Official Stimhack OCTGN League PART V

Thank you for all the effort you put into it! SHL was the thing that pushed me to start traveling IRL competitively and really let me consolidate and hone my craft, and meet the many of the best players from around the world. So, thank you.

3 Likes

iā€™m really sorry to hear that, but i do understand

1 Like

Anything complicated about running it?

I check the forums daily nowā€¦ if its nothing too intense beyond responding to issues players have in a timely manner, I can pick up the torch.

Give me a run down of what to expect and I can do, unless someone else already volunteered to.

2 Likes

The setting is there. You can copy and paste. The ā€œdifficultyā€ lies in handling situations: bad behaviour of players, bad luck, people convinced of their own judgement etc. And in handling the end of the league. Getting four players from four timezones and 2-4 continents can be difficult.

To be honestā€¦ I handled price support myself. It wasnā€™t a big deal, but I can imagine that not all of you can or want to do that.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

2 Likes

I ran online ranbats for other games before. If its mainly difficult in the decision making in shit situations, I can roll on that XD.

Then its settled. Iā€™ll give it a spin. Rest easy friend.

How long do you usually wait between leagues?

A new era begins. XD

16 Likes

So far we kept it close. We usually started after the finals of the last one. In this case after sept. 6th.

Good luck, and thanks for taking on the torch!

3 Likes

@bahram: One Uruk-Hai Lives His Dream - YouTube

3 Likes

Thanks for running these!

The high level OCTGN match ups provided by SHL have been great for my game since I first joined in February. Thanks for the work you did to set them up!

5 Likes

Thank you for doing this! SHL is my main source of practice. I donā€™t have a lot of people online to play with and I rarely get to play live. Itā€™s the best way to get a game in against above average players with top tier decks.

4 Likes

Btw, we still need a streamer for september 6th. Anyone?

One thing Iā€™d like to mention would be giving more space between each Stimhack league.

From the first one until this seasons iteration Iā€™ve noticed that different participants and indeed just total number of games have dropped a fair bit, I put this down to overkill somewhat.

In my opinion it would raise excitement levels and participation for Stimhack leagues if they were made twice annually maybe with months apart from the end of one and beginning of the next for people to take a break, freshen up, change of meta etc rather than just keep rolling from one onto the next pretty much.

Just my opinion on improving it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna do a post later today with a bunch of ideas and questions to get feedback for the next one. Keep an eye out, but Iā€™ll keep this in mind. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would but I dont think Iā€™ll be available. :frowning:

1 Like

I play a lot on SHL, but only had about 100 games played for this one because of extensive practice for US Nationals, and then the netrunner burnout that happens when @eric_c brings his RP to a causal night the first meetup after Nationals :stuck_out_tongue:

If you start the next SHL soon allowing for D&D to be legal I would say you would see considerable increase in games as many are wanting to prepare for KOS15 and Worlds.

1 Like

SHL 6 Quality Control polls

VOTE YOU NERDS.

http://forum.stimhack.com/t/polls-inside-stimhack-league-round-6-quality-control/

3 Likes

Standings and scores SHL 5 playoffs

LIVE

Josh - Noa (Nobo) 2-2 Corp
Rotom - RTSA 0-4

Now:
Nobo vs Rtsa
Josh vs Rotom

Standings (league standing tiebreakers)
RTSA 2-4
Josh 2-2
Noa 2-2
Rotom 2-0

2 Likes

Thanks or the updates. Gonna miss the rest of the games and itā€™s nice to know whatā€™s happening

1 Like

Standings and scores SHL 5 playoffs

LIVE

Josh - Noa (Nobo) 2-2
Rotom - RTSA 0-4
Josh vs Rotom 0-4
Nobo vs Rtsa 2-2

Josh - RTSA 2-0
Nobo - Rotom 0-2

Standings (league standing tiebreakers)
RTSA 5-6
Rotom 5-6