Order and Chaos (Now FFG Confirmed w Spoilers)

I dunno. I really hope that’s not her subtitle. “Angry Runner” is just so… bleh.

Other’n that, who knows? But that bit makes me wonder.

Wow! There doesn’t seem to be really any downside to MaxX at all, as with Deja Vu, SoT, Retrieval Run, Clone Chip, etc. anything valuable that’s trashed can be recurred. And given the fact that most runners tend to spend at least one click a turn drawing, she gives you an effective 5 clicks every turn for the entire game. Well, I guess there is a slight downside, in that, without spending any clicks to draw, you deck yourself in a 45 card deck at the start of your 14th turn, so any kind of long game will struggle unless you import at least 1-2 LARLAs. Also a decently-timed scored Chronos Project will just take a giant shit on you,but other than that, she seems very solid.

She requires a more careful approach to deckbuilding though, because those choice x1 influence splashes are not necessarily gonna cut it.

Edit: I imagine MaxX will get some novel recursion in O&C, and I’m not saying her ability is a huge liability, but I do think that even with loads o recursion its variance makes it hard to evaluate/difficult to deckbuild without more testing than normal.

It’s kind of like if Andy had this wild kid sister who was her like “So I heard consistency is king?” snorts uncontrollably

2 Likes

I’d think that Day Job would enable Liberated Accounts rather than replace it. With 3x Day Job and 3x Lib Accounts, it’s almost as if Anarchs have a Magnum Installed at all times. Certainly will make big Vamp plays easier in Anarch.

4 Likes

Seems to me like 1x Siphon or 1x Legwork gets a lot better if you’re milling yourself and playing SOT/Deja

2 Likes

Don’t forget that Trope is coming:

1 Like

Be tricky to balance the necessary recursion with things that’re worth recurring, but MaxX is certainly poised to be one of the most aggressive runners out there. Bonus click/turn plus making all the recursion stuff more valuable, yeah, that sounds pretty damn good, especially with the full 15 influence.

All three runner IDs in O&C really sound like they might be contenders, though I’m sure time’ll show MaxX or Valencia to be a cut above.

Kim, with the new goodies from O&C, will be poised to do a pretty good job of denying the corp ops-based win conditions – many FA and flatline decks will be unhappy with that.

Valencia’s ability makes for cheap runs at the very least, and might combo very nicely with Personal Workshop and/or Itinerant Protestors + Other BP givers (like the recurrable Investigative Journalism) to just deny the corp any HQ at all. Certainly makes Blackmail an easier inclusion and NAPD a harder one. (Tallie Perrault for Card Draw?)

MaxX goes fast, gets more benefit from recursion, and just generally sees all of her deck (one way or another) in 13 turns without spending more than one click to draw. Actual draw just pushes her over the top. Not sure how best to play her – honestly makes Brain Damage decks sound interesting but is probably not the best ID to pull it in.

Either way, I’m hoping the Weyland IDs are a match for the Anarch ones. Gagarin doesn’t wow me overmuch (though it does seem kinda fun, Blue Sun seems more solid to me at the moment). Titan and Argus sound cool in theory, but, well… lacking any real info.

I’ll be surprised if Eddy Kim isn’t the best non-Noise Anarch once the big box appears. His ability plus 45/15/1 stats seems really solid.

His might be the best nice to have - don’t need to build around - ability in the game (although that award will likely always go to Andromeda). I think Whizzard also has a great ability though, and I still can’t get him to work reliably. Still need to find a way of setting up fast enough/slowing the corp down enough as an Anarch.

1 Like

Agreed, especially since it synergizes naturally with multi-access which is what you’re trying to do anyway. Gives you more than one option to look for in the corps servers and I think that is strong.

What’s the info we got on Titan and Argus ?

I believe Argus is “When an agenda is stolen, the runner must take two meat damage or a tag.”

3 Likes

Two mills for a card draw seems like a tough, tough trade, though. That’s two-thirds of your deck that you need to recur to get access to, and you’re going to have to somehow not mill your recursion cards.

3 Likes

Anarchs seem to be “the discard faction”, both in regards to the Corp (DLR, Noise, Archives Interface, Retrieval Run) and to themselves (RR, Deja Vu, Duggar’s). If there’s a runner that mills themselves (still an If at this point), I’m taking it as a signal that there’s going to be some more support for runner recursion in O&C. Not necessarily program recursion, mind you.

Imagine how good would such self-milling ability if you had, say, a piece of hardware that allowed you to play Resources from your discard at the cost of, say, an extra click.

Snowjax also revealed one previously unknown faction card each yesterday on 4chan before confirming the IDs (Maxx & Weylands).

I’ll post them because I believe them to be accurate—I spouted gossip a ways back about Argus’s ability, which turned out to be almost exactly correct (triggers on ‘steal’ not ‘access’)

"Amped Up
Anarch - 3 inf
Cost 1

Gain click, click, click. Take 1 brain damage. "

"Builder
Weyland - 1 inf
ICE: Code Gate
Cost 2,strength 4.

Click: Move this ice to the outermost position on any server.

->Place 1 advancement counter on a piece of ice that can be advanced.
->Place 1 advancement counter on a piece of ice that can be advanced."

And lastly: “You can expect full Order and Chaos (spoilers) in about a week.”

4 Likes

Man is that a really awesome code gate or what?

1 Like

Splash that in Tennin

It seems Tennin’s problem will be too many great 1 inf cards you want to splash (my list for a taxing deck that builds a remote already has Jackson, Ice Wall, Commercialization, Crisium Grid, Eli and Markus; while Space Camp got left out because Security Testing).

I hope this is real, because if it is it’ll be so much fun with Duggar’s. Amp then Duggars and have 2 clicks left with your big hand and probably another Amp. Deja Vu → Amp is net +1 click. Once you burn your deck, you can use a Trope@3-5 to get all your amps back in and QT, then Amp some more. Can you go off and win in a single turn before you brain yourself?

Yeah… shame it won’t combo so well with Day Job, because the brain damage will invariably end up discarding the Day Job itself :smiley:

1 Like

Day Job is one thing. Freelance Coding Contract or Mass-installing multiple copies of Origami is another. The Johnny in me hopes that something gloriously dumb like a DLR or Hivemind/Medium/Demolition Run mega-turn becomes possible, but the rest of me hopes that something like Preying Mantis/Poisoned Water Supply doesn’t become possible. It would be really lame to face that all the time.

1 Like