM deck…

Ah but you’ve broken down and tech’d in strikes. the rule of degenerate deck construction is always be the tech-ee, never the tech-er :slight_smile:

with only two Faust do you keep opening hands with it more often?

I always only had 2 Faust. Don’t get me started on this again… It’s a stylistic thing.

I haven’t broken down. They released new cards. If CtM didn’t exist I wouldn’t be playing Strikes.

2 Likes

guh, the this list is somehow even more brutal than before? the astro nerf is a bigger boost to this deck than the MWL was a hit, imho.

Kill is coming back to green in my area - we’re already playtesting with punitive/boom/HHN builds (not always at once) and having mixed but promising results. So far one Plas does the trick though as long as you hold your IHWs and work to clear tags.

Yeah, if you’re worried about kill then 1 plas + the 3 IHW should easily be enough to keep you alive.