Order and Chaos (Now FFG Confirmed w Spoilers)

But is that better than Demo Run? Sure, if you won’t be running again this turn, but… they’re the same price. If Showing Off only cost 1, it’d be much, much better.

1 Like

It counters Yagura.

It’s for the install cost, not the rez cost.

Whoooops. Okay, huh. That’s… actually kind of better? At least for Blue Sun Glacier sorts of things, or Glacier in general, having the money to keep building out these servers can be tricky. Even then, not sure about it, but it’s something.

Am I dreaming, or is that expansion symbol on Day Job actually Order & Chaos?

2 Likes

it’s Order and Chaos :).

2 Likes

Yea, or for HB Glacier. Still—deck slots. Also—makes for a more porous R&D. You’re probably better off with just some Beanstalks or GLCs.

1 Like

And suddenly all the Anarchs are working in call centres. Heck, at 1 inf are all the Runners?

3 Likes

Only the ones that are on drugs and have enhancements that are well worth the risk.

3 Likes

Am I irrationally excited about how good of an econ card Day Job is for Anarch? The 1inf indicates I am.

Also, another Anarch card with a printed 10 that isn’t the cost.

2 Likes

I totally want this to be a theme. Maybe we can get a “break up to 10 barrier subroutines” breaker next, to say an extra-sweet “screw you” to NEXT Silver and Ashigaru? :smiley:

Eh, we already have Morningstar. I’d go with “break 10 sentry subroutines” in case Komainu thinks an Origami-rooted hand will be an easy kill.

1 Like

In that case, it obviously has to be “break exactly 10 sentry subroutines”, in order to have the requisite level of anarch weirdness and jankiness :slight_smile:

Don’t get me wrong, I think Day Job is a cool card, and worth playing. But isn’t it basically the same as Liberated accounts, or even Armitage? Liberated is 10 credits over 5 clicks (versus 8 credits over 4 clicks with Day Job). Personally, I like to sell Liberated with Aesop’s on the last click for maximum efficiency (9 credits over 4 clicks).

The buy in for Day Job is cheaper, so that’s nice. Also works with PPvP, though it would be fun to use Liberated with The Supplier.

Josh B it and have that last click to spend it before a CA.

Lower buy-in is the big advantage over Lib Accounts. Armitage remains pretty good, though Day Job combos nicely with PPVP and might be the push Anarch needs to make that an actual option. It’s also instant, there’s no worries about later use. I think the big edge is the PPVP synergy though, because it saves the influence on Lucky Find (or lets you run 'em all).

For everyone else, Day Job’d be awful, I think, without PPVP, but Anarch’s looking to have the most click-boosting options, which makes them uniquely suited to make use of it handily.

Or maybe that’s just me thinking that.

5 Likes

I would actually like something like that. Or rather a run event costing 5 clicks to play and who fan break for free up to 10 subs.

Totally gonna do that if I win the worlds championship.

2 Likes

Magnum Opus is good economy. People run it. Liberated Accounts is basically a Magnum Opus you never have to pay for (same with Day Job) - it just doesn’t last forever. The dominant reason Liberated isn’t played is because the upfront costs do not sit well with Anarch. Having to spend 5 clicks to use it all up is a pain too - Day Job is a bit less intense than Liberated. I’ve been playing it in Aesops Noise to good effect too - the saving on the click, and being able to bounce up to 6 with Cache quite easily, make it really good. I expect Day Job to be similar.

1 Like

Day job gives 8 credits in a single click if you are being funded by Starlight!
Has anyone else had their mind blown? :smiley:

Nope, it isn’t a Double.

4 Likes