Official Rules Question Thread

Yes

3 Likes

Can the runner shuffle zero cards (none in hand) into rnd instead of ending the run when resolving loki’s sub?

No. That shoulda been in the UFAQ, I must have missed it.

3 Likes

Saw this odd case come up at a meetup yesterday. Runner is playing Apex vs. Skorpios. They trash a face-up Harbinger to use Endless Hunger. Can the corp RFG Harbinger, or does it get turned face down?

My reading is that both Skorpios and Harbinger are replacement effects for the “being added to the heap” portion of card trashing, so on the runner’s turn, that effect is replaced by Harbinger and cannot be replaced again by Skorpios. Does that jive?

Harbinger:

When Harbinger is trashed, install it facedown instead of adding it to your heap.

Skorpios:

Whenever a Runner card is trashed (from any location), you may force the Runner to remove it from the game instead of adding it to the heap. Use this ability only once per turn.

UFAQ for Skorpios + clone chip:

If the Corp uses Skorpios Defense Systems to remove a Clone Chip from the game when the Runner uses it, does the Runner still get to install a program from their heap or has the cost been prevented?

Yes, the Runner still installs a program from their heap. Skorpios replaces the Clone Chip entering the heap with being removed from the game, it doesn’t replace the trash event; thus, the cost has been paid and the ability triggers.

1 Like

Correct

2 Likes

Does the answer here depend on whose turn it is?

If Corp turn Skorpios effect activates prior to Harbinger and reversed on Runner turn?

Both are replacement effects for putting a card in the heap.

Yes

Verifying that a ruling is consistent:

UFAQ states that Preventing a net damage from Ben Musashi also prevents the steal, because you didn’t pay the cost.

Does this apply to Obokata Protocol as well? (I’m assuming Yes.)

Yes. Since the wording is almost identical, they probably didn’t think it was necessary to make the same ruling.

2 Likes

If Dean Lister boosts Faust with a System Seizure out and I discard cards, does it keep the strength give to it by Dean Lister, or does it go down?

1 Like

Editing out the plain wrong info I gave.

The strength goes down. System Seizure doesn’t stop an icebreaker’s strength from being modified (up or down), except specifically to cancel out the rule that returns an icebreaker to printed strength at the end of an encounter.

4 Likes

Kakugo is bypassed by Security Nexus: 1 net dmg or not?

1 damage. Bypassing is still passing.

2 Likes

Does the runner declare which event he is playing with SoT before or after Skorpios has to decide ID usage on SoT?

Can the Corp shuffle face down cards in Archives? It’s clear that face up cards can be reordered, but I couldn’t be certain about face downs after trying to parse the relevant text in the rulebook. (Alice runs Archives, can the Corp shuffle face downs after the ID trigger before turning them face up for access?)

@jakodrako answered this a few days ago on twitter:

https://twitter.com/ANR_RulesWiki/status/893998736023535616

Yes, the Corp can shuffle.

1 Like

Interesting question. I would say, they would have to decide on removing SOT before they know the event, because nested triggers off of cost go first. If you had 3x Tech Traders and a Clone Chip and 0 credits and SMC and Mimic in the heap, you’re not locked into installing the SMC that has to be in the heap to use Clone Chip, you can choose a program up to 3 credits (i.e. Mimic).

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, you’re echoing my thoughts on these but I wanted to get another opinion since I wasn’t 100% sure and these came up at a weekly meet up. Cheers!

1 Like

Can I rez a Tithonium on start of my turn via EBC by paying the alternative cost?

Yes.

1 Like