Official Dumblefork Thread

There’s 7, and yes. Remember it’s a 44 card deck. Just don’t waste your etrs on centrals, leave them open until you get the right ice if you have to.

1 Like

Yeah this is the kind of deck I was struggling against. IMO this looks much weaker to Faust due to only 1 Lotus Field. with only 1 Spooned in the standard build of Whizzcakes I found it to be the best piece of ICE against me in all my games versus Medtech. The Enigmas die instantly to Parasite; interested to hear your reasoning behind those Enigmas. Deck seems like it could afford another Lotus or two.

1 Like

Enigma swordsman has been the best remote for me vs Noise in my NEH. I was trying to carry that success over to this deck.

2 Likes

Played something like that very much at King of Servers. If you can repeatedly win psi games, it’ll win you games. Siphons/Vamp do hurt, especially with no Crisium. A singleton Junebug is a good consideration as well.

I’m not too concerned about siphons right now. If my Corp can beat Dumble, Noise, and random shapers, then it’s good enough. I’ll take my chances with Crim and dark Maxx.

Is it not the worst, when you make a cool, efficient, good deck, and then you play some shaper that isn’t Kate with some bullshit jank and it’s just impossible to win? You can crush denial, but Kit or Nasir or whatever just bones the ever living shit out of you.

1 Like

It’s frustrating, but I like those odds. And all power to people bringing Kit or Nasir to tournaments.

Oh yeah, it’s worth the bad match up, but boy can it be a bad match up.

Also, i thought the name of this thread/deck was dumbledork, so that’s what i call it. Stupid whizzard, trashing all my stuffs

I’ve been calling this list whizzcakes for the past 2 months and I’m sticking with that

Took down an SC yesterday with this and @spags Fastro (no Raven, only Turnpike; 2 Resistor). Dumblefork was 6-1 and spags.dec was 5-1. I swapped one Forked for a second Spooned because I was expecting a lot of yellow, but otherwise it was identical to @TheBigBoy’s list.

I faced NEH Fastro (win), Bootcamp Blue Sun (win), Foodcoats (loss), NEH Team Turtles (win), NEH Fastro (win), Foodcoats (win), and Haarpsichord Psychobeale (win). I dropped down to the losers’ bracket in the cut on my one NEH loss after being first seed out of swiss, but came back to win in the finals against that same player.

I didn’t miss the second Forked until the finals when my Haarpsichord opponent rezzed all three Data Ravens on different servers and I could only blow up two of them. I still won, though. I let him have the one on HQ and just locked up R&D and the remote. At that point, with no Astro token thanks to Turntable, I felt a lot less pressured and was able to maintain control of the game until the end.

3 Likes

Around here there’s a very successful Medtech player which runs big ICE (Ashigaru, Susanoo) and 3 Melanges on top of operation economy to feed them. Plays fast and it stonewalls a bunch of decks.

That match-up (haarp) is precisely the reason for the 2x forked. Data Raven is just so annoying…

2 Likes

Even more so now with @Nobo715’s SYNC deck.

2 Likes

have you tested e3 in this deck? Would help to save d4 counters (eg on assassin or vikram), manage card resources on a big run, help vs the komainu facecheck and generally make the blue sun matchup more favourable given all their crazy ice (archer, curtain wall, orion). Cost comes at a clone chip.

Introducing #anarchproblems into a deck that uses faust and d4 to circumvent these problems seems like a bad idea.

4 Likes

I’d play an E3 if it was 0 inf. I’m not cutting a chip for it though.

Clone chip parasite is the main thing makes this deck superior to other faust pancakes decks. Cutting it dilutes a lot of your power.

6 Likes

i think this makes sense, both are powerful options but the clone chips offer more versatility. how are you coping with the BS matchup? there your parasites are not very useful, whilst their ice can consume your davids pretty quickly (although the additional clone chip helps here also). a singleton sharpshooter perhaps over a parasite or career fair?

E3 is better than one might expect, but only for a game plan where controlling the remote will win you the game: I’d play it if I were expecting a field of almost entirely Blue Sun and HB. But with the amount of NBN around right now, controlling the remote is not going to win you the game so you need a strong central threat too. Add in that E3 is useless against most NBN ice, and Clone Chip seems the better option.

1 Like

Decks I’ve seen running E3 were removing 1 Career Fair and 1 Parasite for it, not CC

2 Likes

I play e3 in a similar deck, but it’s out of Quetzal instead of Whizzard.