Doom_Rat on Skype.
DoomRat on OCTGN.

ZiNOS on OCTGN
pzinos on Skype.

Greek in nationality, no money and terrible English accent :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

ItJustGotRielle - OCTGN
DonTankMeBro - Skype (Kyle G)

I want to point out that skype is really a bad choice for this as it needs a special group and someone to maintain it and add/remove people etc. Then it involves calling specific people in the group and so onā€¦itā€™s just not meant to handle this kind of setup.

Ever since I started making my game definitions, Iā€™ve been providing a mumble server which is much more suited to online gaming, with a drop-in/drop-out system and ad-hoc voicerooms with subrooms etc. Unfortunately people never really started using it, but if you are insterested, the server is still up

port: 63836

You can go to the OCTGN channel and I already have netrunner rooms setup. People can just leave mumble idling and look who else is also online.

11 Likes

OCTGN: RJayz
GMT+1

I like the idea of something like Mumble/Ventrilo a lot better! Generally much higher quality voice, MUCH simpler interface, and you can see who is online very easily.

I would happily pay for a Ventrilo server monthly and host for this- Netrunner is the only game I play and all my extra-curricular time is spent online in octgn or on forums.

Iā€™m all for @db0 's idea as well- it depends on what the community prefers! Letā€™s take a vote!

1 Like

I know about the Mumble server and it is great, but I wanted this a place to go where (1) it was exclusively stimhackers so the quality of the games was higher, (2) you could share screen and play with more than 1 person on a side without crowding the OCTGN room, and (3) reasonably use the chat from both desktop and mobile platforms regardless of whether youā€™re looking for an OCTGN game. Many of us have been using Skype for a long time to play together and, in my opinion, these features outweigh the simplicity of Mumble for the purposes of building a community of friends rather than just having a place to talk once you end up in a game.

Itā€™s just different, and there is certainly room for them to coexist. In fact, I actively encourage all of you to download Mumble and use @db0ā€™s server instead of Skype once you find a game if for any reason Skype is being unwieldy.

3 Likes

What Voice Chat Program do you prefer for playing on OCTGN?

• Ventrilo

0 voters

Skype requires the most management but is the most accessible.

Mumble has been volunteered by @db0 but is shared with other OCTGN games.

Ventrilo would be hosted and managed by me but dedicated exclusively to Netrunner.

I donā€™t think a poll is 100% necessary; I use skype all the time and will keep this group going there regardless of the results. If you want to set up Ventrilo go ahead.

You make a lot of great points I hadnā€™t considered regarding screen share and spectating- if youā€™re going to do anything beyond voice chat Skype is definitely the optimal choice.

Skype name: Roflobster_nexis
OCTGN name: Four_Leaf

Skype name: casey.stump
OCTGN name: stumpy_man

OCTGN: crushu

I happen to use Skype for work so I appear online more than I am, but Iā€™ll gladly hang out with other netrunners, even if I canā€™t play all the time.

skype maznaz2000
octgn maznaz

OCTGN: koichinakano

Has someone agreed to run the chat yet? If not, Iā€™ll do it when I finish my last exam.

@Andremodt is taking care of it

OCTGN: Zolend

Playing games with voice chat would be splendid. Also, I find I learn a ton screen sharing and getting a 2nd perspective on things.