Oh, I forgot I owe you a discard...Cybernetics Division thread

Harvester gets more and more annoying the smaller the runner’s hand size is. Anything below 4 and runner’s really don’t like letting the subs fire.

Unless they want to click to draw 6 and find a specific card.

If the runner is down on hand size and is running my server to dig through 6 cards in the hopes of finding one (assuming Harvester is not the outmost piece of ice), I’d call that a win.

Though I guess with Harvester you want to run Blacklist or Chronos Project to make them less interested in pitching cards they might need.

Limiting Harvester to non-outermost makes it more difficult to use, especially since it doesn’t have an ETR like most traditional inner ice. The point is that it’s not good to play ice that may benefit the runner more than they hurt.

I swapped my Yagura for Harvester in IG and loved it there (undefeated at 2 SCs) but I wouldn’t import the thing. It’s really situational.

Harvester is good if you catch the runner of guard with it and they don’t draw what they need, and it’s especially good in pairs, as having to draw 12 cards is really quite a lot and might force you to spend all of your recursion even having a board state. I like the cheap rez and 2 subs mostly in the decks I use it in.

I think at 1 inf I’d much rather import Lockdown into Cybernetics Division. While the Harvester synergy seems nice, it just accelerates the Runner by drawing them into cards they need (I know I overdraw a lot as Runner, esp if I’m Shaper). Lockdown comes with the upside of forcing the Runner between running with their early clicks and not being to draw up (it’s much harder to break than Harvester), or running later in their turn which plays into other HB cards like Bioroid ICE.

1 Like

Been doing a little more experimenting. I wasn’t very pleased with Valley Grid, as it feels trying to build up the multiple-ice servers you need in order to have Valley Grid be good is pretty hard.

I’ve been messing around with a deck like this, but yet to actually have somebody run into Edge of World.(people just ignore the remote a lot of the time for some reason?) I’ve made some of the ice cheaper, as the multiple expensive sentries have proven to be an issue when trying to set up early game and a bit of rushing is in order to get towards the point where the Runner can’t let anything in your remote slide. Snare! has been pretty mediocre for me so far. Putting a Biotic somewhere might not be unreasonable in order to help close out games. I also tried Lockdown and it was terrible for me.

Edge of World BBG (44 cards)

Cybernetics Division: Humanity Upgraded

Agenda (9)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
3 Corporate Sales Team
3 Project Vitruvius

Asset (10)
3 Adonis Campaign
3 Edge of World •• •• ••
2 Eve Campaign
2 Jackson Howard • •

Upgrade (7)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
3 Breaker Bay Grid
1 Crisium Grid
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (6)
2 Archived Memories
3 Hedge Fund
1 Neural EMP ••

Barrier (4)
3 Eli 1.0 • • •
1 Wall of Static

Code Gate (4)
3 Turing
1 Viktor 1.0

Sentry (4)
1 Architect
2 Ichi 1.0
1 Vikram 1.0

Built with [URL=http://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/HPhbbowGjfDJPdsBG]Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

1 Like

This was my list from my SC, which I won on the strength of Noise. That said, I only dropped one game with this deck, but that may have only been because my first game with this deck went to time against Dumblefork due to the previous game taking forever (damn you, Cerebral Static!).

Momma’s Box of Chocolates (44 cards)

Cybernetics Division: Humanity Upgraded

Agenda (8)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
2 Global Food Initiative
3 Project Vitruvius

Asset (8)
1 Adonis Campaign
1 Edge of World
3 Jackson Howard
3 Melange Mining Corp

Upgrade (6)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
1 Crisium Grid
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite
2 Marcus Batty

Operation (8)
2 Archived Memories
1 Biotic Labor
1 Green Level Clearance
3 Hedge Fund
1 Subliminal Messaging

Barrier (4)
1 Eli 1.0
2 Heimdall 1.0
1 Wall of Static

Code Gate (4)
2 Turing
2 Viktor 1.0

Sentry (6)
2 Fenris
2 Ichi 1.0
2 Vikram 1.0

I actually managed to get an Edge of World kill with this one. My life is now complete.

Why Melange over more adonis?

1 Like

Melange has greater upside if you can keep it in play for two turns. Adonis just barely pays itself off there. I’m not looking to play a long game where I wait out my campaigns (I frequently found myself discarding Adonis because it was too slow). Melange, while it eats your clicks, is a decent bit of burst econ that gets insane if you can pull off using it twice. Personally, I’d rather use something else, but Successful Demonstration doesn’t work often enough, and there’s not much else in faction.

It was originally just a deck list thread is why.

Has anyone figured out how to make self destruct chips work yet? Defective brain chips? Anything?

Nothing really works from what I’ve tried because you can’t follow up with the kill most of the time, even if you do manage to land brain damage on the Runner. Brain damage is very limited in scope. This means you have to import the kill from other factions, as there isn’t really anything in faction that capitalizes on landing it, Landing double Overwriters on the Runner isn’t exactly the most reliable of threats, and landing a single one doesn’t accomplish a whole lot, even it does cripple runners on Faust.

I’ve tried multiple forms of net damage, and all of them end up being somewhat ineffective. There’s also the Batty plan but that works better with the NEXT ice out of another ID as you strife to cripple or kill the Runner in one go. I haven’t personally tried meat damage yet. Being able to kill the Runner through a Plascrete if you land a single brain damage through any means or by scoring a Self-Destruct Chips (or if they play Sports Hopper instead) seems nice, but the influence cost is steep, you need to import both the damage and any tagging method, and the maximum 4 hand size means trying to hold onto the kill pieces can be awkward.

As a side-note, Defective Brain Chips feels like much more of a Nisei Division (or any Scorch Jinteki) card as with Cerebral Casts you have a somewhat reliable way to land a brain damage on the Runner.

yeah, if only localized product line wasn’t 4 influence and impossible to import scorch with, right? Maybe Custom Biotics, where’s that thread?

Why do you need Localized Product Line? You’ll find the Scorches if you need them, you’re a 44 card deck. The bigger problem is trying to tag people when you need to

Yeah, I’m currently combating that problem now in custom biotics.

With Enforced Curfew out, I thought I’d see if there were any good ideas for a Cybernetics Division deck floating around.

Here is an idea. Not saying it is good.

Dain Bramage

Cybernetics Division: Humanity Upgraded (Chrome City)

Agenda (8)

Asset (5)

Operation (21)

Barrier (2)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Martial Law

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

I use neural emp, self destruct chips and show of force as my kill enabler. The deck is there with curfew.

2 Likes