Order and Chaos (Now FFG Confirmed w Spoilers)

Darn, I thought it was the additional cost of any event :confused:
Here was I hoping for a janky Starlight deck but it is still a bad card :-

dayjob is very good. A perfect splash for ppvp kate ! only one inf, crazy good. Even in anatomy of anarchy, you can do some crazy tricks.

The big thing that Day Job means: you can build a deck with Liberated Accounts, Sure Gamble, Day Job, Lucky Find, and Vamp.

I’m not getting all the day job love. Even with Two PPVP its only 2.5 credits per click which is good but not amazing.

And now do the math on all the other options available in-faction.

4 Likes

Off the top of my head Queens Gambit 6 credits for two clicks is better than day job.

1 Like

If the opponent has unrezzed non-agenda cards in play. Which some decks never do and plenty of decks stop having the moment they realise you are playing Queen’s Gambit. It’s not the joke card it was a few data packs ago, but it’s still not a reliable source of income.

Day Job is much like Inject. It’s pretty terrible in Criminal or Shaper (I know people do play Inject in Shaper but it beats me why they do it), but it’s better than most of the alternatives for Anarch.

4 Likes

Liberated accounts with Aesop’s Pawnshops is 9 credits for 3 clicks. Barrier to install is high though. I can see that it is a decent card. The art however is deserving of all the praise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forgetting about the click to install, are we? :smile:

Day Job is great precisely because it is an enabler for Liberated Accounts and mid-game Sure Gambles, much like Armitage is. Also, bursting up to 10 with one card makes Morning Star more plausible, for instance.

3 Likes

You should include the install click since you’re comparing it to an event, without Aesop’s it’s 10 credits over 5 turns (2creds/click). That’s on par with Day Job but with a higher play cost. With Aesop’s it comes up to 9 credits over 4 clicks (2.25 creds/click). Add in a Supplier install and it’s 11 credits over 4 clicks (2.75creds/click). Though that requires at least 5 influence to boost the efficiency to that level.

Comparatively, Day Job hits 2.5creds/click with 2 PPVPs in play, which are influence-free. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The other big thing with Day Job is that it’s not forecasted. If you have an Opus or Armitage or Lib Acc on the table, the corp knows you’ll be gaining money, But effectively playing a card that reads “click opus four times this turn” without having to pay as high a set-up or spend the influence. That means, well, you can go almost broke one turn, skip your next, and be in position to attack again on the third. Much better than a lot of times where I spend so long building back up slowly.

And, again, while other cards like Armitage are also great for this (and will likely never leave Anarch decks for good), the low initial cost means this can be Armitage 4-6, which I like a lot more than trying to get Lib Acc to work by itself.

I know I’ve touted the “bonus clicks” thing a few times because I’m interested in that sort of deck, but again, the ability to go from 2 to ATTACK without any resources in play is niiice.

Much like Inject, it’s a case of “this’d be awful for most anyone, but Anarch’s are so desperate for anything decent that helps their economy or draw that they’ll be overjoyed for it anyway.”

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s even that. People don’t bat an eye at clicking Opus for a whole turn. This is the same effect, minus the MU requirement and tempo hit. Moreover, it can be recurred with SOT, and made even more efficient with PPVP.

oops, only read @GreedyGuts last 2 paragraphs. He covered my points… :smile:

3 Likes

No… I am afraid not…

Stim Dealer! All-Nighter! Joshua B!

Painful but doable!

2 Likes

Here’s an achievement for ya: Played 2x Hard At Works in a single turn. Do that while NOT losing the game and Lukas will give you a fist bump next time ya see him.

1 Like

Fix’d. I was thinking of All-Nighter. Hard at Work is the opposite of helpful.

Right lol… stupid of me.

awesome achievement. I may have to personally push for this added to our next LGS Achievement league

1 Like

Day job and Duggars are both really strong effects. They just require a whole (standard) turn. It makes playing against anarchs a game of making sure they don’t have time to have a whole turn not checking anything or running anywhere. It’s a really interesting design philosophy.

That said Day Job is loads worse than lucky find. But I suppose neutral cards with influence cost better be strong.

Saw this on Facebook: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3QHxnxCYAAvRpB.jpg.

MaxX
Runner: Natural
0 link 45/15
At the begining of your turn trash the top two cards of your stack to draw a card.

3 Likes

H
O
T
:smile::slight_smile: