Order and Chaos (Now FFG Confirmed w Spoilers)

Whoa some playtester be leakin’, eh?

9/6 is ridiculous. It’s what Punitive Counterstrike always wanted, though!

I think 9/6 is very playable. It allows you to play 6 Agendas in 49 cards (6+3+3+3+3+2), for 12.24% density. I will probably be trying out a Blue Sun Deadcoats build with Government Takeover. 2 Punitives after Takeover steal gets through a Plascrete and a full hand. Triple Punitive after Takeover steal gets through triple Plascrete and full hand (18-4-4-4-5=1 meat damage). The Runner would have to consider this possibility before every run on RND. Add at least 2 Taurus and the big money BS makes and it would be pretty difficult for the Runner to survive stealing Gov’t Takeover.

1 Like

I enjoy spoilers as much as the next person but it must suck to be one of the designers (Lukas, Damon, et.al.) and have your trust betrayed like this.

10 Likes

Problem is that your entire game plan falls apart the moment they score an agenda that isn’t Takeover.

2 Likes

no it falls apart then too :smiley:

1 Like

I actually really like the Glenn Station idea, even if it’s not super feasible.

I dunno. FT for Glenn, IA.

Next turn, score!

Following turn, FT for GT, hide it, profit?

ah so just having GT in there to reduce your agenda density, but never intending to score it. definitely an angle, too

Based on the person’s answer to a question from @apreche on reddit, it’s a playtester for sure. Based on time shown on the phone vs. time of posting, on the East Coast. Sigh. What a dick move.

2 Likes

I got linked to it by someone else over an IM, didn’t realize was a playtesting thing. They’ve put out one other spoiler, for The Source (yet another exciting looking card), now that I go to look and follow it up more.

Do we have a policy on this sort of thing? Supposedly snow-jax isn’t a playtester (though I’ve no idea how that works given the complete spoilers so far in advance), and we’ve been using those, but… I dunno. I want to talk about the spoilers, but also, yeah, super dick move, bleh.

Thoughts?

It’s exciting to see spoilers, but I’d almost prefer if I had never seen a single card from a given pack/xpac before release. Kinda kills the excitement of opening the pack. These last score of Lunar cycle, the packs have sat around unopened after I purchased them for a few days at least. This doesn’t stop me from clicking spoilers as soon as I see them, but I definitely wouldn’t miss them if they went away.

Especially for xpac, I hope we don’t get many more spoilers from O&C. That would ultimately be a bummer

3 Likes

Hey, if they ever need a playtester that doesn’t pull this kind of shit, I’m game. Not lacking in experience, either.

Obvious answer - person at the printers where the cards are being made. The time frame seems about right, from what I’ve seen so far.

3 Likes

The person apparently has spoilers for O&C and whatever else they’re playtesting. “I have all the spoilers for them, but I don’t know if I’m doing more harm then good by releasing them”

I’d encourage you to send them a PM.

I’m not going to encourage someone, particularly a playtester, to spoil stuff by asking for it.

My concern is more “if it’s out there might we as well discuss it, or should we leave the obvious playtester spoilers alone and not encourage more?”

Oh, I was suggesting to PM them not to spoil anything additionally.

As for discussing here, you can’t unring the bell so discuss away.

1 Like

Ah, yeah. It looks like others have been? I think that’d also involve signing up for reddit.

Well, if true, that means we’ve now seen three of the four Weyland agendas in O&C. I’m hopeful the last will be a 2/1 or 3/2 just to help rush decks out a bit more, everything so far seems great for bigger, slower decks which is fun, but not always what I want to try.

Easily done. Don’t read a thread with “spoilers” in the title :-).

This would require self control far beyond what I possess.

1 Like

Gotta love Weyland, I can’t imagine another faction that ballsy. Losing 6 points to a random access will probably make it binder material, but it will have to be put to consideration.
Advanceable traps got a new dimension on Weyland. The corp can advance a card slowly and what will the runner do if it gets to 6 advancements? Run or not run?
Awesome card! But with my luck it eill probably be just like Philotic, always stolen before it reaches my hand.

2 Likes

There’s a bunch of spoilers from the new draft packs on twitter.

3 Likes