Official Dumblefork Thread

What would you install with Architect? Agendas?

I was thinking Faust decks. Play tons of silver bullets and chuck them to Faust.

1 Like

You’d reinstall ice that had been trashed already.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

What about VoldeDecks? or, SPOILER ALERT: Snape decks?

3 Likes

Im fine with specifics. I just dont like calling meta hate decks Hatebears when it is a metagame deck where none of the 2 str 2 cost ice cant inconvenience your opponents set up compared to their more expensive counterparts. And wraparound is not a bear.

But yes, I am fine with stupid nomenclature as long as it isnt burrowed from mtg.

2 Likes

You want a little bit of Solfood?

This is pretty close to what I took to my last SC, but I have modified it since then. The main hate cards are Tollbooth, Little Engine, Willo, and Interns to get all that back if Dumblefork blows it up. There are also a lot of ICE that tax out D4v1D and cost Faust a lot of cards too.

1 Like

I’ve been finding Sol the best defence against the current Whizzard ICE destuction builds, lots of Wrap, Archangel etc. to tax out resources and naming Wyldside or Faust with Targeted Marketing normally nets you the SanSan credits - or they don’t play a key card and you get an advantage of them slowing down. Lots of Cyberdex helps with the Parasite/Datasucker angle too.

Trouble is, I’ve found the deck vulnerable to Green builds largely and I’m still trying to fine tune between having a decent Anarch match up and not getting too weak on the Shaper front. I imagine Leela would be a tougher match too, but have yet to trial it.

Just don’t play against green decks :wink: Sounds stupid, but in Nottingham my Sol faced 5 anarchs.

I didn’t get a lot of Leela practice, but Targeted Marketing on Account siphon was always useful.

I can second this - been playing Sol since it came out and targeted marketing can really do great work. First on Faust or Wyldside. Then when they realise they want to D4V1D through most of your ice, name D4V1D.

My deck is by no means perfect, and I’ll keep tweaking it, but it does OK in this match up.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/32095/ka-ching-v2

1 Like

I have slotted snare into my RP deck to counteract fuast with some success. Also, Ashigaru with another piece of ice behind it is awesome faust tech. I was thinking of cutting it until i saw how well this worked.

Revenge was exacted. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

2 Likes

Why did you build a Jinteki deck without Snare? It’s my favorite defense against medium digs, and now with Faust it can really threaten a flatline.

I played against an Biotech deck yesterday that I managed to hit 7 snares against. It was kinda funny, I never needed to use my second trope before.

1 Like

Don’t you think 28 credits paying Snares! is a little overkill for the corp budget (esp. for a Jinteki snares decks) ?

2 Likes

It slowed down my medium dig a bunch, but I was having a hard time denying him economy. It was probably paying for so many snares, and recurring the snares that kept him from scoring a second agenda.

His approach seemed to be to try to deck me out with repeated net damage and Faust breaks, which would have worked had I not use two Tropes in that game. It was the only time I ever needed the second trope, I only run 2 to make sure I find one early enough.

My newest experiment to beat this is an operation-heavy Medtech deck with lots of psi upgrades.

This is not truly a rush deck, but a click-compression deck. You invest your entire game of clicks into forcing the runner to deal with one of two scores in very limited time. This leaves them little time to actually destroy your remote, forcing them to play your psi games (which with the batty caprice combo they have a 1/9 chance of winning.)

Medtech (44 cards)

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer

Agenda (6)
3 Global Food Initiative - - -
3 The Future Perfect

Asset (6)
3 Jackson Howard - - -
3 Launch Campaign

Upgrade (5)
3 Caprice Nisei
2 Marcus Batty

Operation (11)
3 Celebrity Gift
3 Hedge Fund
2 Interns
3 Restructure

Barrier (4)
2 Eli 1.0 – --
2 Wall of Static

Code Gate (6)
2 Enigma
1 Inazuma
1 Lotus Field
2 Yagura

Sentry (6)
1 Ichi 1.0 –
3 Pup
2 Swordsman

4 Likes

Is Launch Campaign going into the scoring remote? I imagine this deck having only 1 server to keep the ice concentrated as much as possible (living under the assumption that a decent amount of it is going to get trashed).

I’d ask about Heritage Committee in this deck to help speed it along, but the deck slots seem so tight I can’t think of anything you’d want to cut for it. I dig your list :smile:

EDIT: should we call this Snapetech?

A deck very similar to this has been wrecking (ok, that may be a bit extreme, it’s just one guy who really likes playing it) our meta. He plays a little different list, with Wraparound and Rototurret and Crisium instead of Eli and Ichi. The basic idea is the same, however, and it’s sure frustrating to play against, but it wins unless the runner wins a bunch of psi games.

Yes, launch waits in the scoring remote while you get the pieces you need.

Are you finding 6 ETRs enough for the remote?