Official Stimhack OCTGN League PART V

American here, what holiday falls around now?

Yes I know, its a commentary on how we get a whopping 2 weeks vacation a year in America

Plus, OCTGN stability is still pretty ropey, so thatā€™s probably putting people off playing as much. It certainly does me.

1 Like

I think you have to be willing to throw up an SHL request then go work on your latest jank build for about 15 minutes while waiting for somebody to show up. It also seems to be easier to get a game during prime time both US and Europe times.

1 Like

Woho, I get 6 weeksā€¦alas, I am not able to actually take that much time off, so have lots of days ā€œsavedā€ from previous years stacking up

7 weeks and proud!

Many are practicing for US nationals, meaning they are playing private games against each other to specifically practice against certain archetypes. also with US nationals in mind, everyone on the west coast pretty much left Monday or Tuesday- so a great number of tier 1 players are going to be offline til the weekend is over.

We usually lose unspent time off

I stopped playing on OCTGN two months ago, after I won regionals. I didnā€™t have any incentive to train then and also Iā€™ve got regular Netrunner meetings IRL now. Iā€™ll probably play some games before Nationalsā€¦

Iā€™m personally kinda taking a break, as it is. Iā€™m still keeping up on everything, but not actively playing right now. Preferring to get a little extra sleep and recently started re-playing Dragon Quest VIII, so that takes up some of my time.

@belbo had a disconnect at the end of our match. Just posting this to show him I had the Breaking News in hand (with 2 creds) so I posted a win. Very nice player and looking forward to playing him again.

@Slakker Yep - no problem! And sorry about the disconnects (Iā€™m still trying to log back on). Very well played. Iā€™ve verified now :relieved:

1 Like

Small tip, if you canā€™t find games, you could also announce youā€™re up for a game in this forum

1 Like

Need a disconnect ruling here:

Two cards left in hand, none in deck, Levy burned, and Iā€™ve got an active Hades Fragment and ELP, versus a rig thatā€™s been mostly Aesopā€™d to fuel runs on R&D. R&D is about half econ and a few interns, which can retrieve Batty to essentially seal off a server. Needless to say, Iā€™m pretty confident in my situation. I would have liked to have played it out, but my opponent left without much explanation.

Regardless of the situation, Iā€™m of the opinion that if youā€™re leaving and not in an overwhelmingly favorable board position, you take the hit and chalk it up to having to do things in real life. Iā€™m a bit miffed that I reported it and found out that it was rejected an hour later, so Iā€™m calling for arbitration. Also, heā€™s back online now, Iā€™ve PMed him to reconnect with no response, so thereā€™s that.

3 Likes

i had happened to have been spectating this game for a while and i agree

1 Like

Seems you forgot the part about the game running for ~2,5 hours (not kidding).
Not a single card hitting the remote for the last 2 hours being just a(n un)fun fact.

Iā€™ve given us both lots of chances to end this - either you Battying me to death, or me stealing. While you refused to score, I kept visiting the lionā€™s den. Iā€™m terribly sorry though that I have some real life obligations besides A:NR.

//I appreciate the optimism and all the great things you can say about your board position from your end of the table, even after the upgrades have once again been defused, I really do. If I may, though:

• donā€™t overestimate PSI effects
  • Iā€™d strongly advise to move the scoring plan somewhere before the 3h mark.

@romanoSoprano: Iā€™m sorry to say but the way you left was a joke. I can understand that after 2,5 hours you got other things to do. You should have explained the situation better and not leave this way. Saying: Iā€™m sorry, but I can not play any longer. I never thought this would take so long, I have to be somewhere else. etc. etc. might have prevented this farce.

@thebigunit3000: Iā€™m sorry, but this is not a victory. Weā€™re very coutious with handing out victories. we only do it in slamdunk situations. To me this is not slamdunk. I could also see Romano win in a lucky HQ run.

6 Likes

Does this not count as an intentional disconnect? Therefore is a forfeit for the runner?

I see what you mean, but I feel that it was not to avoid a match result.

Are Universe of Tomorrow and Data & Destiny legal?

If itā€™s on octgn, itā€™s legal. However, since we are in transition, do inform your opponent.

1 Like