[Official] Streaming Announcement Thread

Streaming some games with the cube decks we drafted. Come watch for some janky combos!

2 Likes

firing it up

Firing up the stream for a quick late night session. Come on in!

In addition to a regular steam on Tuesday evenings with D1en, (the commentary thing) I think I might start streaming some games on jinteki.net. Itā€™s not totally functional yet, and not a lot of automations are done, but it can run on a browser and thus will be significantly easier for me to stream. Iā€™ll let you guys know when I am going to do one.

Also, itā€™d be great if we could do commentary on SHL2 t4 matches.

5 Likes

I would be happy to help with commentary for anything. Not sure if people would consider me a good candidate, with not much tournament experience, but just putting it out there.

1 Like

Iā€™ll definitely throw my name in there for commentary on the top 4. I wanted to do that with the SHL1 but it got delayed so much it didnā€™t work out.

Planning on running a session tonight, aiming for about 3 hours. Should be starting up around 6 PM EST. I picked up a bunch of followers by posting in a Reddit thread, so itā€™s time to say hi to them. My last roommate moved out last night, so I am officially all alone in a 3br apartment. Come keep me company in cyberspace.

Going to be doing some dual commentary with Dan tonight of some Stimhack League games. I finally got my bandwidth issue solved and hopefully itā€™s permanently fixed. Iā€™ll keep you all posted!

3 Likes

If anyone wants to play on the stream, weā€™re going to go up in about 2 hours. Message me on here on or Skype if you have it.

Iā€™ll be there around 6:30.

Stream going up in about 10!

itā€™s been 12!!!

Throwing up the stream in 10, sorry for the wait gents, dinner took longer than expected!

Thanks to Sam for the games.

Trick of light Iā€™ve found to be roughly as effective as Astrobiotics, despite the jank appearance. Only the Matrix Analyser is questionable. I like the Andy build, but he didnā€™t see much of what he wanted early on.

Similarly when playing Noise, I didnā€™t like most of what I drew, and didnā€™t manage to put much pressure on the corp. Dan is probably right that I should have mulled, I think I put too much weight in the Sure Gamble. I didnā€™t see any of Kati, Armitage or Daily Casts, and never had any money to work with - I was constantly surprised to still be in the game.

To watchers, itā€™s alot harder to decide what to do when you canā€™t see everything =) I spent most of the game ignoring the hand because the corp had two astro tokens, and I donā€™t think I even considered running HQ on the last turn, even though it looks obvious now. I was less afraid of losing next turn than I had been on previous turns, so I just installed a sucker for the mill with the intent of pwning it next turn.

The trick was realizing that he had 8 agendas left among something like 18 cards in HQ and R&D. He triggered mandatory draw and NEH ability on architect the past two turns. Additionally, the 2nd advance on NAPD signaled he drew breaking news. That was a really tough one to spot, especially on OCTGN. In real life you can see the cards physically moving around. OCTGN doesnā€™t make it very easy to watch your opponentsā€™ stuff like that. It was a really rough game for you. Grails can be a huge pain in the ass for any runner, but one like Noise who canā€™t expect/donā€™t want to set up a full breaker suite quickly it can get really brutal.

@calimsha I looked again at the last turn of your game with @mendax where you were saying dirty laundry on archives would have saved you, losing all your programs. But playing the laundry would put you down to 3 cards, so @mendax could have vamped you for 3 with ichiā€™s trace. If you evade, thereā€™s exactly enough money to land both punitives; if you take brain, only one needs to hit.

Just re-watched the bit I commentated on:

1. I need to turn my mic volume up, was coming through borderline silent
  2. To the guy asking about the reina deck, architect, blue sun, IT department and reversed accounts are all really good against it, so I kinda moved on to different decks. I think the shell will be fine again come O&C.
  3. Kate sux

bblum - I havenā€™t rewatched it and canā€™t remember it now, but that seems reasonable.

Also, I massively need a new Kate build, because my NEH matchup is just not there right now.

thanks for the stream and casting guys, it was great fun.

Nice stream! Thanks!